Kenny And White In Test Jersey Race

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
BRONCOS prop Nick Kenny could book a flight to England with Australia's Four Nations squad if he achieves his goal of getting on top of Melbourne rival Brett White on Saturday night.

Australian selector Des Morris yesterday revealed Kenny was in the frame for a Test call-up after he smashed St George Illawarra representative stars Justin Poore and Michael Weyman at Suncorp Stadium last Saturday night.

Morris said Kangaroos coach Tim Sheens was concerned about the front row situation with Steve Price unavailable through injury and fellow Queenslander Petero Civoniceva in doubt with a foot problem.

"I couldn't fault Nick's game and while State of Origin will be taken into account when we look to the Four Nations - form in the finals will mean a lot," Morris said.

"I think Nick's return from injury coincided with the Broncos return to the winners' circle, so that says a lot about his impact."

Story courtesy of http://www.couriemail.com.au.

Don't think it's been posted anywhere. Personally, I don't think he should be picked for Australia (but he still definitely deserves it more than someone like Josh Perry for example), but damn I'd be happy to see him actually do it.

I wouldn't take either of them at this stage. He'll play rep one day for sure but not yet I feel.

Brett White fark off he is garbage... We will really be scraping the bottom of the barrell if White is picked.

I would be thrilled if Nick Kenny landed a test jersey.

It also wouldn't surprise me if Dave Taylor made it into the squad, the selectors have a habit of making selections like that.

White is shithouse I would give test jerseys to Kenny, Taylor, Poore and his pig vomit front row partner, shillington, hannant and scott over him any day.

If it comes down to a choice between White and Kenny, you'd have to take Kenny.

I don't think he is ready for it yet but would be more than happy for him, seems like a great bloke.

I would take Joel Clinton over White that's how much of a cat he is!

White's a cream puff, Kenny will put him in his place.

Hope Kenny pwns White. I'd be happy if Kenny gets to play for Australia because he's been a machine for us. Plus, it'd boost his confidence.

I hope he doesn't this early in his professional career.

one things for sure, Hannant will be there :(

Kenny has been one of our best players, not just forwards, all year. i thought he shouldve been picked for the origin, and he definitely deserves a test jersey.

Kenny has been in outstanding form. White is one of the most softest, overrated forwards going around. I still can't understand how he continues to get picked.

Taylor should be looked at too.

I think White will have the inside running after Saturday night, unfortunately. Grand Finalists always tend to do better in selection at these end of season tours.

I hope the likes of Kenny never get a rep call up, it cost us too much oney and wrecks the club by driving us into a slump. If he wasn't a bronco he wouldn't even be being discussed and this same atitude has had our players called up for years when they don't deserve it. For the sake of the club DO NOT PICK HIM!!!

please :)

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.