Just when you thought the QRL couldn't get any worse....

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Game 3 Origin Ticket release - QRL

Adult tickets to this marquee event start from just $80 in the bronze category and range to $265 in platinum. With only the one match in Queensland in 2015, tickets are expected to be highly sought-after.

Adding to this demand is the possible presence of more NSW fans. Blatchy's Blues Bays will be sold for the Suncorp Stadium blockbuster, meaning Queensland supporters need to get in early to counter the Blues.

So the QRL, in all its wisdom, is reserving a section of seating in the only game we have here, for blues supporters. Not only that, but they have refused to do the same for a QLD supporter bay.

Now, they are using that as a means of trying to sell more tickets to us, by saying that we need to be there to outnumber the blues!

Go **** yourself QRL

Last edited:
Yep, I used to love the Origin experience but for the last two years, I refuse to give them a cent. I'll watch it on tv in comfort.

QRL can EAD. Seriously, do they want to be hated?

What's the problem with that? Why on earth would they need a QLD section at QLDs stadium. The rest of the sections where those douchebags aren't sitting is OUR section.

What's the problem with that? Why on earth would they need a QLD section at QLDs stadium. The rest of the sections where those douchebags aren't sitting is OUR section.

But anyone can sit in those sections. NSW fans included. So I agree - if they're making a NSW-only section, they should do the same for the home team's fans.

I hope some Qld fans buy tickets in the Blues area on purpose. Better yet - heaps of them do so it waters down their area ;)

For the same reason they have a NSW section. It allows that section to build a following, to be uniform, to build a better fanbase and support for the team. The blues section will all be wearing the same thing, and all be there to support the blues as a whole. Whereas the other sections of the crowd will be made up of Qld supporters, NSW supporters and pompous rich guys that got tickets from partnership deals etc. The blues bay will be united, yet the rest of the crowd will not.

Nsw has a blues section in sydney, now they have one here. We have a small one in sydney, why cant we do the same here?

Also, the QRL should be supporting the maroons!! It is their team! Why the **** would they want to get more blues fans in?! If anything they should be doing the opposite

Last edited:
But anyone can sit in those sections. NSW fans included. So I agree - if they're making a NSW-only section, they should do the same for the home team's fans.

I hope some Qld fans buy tickets in the Blues area on purpose. Better yet - heaps of them do so it waters down their area ;)

That is actually a really good idea...

Imagining the butthurt.

I'm imagining what happened in a college football game in the states. They had a designated section like this and the opposition somehow got hold of a few tickets. The section had planned to hold up signs saying something like "GO *TEAMNAME*" but the intruders somehow switched it up and the sign ended up reading something like "WE SUCK". There is a video out there somewhere, cant find it tho

Edit: Here it is 2004 Harvard–Yale prank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I'm imagining what happened in a college football game in the states. They had a designated section like this and the opposition somehow got hold of a few tickets. The section had planned to hold up signs saying something like "GO *TEAMNAME*" but the intruders somehow switched it up and the sign ended up reading something like "WE SUCK". There is a video out there somewhere, cant find it tho

Edit: Here it is 2004 Harvard–Yale prank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A simple "1 from 9" message should suffice.

Simple business.

Blatchy blues: "I will buy 10,000 tickets off you today, cash, if you give me a 15% discount on the market price". Sold.

QRL: Look how strong our pre-sales are already! Get in quick guys! Limited one time only price of $265 (appeal to false scarcity!) Support your maroons, and outnumber those interloper NSWelshmen who've taken all your tickets (appeal to emotion!)

Simple business.

Blatchy blues: "I will buy 10,000 tickets off you today, cash, if you give me a 15% discount on the market price". Sold.

QRL: Look how strong our pre-sales are already! Get in quick guys! Limited one time only price of $265 (appeal to false scarcity!) Support your maroons, and outnumber those interloper NSWelshmen who've taken all your tickets (appeal to emotion!)

I dont understand why they would take option 1 tho, the game sells out every year regardless.

So much butt hurt. I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm not enough of a QLD fan.

This is such a non-event IMO.

As someone who went to pretty much every origin in QLD from ~1998 to 2013 and stopped going because of the price rising from about $60 to $200 for the same seats over 2-3 years I'm extremely pissed off, and I'm not going to another Origin match in the foreseeable future. Talk about biting the hand that feeds. Whoever is in charge of the QRL needs to be removed.

I dont understand why they would take option 1 tho, the game sells out every year regardless.

There's signs pointing to that maybe not being the case with ticket prices being ridiculous and QLD ageing/going through a transition, and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

As someone who went to pretty much every origin in QLD from ~1998 to 2013 and stopped going because of the price rising from about $60 to $200 for the same seats over 2-3 years I'm extremely ****ed off, and I'm not going to another Origin match in the foreseeable future. Talk about biting the hand that feeds. Whoever is in charge of the QRL needs to be removed.

Same. Then again, I only went because it was bundled in with the platinum membership until last year.

But I wonder if Stadiums Qld charge a higher licence fee for the big events (Origin, Bledisloe) meaning the QRL has to pass the cost onto the ticket holders? Or is it pure price gouging from the QRL?

Seems to me that the QRL have decided to fill their boots while they can. Origin is an event now. It isn't about filling it up with truly passionate fans like it once was. The AFL has done similar with the AFL Grand Final. So many tickets go to the corporates now.

Seems to me that the QRL have decided to fill their boots while they can. Origin is an event now. It isn't about filling it up with truly passionate fans like it once was. The AFL has done similar with the AFL Grand Final. So many tickets go to the corporates now.

Which is sad. But you could also argue that it's bad for their bottom line. How many kids grew up with memories of magical Origin moments that they experienced first-hand? They're the kids that grow up to be die-hard fans, they're the ones that spend their hard-earned to support the sport.

And let's not forget that they're also the ones that grow up playing it, and the best of these go on to becoming Queensland legends themselves. Way to shallow out the player pool, QRL.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • porouian
  • Broncorob
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • mitch222
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • john1420
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.