Jordan Kahu Toxicity

He's doing what's best for himself and his family. What do you expect him to do? Roll over and quietly die?
Footballers are people too and that 400,000 might be the last he sees as a professional athlete.
Maybe it would be nicer for the supporters to pretend player disloyalty is a one way streak, but it isn't.
If the clubs could get away with it they would toss any player/official that was no longer optimum for their success away (and they did).
Things have changed. Clubs now have responsibility to at least try and honour their commitments, however awkward.
It doesnt mean it is all in the players favour. Shibasaki is now a Newcastle knight. He will have to move himself and his family and work with a whole new set of employers.
As Kahu said, it's a business, but the players are still people.
If you want him to go like gillet?. Why should he? Unlike gillet he has very little set up, having moved a couple of thousand miles and is in a position where a guaranteed income for a year will see himself established once more.
Of course the club could offer to pay him off, but they seem happy enough to have him there.
If you notice there is a lot of dissatisfaction when older players realise they are little more than meat to the grinder of professional sport.
When they are young they are elevated from their more humble beginnings and given a cult status among fans only to find the "love" was very shallow. If they put their bodies on the line and it fails, only the honour of the coach and club officials stand in the way of a return to humdrudgery of every day life, and fending for themselves.
A player like Kahu will have had time to prepare himself somewhat (unlike Palasia), but it's still a shock. They are human beings after all, not robots.
Remember Thaiday? Read the articles and comments from 2015 until his retirement. He went from being one of the all time great broncos to someone that struggled to compete with players who would never achieve anywhere near what he did (Mago, saviello etc.)
There was a time when Kahn was thought of in the same way as staggs. He actually possibly had more potential. He had a strong work ethic, did all the right things and looked to be karmichaels successor at fullback. Injury and time put paid to that. It did the same to gillet.
One day it will do so to Haas and fifita. If they seem a little melancholy because their horizons shrank with the passage of time I'll forgive them too. But perhaps looking and learning from Kahu will give them the inspiration to make every moment of their brief careers their best. If the likes of Milford and Oates could pick up on that idea too, perhaps they will find the way back to the players they were.
No one is denying him the opportunity to do that. The fact is the broncos ARE THE ONES GIVING HIM THAT opportunity. Why is he acting like a spoilt little child towards them.

No one is denying him the opportunity to do that. The fact is the broncos ARE THE ONES GIVING HIM THAT opportunity. Why is he acting like a spoilt little child towards them.
Exactly. I'm not mad at him for coming back. I'm mad that when he left he said it pissed him off, and now that he's back getting $400k for doing nothing he's still publicly posting shit about it.

Take the sentiment out of it.

The Broncos are an employer. Kahu is an employee.

He's making the most of what he can. Every single person on here would do the same thing Kahu has if they were in his shoes.

We get caught up in the sentiment because we're fans, but for many of the players, playing footy is just a job - a means to earn a living. He's spot on too, footy is a business these days, unfortunately. Everything revolves around money. Everything.
I agree, i dont blame him for the actions he has taken regarding taking up his valid contract with us given the absence of other options. Yes, 100% of people in that position would do so.

What i do take umbridge with is the attitude that he has somehow been wronged here. He is still getting paid a very good salary to do rehab.

So in his first two years, he played 13 games in NRL. And that was after sitting on the sidelines for two years with ACL’s.
I’d say the club has looked after him pretty well.
Im not saying he shouldn’t come back if that’s the way the contract was written.
Perhaps a little more “I’m grateful to the club. I’m going to try my guts out to get back on the field and show I am a first grader” type thing would be a little more gracious though.

I'm not the kind of guy who follows players on social media so I'm not going to comment on his behaviour.

But if you want to slam the club for disloyalty, which club kept him on as a young unproven player with multiple knee injuries?

Anyway, his contract may be an albatross around the clubs neck but nearly every club gets in this position at some point.

Yeah, as I've said I have no issue at all with him coming back to take the money. He has a family to look after, and anything involving money is a business. It's just the way he appears to be acting like we did the wrong thing and took advantage of him. If we didn't pay him the 100 odd games he spent injured, would he have been okay with that? Of course not.

Take the money, but have a better attitude.

Exactly, it's purely business.

