NEWS Kahu set to return to Broncos after short stint at Cowboys

Whoever allowed this to happen genuinely needs to be fired. If it was Seibold, he needs to have all negotiation privileges revoked. This is one of the biggest **** ups in recent memory by our club. I would sooner have Boyd & McCullough stick around for another year than bring back someone to the club who is LITERALLY only coming back for a pay day. He knows he's not going to play a game for us, we told him that last year. This shit **** couldn't play well enough to find a deal anywhere else in the NRL, so now he's cashing in for $400K just to stick it to us? **** off, you're bad. This could potentially cost us Croft or Fifita (We'll need money in 2020 to upgrade Fifita's current contract, so this $400K loss is enormous)

King Bennett doesn't deserve any of the blame for OKing Kahu's 3 year contract when he wasn't even worthy of a FG spot at the time?

EDIT: can we leave him out of the top 30 or does he have to be there?

Last edited:
Oh well, posters were complaining there was no signing news. Be careful what you wish for. I'll also bet the club does their best to spin this into a major coup.
"Despite the hefty price tag, the Broncos are happy to have Kahu back around the camp given his influence on some of the young players. It's still unclear whether Kahu will be part of coach Anthony Seibold's first-choice team come round one against the Cowboys."

The spin has already started. 400k to be "around camp".

Deadset, **** off White. This is yet another absolutely disgraceful recruitment choice.
I can't recall a worse recruitment decision in the last decade. Who the **** is Kahu to get that sort of a clause? We let him go so he could get some first grade elsewhere and boost his chances of finding a longer contract by being nice guys and he comes back to bite us in the ass.

Absolutely livid. And White signed on for one more year only recently. All of these monumental fuckups and NOBODY is being held accountable.

King Bennett doesn't deserve any of the blame for OKing Kahu's 3 year contract when he wasn't even worthy of a FG spot at the time?
Of course he does. Another really, really shitty contract handed out under his tenure. But I'll still bet some people try to blame Louise.

EDIT: can we leave him out of the top 30 or does he have to be there?
No, do you seriously think Bennett sits there and works out $ figures, contract clauses, retention bonuses, release terms and years? As fucking if, no coach would.

The coach's hand in recruitment would more or less be yeah let's keep him or sack him. Kahu wasn't a bad recruitment decision in itself, it's the insane clauses the geniuses in our legal team have been coming up with.

He has to be in our top 30 on his stupid wage.

Last edited:
What the actual ****. This is ridiculous. Why did they announce he was released. This clearly wasn't a release. Fucking idiots. **** this club is run by fucking numpties.

Wtf.
Honestly, what A. Fucking. Disgrace.
Absolute laughing stock of the league, we are.
How on earth have we let a player go and represent another club, yet have a clause to allow him to walk straight back in if he can’t hack it in a team that can’t make the 8.
Honestly someone needs to go over this.
Absolute joke.

Cowboys wanted to keep him, he didn't want to stay there.
tThcqhh.gif

Of course he does. Another really, really shitty contract handed out under his tenure. But I'll still bet some people try to blame Louise.

Yep, it is her fault. And Bennett, and White, and Nolan, and Lockyer and Seibold as well to a point. You must be a complete idiot to think it's just one person at any club in the NRL. I don't get how anyone can be so ignorant to the process really unless it's all about the anti Bennett agenda.

If this wasn't a **** up at all and this is Seibold bringing Kahu back as some sort of extra Fullback option, the bloke is a bigger hack than Griffin and needs to go.

I swear the past 5 years have been some sort of cosmic joke on us.

Cowboys wanted to keep him, he didn't want to stay there.

Wot. What's the point of coming back from his POV? He knows for certain that he'll get no game time. If I was Seibold I'd tell him he's not welcome at training.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Spoon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • The Don
  • Jazza
  • broncs30
  • Santa
  • ezpz
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • BooKhaki
  • levikaden
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.