Kennedy signs with Roosters

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
I saw on FB earlier that BHQ posted that Kennedy has stated he won't be at the Broncos in 2015, any further details on this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2014

I saw on FB earlier that BHQ posted that Kennedy has stated he won't be at the Broncos in 2015, any further details on this?

a rumour has surfaced that the Storm are interested in him to replace Norrie (i think, who has retired). I actually hope he stays at this stage, especially as i don't want us carrying a large portion of his salary on our cap for the next 2 years, and i doubt that the Storm will pay him 400k a year

If the Storm take his entire contract and pay us a release fee, then I'm down. More money under the cap for us, we'll have a fair chunk for free agent props in 2016/17 at this rate.

8. McGuire
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Gavet
15. Garbutt
16. Ofahengaue
17. Oates

Something like that would be suitable for next season, if we can offload Kennedy.

a rumour has surfaced that the Storm are interested in him to replace Norrie (i think, who has retired). I actually hope he stays at this stage, especially as i don't want us carrying a large portion of his salary on our cap for the next 2 years, and i doubt that the Storm will pay him 400k a year
I sure hope we're not partially offloading contracts to make room for Boyd. That would seem like selling overpriced cuts of meat at a loss to buy some meat that's been out of the fridge for a week

It came from Triple M, but Kennedy himself has said he definitely won't be a Bronco next year, so it's not anonymous whispers. Storm are the likely suitor (meaning we'd be paying part of his contract), but up to 4 other clubs interested.

If the Storm take his entire contract and pay us a release fee, then I'm down. More money under the cap for us, we'll have a fair chunk for free agent props in 2016/17 at this rate.

8. McGuire
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Gavet
15. Garbutt
16. Ofahengaue
17. Oates

Something like that would be suitable for next season, if we can offload Kennedy.

You're kidding right?

Did you not watch this year?

You can't beat the better sides with a tiny pack of forwards. We got stood over and man handled with the 8 - 13 you've named.

We need Kennedy's size. Bennett just has to get him firing.

You want salary cap space? Piss off Hoffman, Glenn and Gillett. All overpaid and under talented.

You're kidding right?

Did you not watch this year?

I watched this year, we finished 8th with a shit Coach, Fullback, Five-Eighth & Bench. All of which have been drastically improved for next year in my mind, small forward pack or not, we're gonna win some games.

It came from Triple M, but Kennedy himself has said he definitely won't be a Bronco next year, so it's not anonymous whispers. Storm are the likely suitor (meaning we'd be paying part of his contract), but up to 4 other clubs interested.

Where has Kennedy himself said he definitely won't be a Bronco? Can't find it anywhere.

Re: [RUMOUR] Kennedy leaving the Broncos

i'd like to know when he said this.

pretty disappointing if so. barba and kennedy out? two players with a hell of a lot to offer and just need the right coach who backs them. i guess that isnt bennett if he doesnt want them..

Even though both are on huge overs, losing both Hannant and Kennedy would hurt.

I watched this year, we finished 8th with a **** Coach, Fullback, Five-Eighth & Bench. All of which have been drastically improved for next year in my mind, small forward pack or not, we're gonna win some games.

Does matter how good your backs are when your forwards can't hold the middle.

It's the silly season... :rolleyes:

Where is it that Kennedy has said he won't be at the Broncos???

According to Morkel he said it while talking to Triple M, so straight from his own mouth. I'm surprised the media outlets haven't run a story on it.

It's odd there is like no mention of this anywhere. FTR not doubting Morkel at all just really thought this would be something the media would run with

It's odd there is like no mention of this anywhere. FTR not doubting Morkel at all just really thought this would be something the media would run with

No, not doubting our good buddy Morkel at all ..... but i agree, something should've been reported in the print media if this was indeed true.

Surely Bennett must have someone lined up if he lets Hannant and Kennedy go, maybe Merrin?

If not Hannant will be spewing, if Kennedy does go we would of had enough to keep him you would think

I wouldn't be surprised. Bennet has previously stated how small a wage props should earn and Kennedy us on massive overs. I just hope he has some talent lined up to replace our dimishing prop stocks.

Going to be a very interesting off season.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rah88
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Yem
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Wendall Taylor
  • kman
  • pennywisealfie
  • HVbronco
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
... and 75 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.