Jordan Kahu released - Signs with Cowboys

What? Richie Kennar hasn’t made it in first grade? He is years into his NRL career and has played at both the storm and the rabbits?

Oh this is a pointless argument if that's your thoughts on "Made it". Any wonder you think Kahu is great.

There will be PLENTY of points going through that backline. All of their centre options apart from Opacic (who I think is seriously overrated in D) are shit defenders, and they're all pretty toothless in attack.

Tuala is the kid you're referring to. He's pretty good in attack but an absolute turnstile in the Kahu mold.
Opacic is a great one on one legs defender, almost too good. Often the tackle is complete with just him, meaning the 2nd defender doesn't have time to come in to wrap the ball up or slow the play the ball down.

Given an extended run in first grade this will get targeted by coaches. Isolate him and run some big edge second rowers or centres at him who can offload and they will either get their outside men away with an offload or they will get a quick play the ball with a retreating defence. Or Opacic will have to give away a penalty for a second effort to stop the quick play the ball.

Great leg tackling technique, but it's a defensive technique that is not rewarded these days outside of the little first man in dummy half in the middle

Last edited:
Oh this is a pointless argument if that's your thoughts on "Made it". Any wonder you think Kahu is great.

I don’t think Kahu is great, I have already said he would be a depth option and nothing more to us. I respect him for being solid and trying his best through injuries and being a good clubmen, but have been clear on my thoughts that he had no place in our top squad. I simply said the Cowboys fans should be pretty happy given what happened and their current situation.

You are right though that this is a pointless argument.

Opacic is a great one on one legs defender, almost too good. Often the tackle is complete with just him, meaning the 2nd defender doesn't have time to come in to wrap the ball up or slow the play the ball down.

Given an extended run in first grade this will get targeted by coaches. Isolate him and run some big edge second rowers or centres at him who can offload and they will either get their outside men away with an offload or they will get a quick play the ball with a retreating defence. Or Opacic will have to give away a penalty for a second effort to stop the quick play the ball.

Great leg tackling technique, but it's a defensive technique that is not rewarded these days outside of the little first man in dummy half in the middle

If he can stop playing injured ( now they have fixed up his problem groin injury he has played on for the last 2 years he may have a chance ) i think he will do ok up there. He has lost about 9 kgs, so he isnt carrying the bulk he has been the last couple of years at Brisbane which could help him.

Watch cowboys against us last year and you will see why Mosby isn't in their side. He gives up, doesn't have the attitude and desire to do the little things he needs in his game.

Of course he has issues but I think the only way to get past that is for the coach to show some confidence in his ability and give him a regular spot in the side. Then he can start building his game as an NRL player.

He reminds me of Addo Carr, just needs to go to a good club with a coach that wants to play him.

Broncos would be perfect for him. He'd fit under our cap as a replacement in the top squad for Kahu.

How much was JT on and where did all that money go? The idiots could have probably kept Ponga easily.

Of course he has issues but I think the only way to get past that is for the coach to show some confidence in his ability and give him a regular spot in the side. Then he can start building his game as an NRL player.

He reminds me of Addo Carr, just needs to go to a good club with a coach that wants to play him.

Broncos would be perfect for him. He'd fit under our cap as a replacement in the top squad for Kahu.

NRL players generally need to show what they can do in lower grades. His ability isnt in question, everyone knows he has it. Its application and attitude. You cant give players who dont do the basic little things NRL game time because they let down their team mates and cost their team. Until he does things like chasing lost causes and competing at ISC level he wont be going anywhere. Speaks volumes to me that they had a chance to blood him this year and the went out and got Nene McDonald instead. They obviously dont trust him yet.

Players like him are all over the place in the lower grades for a reason. Look at Shannon Walker as a prime example of a hugley talented player who didn't make it.

Love all the cow supporters giving it to me for their latest 'poaching' raid!! Lol 1 bloke just said we were going to be totally fucked now without Kahu in the centre. I said we should be right with Bird and Roberts. Fuckwits everywhere.
Lol.
They are turning into the third broncos qld team similar to the titans bar arrow taking our players who find it hard making it into our 17;
McGuire, Opacic, Kahu, Molo, Carlin Anderson... before that winterstein, hannant and Granville

Last edited:
Just looking at our player movements since the great overhaul of 2015, we've lost so many players, and hardly recruited any, it's a credit to our system.

Since 2016 we've moved on from Hodges, Parker, Thaiday, Reed, Eden, Taylor, Parcell, J.Nikorima, Vidot, Dodds, Lowrie, Drew, Marshall, Hunt, Moga, Blair, Ese'ese, Maranta, Wallace, McGuire, Opacic, Pearson, Kahu, Sims, Seve

The players we've recruited outside of our system since 2016 that are still with us today.. Bird, Lodge, Mago, Tagatese, Savelio, Fensom, O'Sullivan.

Last edited:
Just looking at our player movements since the great overhaul of 2015, we've lost so many players, and hardly recruited any, it's a credit to our system.

Since 2016 we've moved on from Hodges, Parker, Thaiday, Reed, Eden, Taylor, Parcell, J.Nikorima, Vidot, Dodds, Lowrie, Drew, Marshall, Hunt, Moga, Blair, Ese'ese, Maranta, Wallace, McGuire, Opacic, Pearson, Kahu, Sims, Seve

The players we've recruited outside of our system since 2016 that are still with us today.. Bird, Lodge, Mago, Tagatese, Savelio, Fensom, O'Sullivan.

Add Copley to the losses.
Add Roberts to the recruits.

But yes, agree.

Michael Morgan is a gun, but he's been moved around so much they just can't settle him on one position/role. I guess it comes with being versatile. Same with Tyrone Peachey and also Berrigan in the past.

Someone on Facebook commented on a story about Hopoate that he has been promoted to our top 30 in place of Farnworth. Anyone got intel?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.