*Jobseekers* and *help needed*

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Stood down lately I'm finding means "Don't come to work, see you a in a few weeks". Not sure how that works with benefits, but if Qantas can get away with it, I'm certain a cleaning company would too.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Stood down lately I'm finding means "Don't come to work, see you a in a few weeks". Not sure how that works with benefits, but if Qantas can get away with it, I'm certain a cleaning company would too.
Yeah that’s my feeling of the situation. If people want their pay out they pretty much have to quit

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Yeah. The company I work for is a multi million dollar company but they aren't anywhere near the level of Qantas and they still managed to get away with it.

All staff that have been stood down still have a job, they have only temporarily stood them down.

Some people though had more annual leave already approved but now that's been cancelled and they will only get access to one week of annual leave instead of what they were originally going to get. Not sure of the legality of that but people are fucking pissed.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Being stood down is different to being sacked.

Legislation allows employers to stand down their employees if they "cannot be usefully employed" IF the events that resulted in your inability to be usefully employed were beyond the employers control.

As much as it sucks - this is beyond the control of every employer.

The only real option is to go on Centrelink or ask to take your leave or voluntary redundancy - (which they will likely reject).

Also double check your contract or EBA to confirm if there's anything that prevents them from being able to stand you down.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I haven't been stood down. They stood down all of the full time staff which was about 30 people. The part time staff still have work so I'm going to have work going forward.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Got an email from work saying all eligible people have been paid the Job Keeper payment overnight.

I had a look in my account, $1795 in there. So turns out you do not need to be working at the company for 12 months to receive it. I believe that’s only for permanent part-time and full time. I believe casual had to be there for 12 months. But everyone else, as long as you were employed as of 1st March 2020, you are eligible.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I am unemployed and also got rejected for jobseeker. My only source of income now is winning bets on the Russian table tennis

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I am unemployed and also got rejected for jobseeker. My only source of income now is winning bets on the Russian table tennis
Just shave your legs and put on a mini skirt. Surely there’s some lonely blokes in your area that’ll swing you a fitty.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Stood down lately I'm finding means "Don't come to work, see you a in a few weeks".
That's essentially what we've done to some

....1 or 2 were weeded out permanently as dead wood.

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Our accountant is saying we're not eligible for JobKeeper because our figures this month are more than the same time last year.

However, this time last year the business had 2 full-time staff. By the time I came on board there were 4, and then increased to 5, and our turnover had tripled. Steady growth until the end of March, and then it dropped off a cliff to less than half. But not eligible apparently.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Our accountant is saying we're not eligible for JobKeeper because our figures this month are more than the same time last year.

However, this time last year the business had 2 full-time staff. By the time I came on board there were 4, and then increased to 5, and our turnover had tripled. Steady growth until the end of March, and then it dropped off a cliff to less than half. But not eligible apparently.
You can also use the April-June quarter to show the drop.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
You can also use the April-June quarter to show the drop.
The way things are going, April-June will be similar to last year, but it ignores that September to March the turnover doubled then tripled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter