NEWS Joe Ofahengaue charged for alcohol related offence in a vehicle

You mean he slept it off instead of driving drunk and risking people’s lives?!? What a monster.

I hate our laws, what an absolute crock.

If you can’t sleep it off in your car then what are you supposed to do? Sleep out in the open or better still on the road and get hit like has happened to drunk people before and they’ve died. Stupid law and asshole of a cop picking him up for it.

i'm pretty sure, you can sleep it off in the car, just not in the drivers seat with keys on your person.

to be safe, what he should have done was sleep in the back seat ... maybe even throw the keys on the floor as well

If Haas got no suspension for his driving offence which was far worse than this, Joffa wont get anything.

As has been revealed, he did the most right thing possible, for his own and everyone’s safety while unfortunately still doing the wrong thing. Which is commendable on that basis

But

while footballers are people and should have the right to enjoy life and all that stuff ... why in arguably his most important season is he getting smashed 6 weeks out from kickoff?

He slept in his car in front of a friends house? Fmd why is this even news worthy?

he’s done the right thing not driving, though one could assume he would’ve drove when he woke up and still been over the limit, which would’ve been dumb but that’s just speculation because he didn’t do that.

He slept in his car in front of a friends house? Fmd why is this even news worthy?

he’s done the right thing not driving, though one could assume he would’ve drove when he woke up and still been over the limit, which would’ve been dumb but that’s just speculation because he didn’t do that.
We also don't know his BAC at time of reading. Makes sense if you haven't had much to drink in the last couple of hours but think you might still be over the limit to wait it out a bit. Even an hour or so might be enough.

If Haas got no suspension for his driving offence which was far worse than this, Joffa wont get anything.

Is this his first offence when it comes to off field misbehaviour, though? I seem to recall a couple of other incidents. Just the fact it’s another offence could mean he gets something.

Is this his first offence when it comes to off field misbehaviour, though? I seem to recall a couple of other incidents. Just the fact it’s another offence could mean he gets something.
Didn't someone mention this was like his third?

As has been revealed, he did the most right thing possible, for his own and everyone’s safety while unfortunately still doing the wrong thing. Which is commendable on that basis

But

while footballers are people and should have the right to enjoy life and all that stuff ... why in arguably his most important season is he getting smashed 6 weeks out from kickoff?
Mate... How long do your hangovers take to subside... Think he'll be right in 6 weeks time

FFS

No doubt this will be made into something massive by Sydney media. What's the bet the cop was not a broncos fan, in fact, it'd be safe to say he/she supports another nrl club.
Normally I am on the "they have a responsibility to act responsibly" band wagon when a footy player does something stupid whether or not it involves other people. But he actively does the RIGHT THING here. The cop should be the one copping it. No doubt if it was a storm or roosters player the media would suddenly get on the "protecting a mate/he's just a young bloke/footy players deserve some privacy" rants they normally do to downplay the FAR WORSE crap by the players from those clubs.

Mate... How long do your hangovers take to subside... Think he'll be right in 6 weeks time

FFS

He’s a professional athlete. His job relies on his body being in appropriate condition. The days of sinking tinnies every weekend are gone.

No doubt this will be made into something massive by Sydney media. What's the bet the cop was not a broncos fan, in fact, it'd be safe to say he/she supports another nrl club.
Normally I am on the "they have a responsibility to act responsibly" band wagon when a footy player does something stupid whether or not it involves other people. But he actively does the RIGHT THING here. The cop should be the one copping it. No doubt if it was a storm or roosters player the media would suddenly get on the "protecting a mate/he's just a young bloke/footy players deserve some privacy" rants they normally do to downplay the FAR WORSE crap by the players from those clubs.
All quiet about it down here on the sydney front.

Cops don't decide on who they charge based on the NRL team the support.

he did the right thing by not actually driving, but according the law, he was in charge of his vehicle.

this particular law may be stupid, but he did break it.

as far as offences go it is very minor, but since it is his 3 off-field issue ... may result in a week or 2 instead of a fine

Mmmm, my sceptical side has been tweeked a little on this. No matter how small a house is you'd think there's space to lay down and sleep it off. You'd offer that to a stranger if you thought they were pretty harmless let alone a celebrity sportsman. JoeO is a big name NRL star and you tell him to go and sleep in his car? Ok, maybe as host you didn't know he wandered off pissed up, maybe you were past it yourself to care. It just strikes me as a bit odd.

If the cop turned up, felt for heat from the radiator and figured the guy in the front was playing possum then you might be inclined to charge him. I'm not saying that happened but you know, wondering if there's a bit left unsaid about the affair. Truthfully I'd say most cops finding someone asleep in the BACK seat might look the other way if they weren't suspicious otherwise.

Mmmm, my sceptical side has been tweeked a little on this. No matter how small a house is you'd think there's space to lay down and sleep it off. You'd offer that to a stranger if you thought they were pretty harmless let alone a celebrity sportsman. JoeO is a big name NRL star and you tell him to go and sleep in his car? Ok, maybe as host you didn't know he wandered off pissed up, maybe you were past it yourself to care. It just strikes me as a bit odd.

If the cop turned up, felt for heat from the radiator and figured the guy in the front was playing possum then you might be inclined to charge him. I'm not saying that happened but you know, wondering if there's a bit left unsaid about the affair. Truthfully I'd say most cops finding someone asleep in the BACK seat might look the other way if they weren't suspicious otherwise.
There could be a million scenarios couldn’t there? Maybe he was at the party and some tosser was giving him a bit of stick so he removed himself from the situation.
Maybe the cops got called to the party, they saw a bloke sitting in the drivers seat of a car out the front passed out and checked on his welfare and the rest is history.
The possibilities are endless.

this particular law may be stupid, but he did break it.

as far as offences go it is very minor, but since it is his 3 off-field issue ... may result in a week or 2 instead of a fine
I don't know how the club could be anything other than mad at the dickhead cop. Joe did nothing wrong. He's already been overpunished.

I don't know how the club could be anything other than mad at the dickhead cop. Joe did nothing wrong. He's already been overpunished.
I don’t believe anyone on here has suggested this yet; but when you’re getting paid $500k / year, you can probably afford a $50 Uber home and one back the next day to get your car.

It may be a small offence, but it’s an offence nonetheless. Considering his history of similar offences, it makes it even more foolish he didn’t do the above...

If you run the risk and get caught, you have no one to blame but yourself. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LGH
  • Lurker
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.