Jordan Kahu released - Signs with Cowboys

See ya Jordo!

Thanks for the 5 yrs on the sideline and the 5 games on the field.

Someone on Facebook commented on a story about Hopoate that he has been promoted to our top 30 in place of Farnworth. Anyone got intel?

There's an interview on the qrl website with Herbie, says he's on a development contract and will be top 30 next year.

We could have kept Kahu, but I don't think we needed to keep him.

We have cover in each position that he can cover, they may not be as experienced but they are more than capable of doing the job.

This way he won't have to play ISC all year and hurt his chances of getting a good contract somewhere else. I don't think we help the Cowboys much giving them Kahu. They have lost one of the greatest halves of all time and their back line isn't that great. There's going to be problems.

We could have kept Kahu, but I don't think we needed to keep him.

We have cover in each position that he can cover, they may not be as experienced but they are more than capable of doing the job.

This way he won't have to play ISC all year and hurt his chances of getting a good contract somewhere else. I don't think we help the Cowboys much giving them Kahu. They have lost one of the greatest halves of all time and their back line isn't that great. There's going to be problems.

I guess the thing about Kahu was that he could cover a few positions at proven FG standard. Wing is the main one, the only player with experience we have is Kennar, and he only played a dozen or so games since 2015.

So, who got the Broncos 2019 calendar for Christmas? You can be reminded of who has left every month.

I guess the thing about Kahu was that he could cover a few positions at proven FG standard. Wing is the main one, the only player with experience we have is Kennar, and he only played a dozen or so games since 2015.
Kennar will have to get fit quick. He looks like he's carrying excess of 5kgs plus.

Kennar will have to get fit quick. He looks like he's carrying excess of 5kgs plus.

I said 10kg when I was watching the trial, he reminded me a bit of JYY when he came back for a trial or two after his injury. Definitely needs to drop some weight.

I said 10kg when I was watching the trial, he reminded me a bit of JYY when he came back for a trial or two after his injury. Definitely needs to drop some weight.

Saw him at training last week and he is fairly overweight for a footballer.

Lol, I didn't know who he was and when I saw the highlights, I thought I was watching a game of union for a second, thinking to myself, 'Who is the prop on the wing taking a breather'.

Yeah, his level of fitness would have made Kahu's wing cover even more valuable. I'm happy to let him go, he deserves a shot at fullback after his injury troubles. But he would have been the ultimate depth back.

I mean how bad is that NRL website? They have Kahu in a Broncos shirt (the new one no less) with the headline "NRL Round 1 predicted line ups". How embaressment.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Accept
  • Behold
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hurrijo
  • Porthoz
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.