Keep THE PARTY on Surfer's going

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
The Party Nightclub is the Gold Coast's leading alternative rock music nightclub. It is dedicated to local and international alternative music that caters for all genres, styles and tastes, 9pm till late every Friday and Saturday night.

Recently their has been talk of Cocktails and Dreams being extended to takeover the lower floor, where The Party currently is.

The Party is the only place in Surfers that caters to the alternative music scene and if it is replaced with another run-of-the-mill dance / R & B club there will be nowhere left for fans of metal, punk and rock to go.

We want your support. If you love The Party, or even if you just love alternative music, add us, and spread the word.

http://www.myspace.com/keep_the_party_going

Or join the cause on facebook

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/view_cause/66803?m=4463006&recruiter_id=5171659

If you want to help even more, sign the petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keepthepartygoing/

KEEP THE PARTY GOING!

NOTE: This is not spam, im running the sites / petitions.

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Oakland, California
ive been going there almost every weekend for about 6 years, i love this place haha. But there has been rumours of it closing down before i even turned 18, so i dont think they will close it, despite this, i love the party and if theres a slight chance it might be shut down, im willing to fight! Even tho the party sucks balls now compared to its heyday 2001-2003, its still the only place in surfers that i can remotely stand anymore. so yeah everyone sign this, even if you never go to the party, because if you dont, i just wont go out anymore and ill be on here all the time and ill spam the board lol

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
pennywisealfie said:
ive been going there almost every weekend for about 6 years, i love this place haha. But there has been rumours of it closing down before i even turned 18, so i dont think they will close it, despite this, i love the party and if theres a slight chance it might be shut down, im willing to fight! Even tho the party sucks balls now compared to its heyday 2001-2003, its still the only place in surfers that i can remotely stand anymore. so yeah everyone sign this, even if you never go to the party, because if you dont, i just wont go out anymore and ill be on here all the time and ill spam the board lol
Great to hear some support! I agree the best days were 2001 - 2003, I was there every saturday for years back then. I do think that it is getting back to where it was though. It went through a "ripcurl" and "billabong" phase where they had advertising and played softer, shittier music, but now they are back to playing slayer, metallica, disturbed etc. I love the place.

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Oakland, California
yeah, good for some lol. i dont mind slayer and pantera but not much into other metal, its either Metal, Hardcore or emo. no in between, no more punk rock like the old days. for a while there, punk rock was the main music being played and that was awesome, i still go coz metal is better than dance, but still, id like to see more punk rock played

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter