Kayo Sports

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
You calling me a liar??? ME???

Nah honestly I haven't tried it much but to be specific I have a Chromecast Ultra and every 10-15 minutes the Chromecast would freeze totally and I'd have to power cycle it. I don't use Chromecast for anything else and after 2 days of frustration I just went HDMI from my computer to the TV and play it that way. That was back in March/April, never tried again since.

They said they were going to have an Xbox app "Early 2019!" and I've emailed them about 5 times and get a generic response back. Once they make an Xbox app kimlo will be a happy camper.
I know this is pretty late to the party, but it sounds like whatever USB you had the Chromecast plugged into was power cycling every hour and screwing the connection. You might wanna look into a way to turn that off in your TVs settings but honestly, there are better ways to stream Kayo to your TV.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I know this is pretty late to the party, but it sounds like whatever USB you had the Chromecast plugged into was power cycling every hour and screwing the connection. You might wanna look into a way to turn that off in your TVs settings but honestly, there are better ways to stream Kayo to your TV.
There was a lot of app specific Chromecast fixes in the last few months I noticed which may have fixed it, but in any case, I won't be touching Kayo again until round 1. Who knows, maybe they'll have the Xbox app actually ready by then since they initially said "early 2019" lol.

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Digging this puppy up here, but didn't wanna make a new thread.

How is everyone finding Kayo? I'm thinking of signing up to watch the 9's primarily, but it'll be good so I don't miss a Broncos game all year, plus other sports like the NBA would be nice to follow too.

Worth signing up?

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba

How is everyone finding Kayo? I'm thinking of signing up to watch the 9's primarily, but it'll be good so I don't miss a Broncos game all year, plus other sports like the NBA would be nice to follow too.

Worth signing up?
Definitely. Have a look around for signup deals. I scored 3 months free last year through Ladbrokes I think. I don’t even punt.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around

Worth signing up?
I love it! Watch it most days.

Brett

State of Origin Rep
I'm gonna sign up this week and get the 14 day free trail so I can watch the 9's. So pumped!

Blindside

BRL Player
Haha, this is like people have just found out about 🔥, but yes better then signing up to Foxtel. Why doesn't Australia have multiple cable/satellite TV services?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I remember my parents having Galaxy TV when I was a little kid. We didn’t have it long once Foxtel became available. It wasn’t that good especially compared to Foxtel.

john1420

NRL Player
Although it may have changed over time, Galaxy and Foxtel were not competitors in the time I was a Galaxy subscriber. Back in the day, Foxtel is what you had if you had a cable connection available but if you didn't, you could get Galaxy which was delivered via satellite. By and large, it was the same content though. Then Galaxy went broke, and Foxtel bought the infrastructure so they could then deliver the product. In a wonderful 3 months or so, Fox bought the stuff but didn't put the controls on it, so former Galaxy subscribers were getting Foxtel for free via satellite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter