John Grant Quits

of course they would :p

it actually reminds me of the scene in Mr. Deeds where the star quarterback want to re-negotiate a bigger contract because he is playing well.

Deeds then says "If you weren't playing well could we renegotiate and pay you less"

lol

SHIT NO. I mean... no.

Yes, exactly. Love that scene.

Bring back David Gallop

Problem is he is far too intelligent to come back

Was Gallop really any good?

The NRL was losing a lot of money with him at the helm. I'm not sure how much of that is his fault, but it just seems as though the NRL is in better shape financially now than what it was back then.

The NRL were losing money with him at the helm. I'm not sure how much of that is his fault, but it just seems as though the NRL is in better shape financially now than what it was back then.
Maybe the admin's aren't the problem......

Cowtowing to channel nine is the problem. Nine are ruining the game.

Remember when they were stacking coverage with dickheads from their morning shows? Disgusting.

You need an even balance between financial interests and the best interests of the game. It's complicated, but it's been one sided for a few years.

AFL and Soccer spend a lot more money on grass roots .
Aus kick comes to a lot of schools . Involves the parents and kids together . Lotsa kids 1st taste of ball sports is Aus Kick .

ARL has done very little to combat this .For more than 10 years .

Another issue is size for age . Islander kids mature faster . Not unusual to see 10 -12 yr olds of islander heritage who are twice the size of the Caucasians . That leads to not having fun playing footy . By the time the other kids catch up in size they have joined another sport .

Warren Ryan suggested that this size difference is killing junior footy . He thought there should be weight classes rather than age divisions . Kids within 2-3 years age dif within the weight limits play together .

i thought the weight classes thing was already a thing in nsw and has been for some time?

David Gallop royally screwed the game by negotiating an awful tv deal.

^^^ Link .

On the flip side .
When the Caucasian kids grow full size and can compete with the islanders . The kids who had been bigger than everyone else and dominated games . Don`t enjoy it when they can`t bully the little bodies anymore and drop out of playing .

^^^ Link .

On the flip side .
When the Caucasian kids grow full size and can compete with the islanders . The kids who had been bigger than everyone else and dominated games . Don`t enjoy it when they can`t bully the little bodies anymore and drop out of playing .
I must be thinking of nz instead of nsw, my bad.

No probs bro .
looks like its happening now in NSW . My father told me he played at weight in the 1950s ?

I think its a great idea. I stopped playing because I'm 5'7 and i was tired of getting monstered when I was a kid. Those guys were my fully grown adult size at 12!
Its hard when you're a small dude, skill or otherwise (i sucked hard but I was fast)

The NRL was losing a lot of money with him at the helm. I'm not sure how much of that is his fault, but it just seems as though the NRL is in better shape financially now than what it was back then.

They are losing money now anyway, and with a lot more money coming in!

^^^ Link .

On the flip side .

This so much. I remember one kid was like 120 kgs at 10, used to run over the kids every week and score a heap of tries. First game in the under 16s, he got smashed in the opening tackle. Never played again after that game. The prop on the other team had grown up and was the same size as him now and laid him out.

Weight for age is a bit of a two edged sword. At first glance it appears perfectly logical, but a couple of things must be considered first: kids love to play with their friends and playing a couple of age groups up isolates and possibly alienates them. Second, a 12 or 13 year old playing with 15 year olds is going to be exposed to a different atmosphere: testosorone and the aggression it brings. That said I'm not especially against it, but only that these things must be addressed.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Santa
  • john1420
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • levikaden
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • johnyE
  • Broncs1459
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.