• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2021–2022 Brisbane Broncos
Played 47
Won 20
Drew 0
Lost 27
Win rate 43%

The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for Kev.

Played 47
Won 20
Drew 0
Lost 27
Win rate 43%

And producing the worst collapse in NRL history.. And the first team since the Raiders in '99 to miss the finals with a positive win/loss record.

Played 47
Won 20
Drew 0
Lost 27
Win rate 43%

It's sort of a positive for Kev to get a 43% win rate with the shit show he inherited. I'd say though, Kev gets a chunk of next year to prove himself or it's goodbye.

Kevvie being coach or not, new assistants or not... it doesnt really matter in the end so who cares

There's an issue with the playing group and that needs to be sorted out otherwise it doesnt matter who you chuck in the press conference after a game.

The playing group didnt want to play for a smart coach, they dont want to play for an emotive man manager and in 2018 they stopped playing for Wayne... even in 2017 they got dumped out 30-0 to the storm.

Who is this miraculous deity of a coach that these players will suddenly start turning up to play for... and why doesnt this miracle coach already have a job somewhere else.

Until we get some professionalism instilled into this playing group they're going nowhere.... "training is too hard", "coach is yelling at us", "NSW dropped me".

They're a weak minded playing group that drops the second it gets tough

I’m not fully convinced it’s merely about a weak minded playing group, or players not wanting to put in. I accept it can definitely be an issue. But I also think that it’s just a sentiment we hear a lot, but is mostly a misnomer.

I think back in the day it was a more relevant point, when the technicalities of the game weren’t so much in the spotlight. Also in Origin, where the class of teams are so similar, it often does comes down to who want sit more.
But now. I think there is just a big gap in some of the coaching techniques, and skill reinforcement of different teams, for a game that is becoming so nuanced in how it’s officiated.

I do think teams can still dig in and put in a real physical and mentally effective performance against the odds. Case in point is a few Tigers performances this year. But that won’t carry a team through a whole season when there are other technical deficiencies. So with the disparity of elite coaching structures (and players), and with the tempo of game we now have, I don’t think the difference comes down attitude and grit anymore.

And as a team, I think the Bronc’s just got found wanting. I don’t believe the boys come to a game just not wanting to have a go. I think there is likely a deep lack of confidence that what they have to offer is just not up to scratch. I might be off the mark but that’s how I see it at the moment.

It's sort of a positive for Kev to get a 43% win rate with the shit show he inherited. I'd say though, Kev gets a chunk of next year to prove himself or it's goodbye.
How long do you give him? If we start the season with 0-4, is he goners?

I'm still clinging to the Kevvie train, giving him the benefit of the doubt. But here's what will make me jump off:

1. We look shit in the trials. Like we did at the start of this season. I keep hearing the trials are meaningless, but they're actually not. If you look shit in them, it's not a trick of the light, you are shit.​
2. What becomes of Billy Walters is my litmus test for where we are on the sliding scale of shit:​
a.) If Billy is trialled at 6 or 7 again, I'm out.​
b.) If the answer to why is Billy in our 17 anything other than because of injury, I'm out.​
c.) And if the answer is because he's the best option, I'm not just out but death riding Kevvie until he's gone.​

benefit of the doubt.
Depends on what doubt you are giving him the benefit of.

Let me be clear, there is no doubt concerning him being found wanting as an NRL head coach.

The only doubt that exists is that concerning his ability to learn the ropes of quickly turning into an NRL head coach followed by being the head coach of the Brisbane Broncos.

I suspect the many stakeholders including not only the fans, players but also sponsors and shareholders won't want him to continue learning on the job given his effort so far.

I'm still clinging to the Kevvie train, giving him the benefit of the doubt. But here's what will make me jump off:

1. We look shit in the trials. Like we did at the start of this season. I keep hearing the trials are meaningless, but they're actually not. If you look shit in them, it's not a trick of the light, you are shit.​

Tigers beat the Roosters in their trial game.

Tigers beat the Roosters in their trial game.
The Knights also beat them round one.

But my opinion remains: if the Broncos look shit in the trials, the coach hasn't turned us around in the preseason.

This is the game that foreshadowed 2022:

The Knights also beat them round one.

This is the game that foreshadowed our season:

You said shit trial form you'll have a shit season- where did the Tigers and Roosters end up?

You said shit trial form you'll have a shit season- where did the Tigers and Roosters end up?
Actually I said if you look shit in the trials, you are shit, and I'll stand by that wrt to the Broncos.

NB. I'm talking about looking shit, not losing the match.

Are you going to argue if we look shit, we're not shit?

2. What becomes of Billy Walters is my litmus test for where we are on the sliding shit scale:​
b.) If the answer to why is Billy in our 17 anything other than because of injury, I'm out.​
c.) And if the answer is because he's the best option, I'm not just out but death riding Kevvie until he's gone.​
Sounds like the 2023 season has one upside......

we won't be reading your shit anymore.......👍

2. What becomes of Billy Walters is my litmus test for where we are on the sliding shit scale:​

Is there a threshold for number of times Herbie must pass per game?

I have had time to think this over.

Have decided Kevvie must go & piss off the other coaching staff, hire someone who hasn't worked, played etc at the Broncos

And piss off Haas. (I think he is a cancer at the club & is disrupting things)

No, because if you do that, the old boys choir will start singing "Wests Tigers".
This isn't about getting success, it's about an undeserving, entitled guy, and his hangers on milking it for all it's worth.
That's the question for Kev: explain what objective metrics will see you walk away without sending your henchmen in to scream unfair. I bet you will never get an answer.
This nightmare will just go on and on and on, and when time gets called the screaming will be loud.
The only thing guaranteed is he will have as much passion as he will lack the ability to be a competitive NRL coach. He should be a club ambassador, not the coach.

It’s F***** Sunday evening in the northern hemisphere with a Labor Day long weekend and it’s F***** disgusting/ filthy/grimy/terrible feeling that we’re not in the top 8.

Kevvie - you screwed up greatly with your shit team lists, bench use and lack of attacking structures mate. I still see you as a mad fan like many of us here BUT unless you swap your assistants with better & smart ones, I don’t see a great success in your current gig mate.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.