Josh McCrone Rumour

moosehead

moosehead

BRL Player
Jul 4, 2013
I posted a few days ago - and aside from the 'helpful' comments about people not naming sources - I am now so excited about Wallace possibly leaving - I just cant help myself!

Rooster with ties to Ipswich - that was Martin Kennedy. Kennedy was on the fringe of Origin - and was keen to sign with the club for his chance to play with other young QLD origin players... I dont know if this is referring to our current origin stars or some new signings.... so read into that what you will!!

The Raiders back is McCrone - and yes I know he is under contract... but things change.

As mentioned I heard this from a current NRL player - so I am still not going to name them.

While there are other players I would sign before these two - I am stoked to hear that the club is finally getting active in the player market!

Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

I posted a few days ago - and aside from the 'helpful' comments about people not naming sources - I am now so excited about Wallace possibly leaving - I just cant help myself!

Rooster with ties to Ipswich - that was Martin Kennedy. Kennedy was on the fringe of Origin - and was keen to sign with the club for his chance to play with other young QLD origin players... I dont know if this is referring to our current origin stars or some new signings.... so read into that what you will!!

The Raiders back is McCrone - and yes I know he is under contract... but things change.

As mentioned I heard this from a current NRL player - so I am still not going to name them.

While there are other players I would sign before these two - I am stoked to hear that the club is finally getting active in the player market!

McCrone? Really? eh...

why the **** would we want mccrone? jesus christ.

jesus i didnt realise the salary cap had gone up to $5.8mil this year. we must be at LEAST $2mil under that with our roster.

McCrone wouldnt have been my choice either...

That would be right though wouldn't it. Broncos go looking at the raiders for a half - get McCrone. Why the **** are we getting rid of wallace if we are replacing him with a younger version? I really hope your wrong moose

Would be very happy to be wrong on this one... we really need an half with some attacking flair... and I dont think that is McCrone

What would be the point of swapping Wallace with McCrone? The only difference is age and the thing I liked most about Wal is that he was going to have to retire sooner than later. They could've swapped Wal and McCrone weeks ago without telling me and I wouldn't have even noticed.

Of all the rumours.. if we get McCrone I'm going to lose my mind.. I'd pay Milford whatever McCrone wants.

No. Nooooo. Really? Aim for Barba & DCE, hit Kennedy & McCrone. That would definitely stretch my faith in the club.

Kennedy definitely has potential but he has huge issues with discipline. Just a stumpier, lesser version of JWH with the same grubby inclinations. McCrone is just a flat out no way.

We are seriously way under the cap and shouldn't be spending the money on more of what we already have. By my count, Hodges, Stagg, Prince, Parker are all 10+ year players, and should therefore have a decent % not included in the cap. Hannant would have to be our highest paid player, around $400k, maybe Thaiday is worth more, not sure, with the rest of our pack between $200 - $350k. Besides Hodges, Hoffman & Reed, the rest would be on hardly anything.

DCE alone would be 90% of what we need. K Hunt or Barba just a bonus.

If we sign Josh Mcrone I'm going to dead set lose my shit! Every time I watch him he annoys me for some reason. He has the same potential as Wallace in attack but is half as good in defence. Seriously I'm not joking I will totally cut sick!!

If we are going to sign anyone from the raiders it's got to be Milford! That's the only player from their halves I'd take.

Funny thing is that everyone is starting to see Milford is a fullback. :tongue_smilie:

Funny thing is that everyone is starting to see Milford is a fullback. :tongue_smilie:

1. Milford
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Hunt
7. Cherry-Evans

Ok, that'll have to do I guess..

Nothing funny or recent about it, he's a fullback no doubt and was outstanding there before he went to the Raiders.

So with Prince and Wallace both gone next year, that pretty much indicates we WILL be signing a Half in the off-season, I've got a terrible feeling that this McCrone rumour has legs.

Yep..

So with Prince and Wallace both gone next year, that pretty much indicates we WILL be signing a Half in the off-season, I've got a terrible feeling that this McCrone rumour has legs.
To me it says we have two halves coming before next season. You can't have Hunt and McCrone with no back up and I don't see Taylor as the backup at this stage

McCrone? I seriously doubt it guys. Our management might be a bunch of idiots but they're definitely not that moronic. He is so 'meh' that we might as well stick with Wallace and isn't McCrone only like a year or two younger than him anyway and he's a New South Welshman too, no thanks!

Can we all please agree never to mention either McCrone or Sandow again on this forum? That’s all I’m asking guys, please…

Active Now

• Matheos
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • BruiserMk1
  • Jazza
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.