NEWS Karl Morris: Seibold is absolutely safe

yes he is. no one pays out three and a half years of contract in this code.

He isnt safe. We dont have to pay him all of his contract if he doesnt perform. This smacks to me of what they call the dreaded vote of confidence from chairmen of football clubs in the UK.

Salary cap also lowers probably due to the change in revenue. I wouldn’t be holding onto this pipe dream of Boyd’s salary making a difference. We will still have Bird and Milf and the Boyd $ will probably go to FiFi.
Apparently salary cap isn't changing

We lose Kahu and Boyd minimum... and hopefully Macca.

Whilst needing to re-sign Fifi, Herbie and Niu.

Niu replaces one if them in the top 30, whilst Herbie probably gets a bit of an upgrade... probably not huge though.

Fifi was a talent before hitting first grade so we probably need to find $400-500k for his upgrade.

Boyd $600, Macca $400, Kahu $300 (total of $1.3M)
Herbie $250, Niu $150, Fifi $750 (total of $1.15M)

Then need 2 more minimum wage contracts $230k... so it's pretty close even with those numbers... unless Herbie or Niu go for bigger contracts, but I'm not sure Niu gets a huge upgrade at this stage and Herbie probably doesn't go beyond $300 just yet.

The salary cap opens up after 2021 as well so potentially players jump on for 12 months and then look to re-sign longer when cap situation opens up

Last edited:
Not sure mate. Maybe one and a bit when contract were 3 years max. They were the days. On that note, I thought of those shit times today. Remember hook got the arse on the back of that Cronulla loss when we were run down from 24 nil? What we’d give for a 24 nil lead now. Shows how standards have slipped from admin down when he got shafted for less than what’s unfolding now.
I could get shouted down but we could do worse than him now in the lifecycle of this team. He had his faults but did improve young players under his watch.
[automerge]1592565269[/automerge]

apologies mate reply is above

Didn’t Griffin do wonders with the 20’s and the younger guys?

Considering we are practically wheeling out an under 20’s side, he would be in his absolute element right about now if he was still at the club

Well if there are any I doubt he’s meeting them at the moment.

Morris & White: “Seibs, your position is under immediate threat as the performance of the team is unacceptable. We are currently 3rd last and only above the Bulldogs and Titans with the 2nd worse PD in the comp. Explain why you should still have a job?”

Seibs: “We are only 2 points out of the Top 8 and that’s with having played 4 top teams in the last month”

Morris & White: “This man has a way with words! No wonder we picked you for the job in the first place. Please accept our apology and here is a 4 year extension”

Active Now

• Bish
  • Organix
  • lynx000
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.