So Kahu is a shit salary cap draining turd who puts money before pride and is getting a wage at a level he can't perform at anymore.

It's just business, remember, so Kahu should take no offence when we call him a shit business decision who is a drain on our roster.

His attitude sucks. When you're getting paid like 8k a week the least you can do is pretend to be super enthused.

He’s right

Is he though? The Broncos were pretty giving loyal to him through all his injuries. They also seemed to do the best thing by him when he was no longer useful to the team by sorting him out at our rivals on a deal that had the potential to bite us in the arse and in fact did that.

He needs to grow up. Everyone had gotten moved on from a job, most don’t get a safety net like he has so take it and move on.

Take the sentiment out of it.

The Broncos are an employer. Kahu is an employee.

He's making the most of what he can. Every single person on here would do the same thing Kahu has if they were in his shoes.

We get caught up in the sentiment because we're fans, but for many of the players, playing footy is just a job - a means to earn a living. He's spot on too, footy is a business these days, unfortunately. Everything revolves around money. Everything.

And I have no issue with that, my issue is his snide marks on his social media that are clearly aimed at the club.

To put this in real terms it would be like you no longer being of value to your employer so they make you redundant, but the sort you out with a new company AND tell you that if you don’t like it or they don’t want you you can come back here for a year on far more than you are worth. I wonder how happy your employer and coworkers would be if you then started mouthing off about that.

Come back, take the money, provide for your family but shut the **** up.

It's not a great look for future prospects thinking about giving him a contract if he's happy to go on social media and make snide comments about his current employer.

So in his first two years, he played 13 games in NRL. And that was after sitting on the sidelines for two years with ACL’s.
I’d say the club has looked after him pretty well.
Im not saying he shouldn’t come back if that’s the way the contract was written.
Perhaps a little more “I’m grateful to the club. I’m going to try my guts out to get back on the field and show I am a first grader” type thing would be a little more gracious though.

Exactly. The Broncos could have said "nah this bloke isn't worth the risk" (which would have been the right call in hindsight) and he'd be working a forklift now instead of making 400k to shit on the Broncos and the fans.

If this bloke gets a game this year we will really be scraping the bottom of the barrel

It's not a great look for future prospects thinking about giving him a contract if he's happy to go on social media and make snide comments about his current employer.
Absolutely, it's disgraceful and unprofessional. He's not hard done by, the club is getting the raw end of a shit deal. Sure that's business, but shut the **** up, put your head down, work hard and cut the backhanded remarks.

How would he like if the coaching staff made remarks about him being overpaid.

"I'm a big fan of the club and can't wait to prove a point and help the team reach a new level of professionalism. As a senior player, I want to be driving new standards and setting the benchmark"

If his attitude wasn't shitty, a lot of us would probably be okay with it and even get behind him. He came back day 1 implying he's only come back for the money. Pretty shit way to get your fanbase on side.

Last edited:
Hold up guys....
Jordan Kahu posted the word 'FACTS' and a caption of Ardie Savea's tweet.

Where are you guys getting this 'toxic' vibes from??? So in support of his cuzzy bro's tweet we are all drawing 'made up' conclusions.

C'mon BHQ we are better than that!
Tenor

Hold up guys....
Jordan Kahu posted the word 'FACTS' and a caption of Ardie Savea's tweet.

Where are you guys getting this 'toxic' vibes from??? So in support of his cuzzy bro's tweet we are all drawing 'made up' conclusions.

C'mon BHQ we are better than that!
View attachment 6737
Because of everything. When he left he had an interview and said he was pissed off, when he had no one else want him he posts a vlog before the Broncos announce anything saying he's back because he's injured and he's putting his family first, and then now he's posted a status implying he isn't happy being back.

I'm not gonna bag him for stating the obvious, of course this comp is run like a business instead of a sporting comp, but for him to hang his hat on that excuse publicly like this just tells me he has literally run out of excuses as to why he should still be here. He can't come right out and say "I'm here for the money", so we get this instead. Pretty much the same thing, just dressed up a bit.

Lets just hope Kahu doesn't get a run in first grade.
I'm happy for him to kick it with Boyd and Macca in Q cup.
Glass half full, we will only have this bloke and Boyd on our books for one final season.
Bring on 2021.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.