NEWS Jordan Riki, the next Fifita

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Jordan Riki is firming for a backrow starting role come round one. Incumbent club captain Alex Glenn, who is mentoring fellow Kiwi Riki, had this to say:

“He’s putting the pressure on myself for that (backrow) spot which I love a bit of friendly competition. He’s a big chance of playing many games this year and he’s going to be a big star in the game in the future. He only just turned 21 and he was blessed to play a few games with us last year, even scoring a try.”

52725a3b3361143a43b651a46dd5169b

“He’s one of those players I’ve tucked under the wing because he plays in the same position and I want to give him advice I wish I got when I was his age. I see a lot of my younger self in him. It’s just trying to be that mentor for him, because I do see a bit of him in me in the way he plays. Those couple of games he played last year are going to help him grow as a player in first grade. The way he has been training and performing has been up at another level. He’s in great shape and a very fit boy.”

McHunt

I really hope we develop this guy on the right edge, looked great in his full game outside Dearden there last season. If we let Oates have an edge over him we deserve the spoon!

Staggs is really the next Fifita isn’t he? Amazingly gifted player who has blown a knee and despite always saying he wanted to be a Bronco for life is suddenly looking to get a massive pay day and has been in trouble.

Pretty much anyone is going to be the next Fifita if they get offered the highest salary in NRL history for a forward at 20 years old.

Riki has a terrific attitude, In 2018 he was awesome in Norths MM side, his run and try in the Grand Final was brutal at prop.

He didn't play ISC until July but didn't get upset or make demands on Smith and then in 2019 played 15 games, then when he was dropped back to Valleys he played BRL and Luke Archer looked after him and taught him a lot. He's had so many injuries and things to overcome.

I said this before his debut last year.

Dynamic runner, he always reminds me of Alan Cann, got a nice right foot step, and super strong. He played on both sides for Norths. He can prove a handful if you're attacking your line and can get him a bit of space. Suited to the edge.

Still reminds me of Alan Cann.

Riki is sensible too, he lives with Carrigan.

Last edited:
Can we re-sign him then please?? The **** is going on with non of our young stars re-signing. White you are useless

Can we re-sign him then please?? The **** is going on with non of our young stars re-signing. White you are useless

when you get a new coach in, re-signings tend to be delayed (especially when coming off a wooden spoon season) while the new coach evaluates his team and decides what he needs. it really doesn't matter which team it is, who the CEO/GM of football/recruitment head are ... they're not going to tie a coaches hands by locking in players they don't want or deals that make getting who they need impossible.

we could have re-signed Riki, Dearden, maybe even Staggs ... but the trade off would have been that Seibold is still our coach

Riki has a terrific attitude, In 2018 he was awesome in Norths MM side, his run and try in the Grand Final was brutal at prop.

He didn't play ISC until July but didn't get upset or make demands on Smith and then in 2019 played 15 games, then when he was dropped back to Valleys he played BRL and Luke Archer looked after him and taught him a lot. He's had so many injuries and things to overcome.

I said this before his debut last year.

Dynamic runner, he always reminds me of Alan Cann, got a nice right foot step, and super strong. He played on both sides for Norths. He can prove a handful if you're attacking your line and can get him a bit of space. Suited to the edge.

Still reminds me of Alan Cann.

Riki is sensible too, he lives with Carrigan.

Patty will look atfer him. Maybe we should force Payne to move in with him as well. The lesson for all these young blokes is be more like Patty!

when you get a new coach in, re-signings tend to be delayed (especially when coming off a wooden spoon season) while the new coach evaluates his team and decides what he needs. it really doesn't matter which team it is, who the CEO/GM of football/recruitment head are ... they're not going to tie a coaches hands by locking in players they don't want or deals that make getting who they need impossible.

we could have re-signed Riki, Dearden, maybe even Staggs ... but the trade off would have been that Seibold is still our coach

Didn’t impact re-signing Flegler, The Love Bug or recently, Bullemor.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • westy316
  • TimWhatley
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.