Kerrod Walters

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I was thinking the other day, considering our dummy half "crisis".......we don't talk enough about Kerrod Walters.

I know what you're thinking......"get off the piss Fourex!! you're drunk !! There's no way Kerrod is coming out of retirement ...jesus wtf is wrong with you, he's 55ys old FFS....!! "

Well of course I'm not suggesting that.....
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

The way Kerrod played......he'd put Harry Grant to shame. He's the kind of dummy half, today's dummy halfs try to be.

You'd think he'd be helping his brother (and his nephew tbh) .......by imparting on them, what worked for him? I thought he was also great mates with Alf. (?)

Is Kerrod in our inner sanctum..... in any way, shape or form? I know he's had a heart attack .... ~10yrs ago.

Still.......we don't mention his name very often.

I was thinking the other day, considering our dummy half "crisis".......we don't talk enough about Kerrod Walters.

I know what you're thinking......"get off the piss Fourex!! you're drunk !! There's no way Kerrod is coming out of retirement ...jesus wtf is wrong with you, he's 55ys old FFS....!! "

The way Kerrod played......he'd put Harry Grant to shame. He's the kind of dummy half, today's dummy halfs try to be.

You'd think he'd be helping his brother (and his nephew tbh) .......by imparting on them, what worked for him? I thought he was also great mates with Alf. (?)

Is Kerrod in our inner sanctum..... in any way, shape or form? I know he's had a heart attack .... ~10yrs ago.

Are you trying to tell us we should put any offspring he has into our top 30?

A bit before my time, only remember a little bit of him playing, but from my perspective Berrigan still is number 1 his input won us 2006 it's hard to deny that.

He was certainly the second best hooker in his family.

A bit before my time, only remember a little bit of him playing, but from my perspective Berrigan still is number 1 his input won us 2006 it's hard to deny that.
Kerrod was not as good as Steve overall but would suit there modern game. His pace probably not up there with modern hooker's. He be was fast enough for his time. Kerrod was a big part of our premiership early on. Our best hooker overall in my view.

Kerrod was not as good as Steve overall but would suit there modern game. His pace probably not up there with modern hooker's. He be was fast enough for his time. Kerrod was a big part of our premiership early on. Our best hooker overall in my view.

Steve was more of the old school hooker....like a Max Krillich or Greg Conescu. Nothing fancy.....competed fiercely at all times and did the hard yards. More valuable in the era of when winning scrums could be decided by how good/crafty your hooker was.

I personally think Kerrod has been the Broncos best hooker.

It should never be overlooked that Kerrod had maybe the greatest climb up the ladder in Broncos' history.

Started 89 in Reserve grade behind Turtle and 14 run on games is playing Origin. He was the best hooker in the game 89-91. Turtle never plays for Queensland or Australia again and plays off the bench for the Broncos in 89 and plays five more run on games for the Broncos.

Along with Elias, Kerrod was completely different to every other hooker.

I loved Kerrie but thought priddis was our best hooker….
I was a big fan of Berrigan at 14, and and occasionally 9, but I guess he wasn't a "hooker" per se.

Broncos had a couple of other quality hookers in the early to mid 2000's that were very injury prone.

One is Barry Berrigan, Shauns older brother, played about 30 odd games for the Broncos, other was Michael Ryan, played about 20 games for the Broncos, both were very solid players but very injury prone.

Broncos had a couple of other quality hookers in the early to mid 2000's that were very injury prone.

One is Barry Berrigan, Shauns older brother, played about 30 odd games for the Broncos, other was Michael Ryan, played about 20 games for the Broncos, both were very solid players but very injury prone.
Bloody hell, where have you been hiding mate?! Welcome back!

I'd rank them this way:
1. Luke Priddis
2. Kerrod Walters
3. Shaun Berrigan
4. Michael Ennis
5. Ben Hunt
I would agree from an overall, but S Berrigans peak(for us atleast)is 1st, but the fact he wasn't a middle defending Hooker you have to take away from his overall ability for that.

The Centre/Hooker combo is a weird one to this day.

Bloody hell, where have you been hiding mate?! Welcome back!
Thanks mate, appreciate it, not been so flash last 18 months, working my way back so hopefully make some more posts going forward, I have been lurking occasionally and reading up on some posts, Kev & Billy have taken a fair shellacking hey!

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • unnerv1ng
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.