Just when you thought the QRL couldn't get any worse....

This is a complete non-issue.

Every event has designated areas for fans. Broncos' home games do for the other team. The whole stadium is the 'Queensland' area, why would you need a designated area for Queensland fans?

Origin is an event, it is a huge sporting event, same as the AFL GF and the NRL GF etc. Why should the QRL be priced at 1987 prices while all the other events are priced at 2015 prices?

The same people that think nothing of paying $200 for the Foo Fighters- complain about Origin. I've never understood that.

Is it expensive- yep it is. But that's the price of big events now.

Yet 3 years ago it was 1/4 the price. That's what people don't like, not just the fact that it's $200 a ticket.

Well that and the fact that only about 10% of the tickets at suncorp are available to the public, and you can only buy a handful in a row.

Yet 3 years ago it was 1/4 the price. That's what people don't like, not just the fact that it's $200 a ticket.

Well that and the fact that only about 10% of the tickets at suncorp are available to the public, and you can only buy a handful in a row.

That's pretty common though; three years ago you might have paid $60 to see a band at the Tivoli. Three years later you're paying $200 at the BEC for the same band.

Every event has designated areas for fans. Broncos' home games do for the other team. The whole stadium is the 'Queensland' area, why would you need a designated area for Queensland fans?

We dont NEED one, but i answered it above when Nashy asked why.

Also, it groups together a bunch of passionate fans who will bring more support and noise to the team than if you dispersed those fans out across the stadium in smaller groups. All the QRL has done is ensure that the blues will get a much louder cheer than they normally would. Makes no sense. QRL wants the maroons to win, and they are taking away part of the home ground advantage.

Origin is an event, it is a huge sporting event, same as the AFL GF and the NRL GF etc. Why should the QRL be priced at 1987 prices while all the other events are priced at 2015 prices?

The same people that think nothing of paying $200 for the Foo Fighters- complain about Origin. I've never understood that.

Is it expensive- yep it is. But that's the price of big events now.
This right here is why the QRL are on the nose. I gladly paid over $200 bucks to go see The Eagles. They've toured twice in the last decade and may never come back.

Origin happens three times a year and if I don't want to buy a ticket, I can sit at home and watch it live. Yes, it is an event but there are bigger. Will people pay big money? Of course they will but in the process, the QRL have pissed off their very supporter base.

Origin in QLD now is basically 75% corporates, many of whom couldn't even name the 2 teams that are playing. Big money for the QRL as it's guaranteed sales, but it's wrecking the game.

That's pretty common though; three years ago you might have paid $60 to see a band at the Tivoli. Three years later you're paying $200 at the BEC for the same band.
I'm not, because I'm not paying $200 to see a band. Much like I'm not paying $200 to watch an origin that I paid $60 for the same seat 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Ill pay these ridiculous prices because its the only game a year I'm guaranteed to watch but the prices are getting really fucking expensive for in essence one game. The average fan can barely afford the $80 tickets so there will be less and less real footy fans go. If I ended up going and sitting in a row full of blokes in corporate suits, I would punch one of them. Don the maroon and show some fucking pride or don't turn up. Who the **** goes to a footy game without at least a supporters jersey or hat/beanie. Its not the ballet for **** sakes

Honestly, you only need to go to an origin match one or twice in your life and that goal is ticked off.

Atmosphere, live, blah blah.

Watching it at home or with friends with cheap beer/food and no lines for anything is as good.

Honestly, you only need to go to an origin match one or twice in your life and that goal is ticked off.

Atmosphere, live, blah blah.

Watching it at home or with friends with cheap beer/food and no lines for anything is as good.

Totally disagree. Nothing comes close to being at the game, especially in a close one

The trick is to go to the games in Sydney or Melbourne. I went with a few mates to the last Melbourne game and we stayed down there for a few nights. It was a great boys trip.

Totally disagree. Nothing comes close to being at the game, especially in a close one
While I like watching it live and the atmosphere is much better than at home, I'm not prepared to say it's worth the 200 dollars or whatever it is they're charging.

Comes a point where the cost vs benefit ratio comes into play, if you are happy to spend 200 to go, more power to you.

While I like watching it live and the atmosphere is much better than at home, I'm not prepared to say it's worth the 200 dollars or whatever it is they're charging.

Comes a point where the cost vs benefit ratio comes into play, if you are happy to spend 200 to go, more power to you.
I agree with you, but I disagree with your last post of saying it's only something you need to experience once or twice. I'd experience it every weekend if I could, but they've priced me out of it at this stage.

It's probably me, but I'm just not quite as passionate as I used to be say like, 5 years ago.

I had an ST from 2006-2012, went to tests, gf's, origins inbetween that period.

Nowadays I'm a bit eh about it all. The game doesn't grab me as much as it used to - I still watch the broncos and origin religiously ( I had to stream the first two games last year on my phone in brazil lol), but the desire to be apart of it isn't as great.

Maybe that's why I'm of the opinion that you don't need to go multiple years running. Then again I probably got jaded through the gouging of people not only through tickets, but food/drinks and the general fun nazi's around the stadium.

It's probably me, but I'm just not quite as passionate as I used to be say like, 5 years ago.

I had an ST from 2006-2012, went to tests, gf's, origins inbetween that period.

Nowadays I'm a bit eh about it all. The game doesn't grab me as much as it used to - I still watch the broncos and origin religiously ( I had to stream the first two games last year on my phone in brazil lol), but the desire to be apart of it isn't as great.

Maybe that's why I'm of the opinion that you don't need to go multiple years running. Then again I probably got jaded through the gouging of people not only through tickets, but food/drinks and the general fun nazi's around the stadium.

I'm getting that way myself, and especially so about the Broncos with their non-stop Friday night games.

Completely alienates my wife and 2 young kids from coming to games.

So this will probably be my last year until the eldest can make it to the games with me. TBH, I'd probably wait till late primary school (10-11 before I'd be happy for him to be out there with the drunken hordes on a Friday night).

In the earlier years I had an ST, there were quite a few Sunday arvo games.

I loved 'em.

I can totally understand the desire to have more Sunday games, especially coming into the winter there's nothing better than a cool breeze with the sun out watching the game (and then covering your eyes because the eastern stand offers no protection when the sun begins to go down)

In the earlier years I had an ST, there were quite a few Sunday arvo games.

I loved 'em.

I can totally understand the desire to have more Sunday games, especially coming into the winter there's nothing better than a cool breeze with the sun out watching the game (and then covering your eyes because the eastern stand offers no protection when the sun begins to go down)

Mid nineties, I am sure that the Broncos used to play most games on a Sunday afternoon out at QEII, with the delayed forecast with Chris Bombalas.

Friday night footy was a treat, only when the Broncos played a big fixture in Sydney.

Perhaps it was Suncorp Stadium (2003?) that started the rot (thought even then I remember going to the first home game versus Newcastle on a Sunday arvo.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.