Kenny And White In Test Jersey Race

Coxy said:
I think White will have the inside running after Saturday night, unfortunately. Grand Finalists always tend to do better in selection at these end of season tours.

Regards, David Williams and Josh Perry.

haha, Villa the gorilla. Talk about a Brad Myers esque fall front grace. Wasn't bad for a flying shoulder charge however.

king_johns said:
at least kenny is in the train on squad

Yeah - as he has signed on until 2012, we don't have to worry about his contract having to be increased for some time yet, and by that stage, he will have either cemented himself as worthwhile prop that we would be prepared to pay more for, or not, and we won't have to worry about it

As such, Kenny being in the training side will only be positive for him, with his confidence to be on the rise

Not necessarily ddd. There's very likely clauses in Kenny's contract with incentives if he plays rep footy.

Coxy said:
Not necessarily ddd. There's very likely clauses in Kenny's contract with incentives if he plays rep footy.
Does being picked in the squad but not actually playing count?

Probably not. I'm saying that just because he's extended his contract for 3 years doesn't mean we'll be paying him what we are in 2010 in 2012...he could well play Origin or Test footy by then in which case his cash will go up.

If he shows the form from the last handful of games next year prior to the origin squad getting picked you would have to think he is a real chance of getting picked

Coxy said:

However, one would hope that if that is the situation, he won't have the club as by the short and curlies as if he was going to be re-negotiating next week

True, but the Broncos will have to consider the prospect of Kenny making the step up to rep honours next year while negotiating with players for 2011.

Coxy said:
True, but the Broncos will have to consider the prospect of Kenny making the step up to rep honours next year while negotiating with players for 2011.

He could also fail though, choke at rep level or simply be behind some better players, such that it wouldn't really impact on his salary - though I suppose past test honours are Joel Clinton's claim to fame [icon_shru

Well no, I imagine the bonuses are pretty rock solid based on selection and playing in rep teams, not based on actual performance in said rep teams.

ddd said:
Coxy said:

He could also fail though, choke at rep level or simply be behind some better players, such that it wouldn't really impact on his salary - though I suppose past test honours are Joel Clinton's claim to fame [icon_shru

Negative.

Rep bonuses are bonuses for making the team, not how you play in the rep games.

Coxy said:
Well no, I imagine the bonuses are pretty rock solid based on selection and playing in rep teams, not based on actual performance in said rep teams.
Absolutely, you can't pay according to "performance" in particular games that would be stupid.
I am fairly sure the payments for Origin are $12,500 for a win and $5,000 for a loss(could be wrong) and these get added to the salary cap of the club to which the player belongs too. Then many players are on performance based contracts and get $X for making X FG games or a rep game and this gets added to the salary cap(obviously) along with standard rep payments they would get anyway.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Brotherdu
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Midean
  • Mustafur
  • RodF
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 43 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.