Just when you thought the QRL couldn't get any worse....

Bought my ticketeks today for 150 bucks a pop
Above the corporate boxes on the halfway line
what the **** is up with ticket charging you a processing fee now. fucking grubs get you at every turn these days

Bought my ticketeks today for 150 bucks a pop
Above the corporate boxes on the halfway line
what the **** is up with ticket charging you a processing fee now. fucking grubs get you at every turn these days

Pretty sure they're bringing in laws to stop that sort of shit.

also, for those who are still to buy the tickets, nrl has their early offer on sale today on ticketek. password is nrl. beats lining up tomorrow to get less than 10k tickets remaning

Pretty sure they're bringing in laws to stop that sort of shit.

Dunno about that. Seems like a legitimate fee for additional service situation.

It pisses me off no end too - $4.50 per ticket for online, versus nothing if you buy in store (is that still the case)... How does it cost more for tickettek to process online when conventional logic is online sales are much cheaper overhead than retail?

I suppose Tickettek would say, why should we take on the risk for a dud event underselling? That is, they still need the same resources and overheads whether they end up selling 45,000 tickets or 60,000 tickets on behalf of the vendor.

They could do everyone a favour and just hide it in the ticket price.

Dunno about that. Seems like a legitimate fee for additional service situation.

It pisses me off no end too - $4.50 per ticket for online, versus nothing if you buy in store (is that still the case)... How does it cost more for tickettek to process online when conventional logic is online sales are much cheaper overhead than retail?

I suppose Tickettek would say, why should we take on the risk for a dud event underselling? That is, they still need the same resources and overheads whether they end up selling 45,000 tickets or 60,000 tickets on behalf of the vendor.

They could do everyone a favour and just hide it in the ticket price.

Just did a quick search. It turns out they're trying to bring in laws that make them advertise all the fees so you don't click through to buy, then have the extra dumped on.

It turns out they are doing the same thing for the Sydney game ... they want to keep the ticket prices down to get people to attend the Melbourne game, so they gouge the rest of us that support this game all season ... DISGRACEFUL

THE NRL is facing State of Origin embarrassment with fears that games in Sydney and Brisbane won’t sell out due to a hike in ticket prices.The Daily Telegraph understands loyal Sydney and Brisbane Origin fans will be forced to pay astronomical prices to ensure ticket prices for the Melbourne match are kept affordable.
Blue-collar rugby league fans face being priced out of attending State of Origin I at ANZ Stadium on May 27 and game three at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium on July 8. Angry fans are labelling the NRL “greedy”.
A family of four pass for the Blatchy’s Blues section at ANZ Stadium will cost up to $555.63.
The NSW side deserves to play before a sellout crowd in Sydney after the heroics last year. But increased ticket sales may now halt what has in recent years become a formality — an 83,000 crowd at ANZ Stadium. Some ticket prices have jumped up to 15 per cent on last year.
Ticket prices for the Melbourne Cricket Ground game on June 17 are cheaper, with seats for kids starting at $20.
The NRL is aware AFL-mad fans won’t pay top-dollar to watch rugby league. That means the NRL is gouging fans in league heartlands of NSW and Queensland to try to ensure Melbourne is a success and the governing body doesn’t lose out financially.

What about this:
* A family pass for Sydney — two adults and two kids — ranges from $203.90 to $489.36;
* A single adult entry, including booking fee, into ANZ Stadium ranges from $71.36 to $280.36;
* Gold seats last year were $155, this year they will be $168.22;
* A family gold pass last year was $465, now it’s $489.36;
* Ticket prices into Blatchy’s Blues — which the NSWRL bought last October — are staggering. Last year’s minimum price was $70. An adult ticket will now cost between $96.85 and $249.78, a child between $81.56 to $163.12 and a family pass between $254.88 and $555.63; and;
* A junior, aged between four to 15, is facing a ticket price of between $56.07 to $137.63 for the Sydney match.

It’s in stark contrast to an NRL promotion released on Monday that’s offering $50 family passes for up to six people to watch the grand final rematch between South Sydney and Canterbury on Good Friday.
In Brisbane, Origin ticket prices are even worse.
Maroon Zone Tickets for adults cost $173.32 while a child is $142.73.
To sit in Blatchy’s Blues at Suncorp Stadium will cost $147.83. Maroon membership packages range from $260 to $425 for a single game. Membership package costs have increased 15 per cent on 2014.
Brisbane isn’t even offering a reduced family pass.
There is now some chance all three games will fail to sell out. Suncorp Stadium didn’t sell out last year. Having empty seats at the game’s blue-chip event would be a horrible look for the game. State of Origin is a premium event but ticket prices, fans say, are out of whack with the average NRL supporter.

Hornsby Heights league fan Michael O’Rourke said: “I think it’s the NRL being greedy. I would love to take my league-mad kids to State of Origin but there’s no way I could afford to pay those type of prices.”
And Glenn Russell said: “It sounds like it’s being pitched at the corporate market rather than the true fan. I can’t justify that sort of outlay for one game of footy.”
An NRL spokesman said most tickets for the Sydney State of Origin match had risen by $5 to $10 on last year. The spokesman said family tickets would range from $200.
“In other words, a family of four can attend one of the biggest sporting events of the year for $50 per person,” the spokesman said. “Juniors can buy single tickets from $55 and adults from $70. Naturally, for an event like this there are tickets aimed at every section of the market — from families through to fanatical supporters and corporates.
“State of Origin is the biggest sporting brand in Australia and is priced similar to other premium events. Tickets to the final of the cricket World Cup, for instance, ranged from $60 to $400.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...fail-to-sell-out/story-fnp0lyn6-1227285193372

It turns out they are doing the same thing for the Sydney game ... they want to keep the ticket prices down to get people to attend the Melbourne game, so they gouge the rest of us that support this game all season ... DISGRACEFUL

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...fail-to-sell-out/story-fnp0lyn6-1227285193372
The reason the game is being played in Melbourne is because the Victorian Government are paying the NRL millions for it, the NRL don't need to compensate for lower prices at the MCG, the Victorian Government already have.

Bought 2 tickets to Game 3 for $48 each because I'm a Telstra customer and they are offering 20% off.

It's up the very top but it's still a good deal considering it's an Origin game. Only paid about $15 more than what you would pay for a Broncos game in the same seats.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Aldo
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.