THE COACH Kevin Walters

As much as I love what Kev has done this year, he also needs to be careful.

Where was Palasia tonight? Kobe has a huge motor, why did he get so few minutes?

He's starting to - again - fall down the same hole Siebold fell, because Haas and Carrigan can play big minutes. Because they can, does not mean we have to play them big minutes. We gain the advantage when they can all stay on for the first half hour instead of 20mins. But we lose it if we fatigue them through ineffective bench usage.

This is my one complaint, Kev. This needs to be better.

Where was Palasia tonight? Kobe has a huge motor, why did he get so few minutes?

He's starting to - again - fall down the same hole Siebold fell, because Haas and Carrigan can play big minutes. Because they can, does not mean we have to play them big minutes. We gain the advantage when they can all stay on for the first half hour instead of 20mins. But we lose it if we fatigue them through ineffective bench usage.

I wish we would just play Kobe at 13 and rotate Payne, Flegler, Carrigan and Jensen at prop. We would look so much better for it.

I wish we would just play Kobe at 13 and rotate Payne, Flegler, Carrigan and Jensen at prop. We would look so much better for it.
I reckon our best side has kobe and Gamble rotating at lock with that prop rotation. The game has changed, lighter locks with footwork and/or ball playing locks are gold and we've got 2 of them. Carrigan cam do what he does from prop, flegler is immense off the bench

I reckon our best side has kobe and Gamble rotating at lock with that prop rotation. The game has changed, lighter locks with footwork and/or ball playing locks are gold and we've got 2 of them. Carrigan cam do what he does from prop, flegler is immense off the bench
Agreed. I don't think Carrigan is a lock, I love him but to me he's a prop and that's it (a very good one). Kobe is very good at 13, and I really like what I've seen from Gamble there in limited game time.

Haas/Flegler/Carrigan/Jensen is the best front row rotation in the game, no need to **** with that.

Reynolds going off meant Paix had to come on earlier , then Billy played 7 till Reynolds was cleared .
So Billy and Paix both on the field at the same time .
That was not in the game plan re bench rotation .

Reynolds going off meant Paix had to come on earlier , then Billy played 7 till Reynolds was cleared .
That was not in the game plan re bench rotation .
That’s irrelevant because it was a HIA and Kobe should’ve come on at that stage anyway. If anything it should’ve given him more freedom to use the bench well.

That’s irrelevant because it was a HIA and Kobe should’ve come on at that stage anyway. If anything it should’ve given him more freedom to use the bench well.

I meant Corey as in Corey Paix - didn’t meant to say Kobe.

My point being, I don’t see how Wlaters and Paix’s interchange impact the rest of forwards
Especially when it's a free interchange as well.

here is some information for the .... how do I put this relatively politely, ah yes, FOOLS, that are back on the sack Kev train (not sure they were truly ever off it, just went into hiding).

1. At the start of this season, most people (including many on BHQ) were tipping us to finish bottom 4 ... but the reality is that we've spent most of the season fighting our way into contention for the top 4.
  2. We've won more games in 2022 than we won in 2020 & 2021 combined .
  3. at this stage of the season we have 1 additional win and a better differential than we had at the same stage of our last premiership year (thanks @Santa for this info)
  4. we've still got a young squad and they're far from the finished product. young players tend to be inconsistent

p.s. Phil Gould was asked this week what a successful season looks like for us ... his response was that we've already achieved it

p.p.s if you sack coaches who turn around clubs like Kevvie has turned us around, the only coaches you'll end up with are the desperate coaches like Seibold, Brown or Barrett (although in our case we'd probably end up with Green first, before returning to rock bottom)

here is some information for the .... how do I put this relatively politely, ah yes, FOOLS, that are back on the sack Kev train (not sure they were truly ever off it, just went into hiding).

1. At the start of this season, most people (including many on BHQ) were tipping us to finish bottom 4 ... but the reality is that we've spent most of the season fighting our way into contention for the top 4.
  2. We've won more games in 2022 than we won in 2020 & 2021 combined .
  3. at this stage of the season we have 1 additional win and a better differential than we had at the same stage of our last premiership year (thanks @Santa for this info)
  4. we've still got a young squad and they're far from the finished product. young players tend to be inconsistent

p.s. Phil Gould was asked this week what a successful season looks like for us ... his response was that we've already achieved it

p.p.s if you sack coaches who turn around clubs like Kevvie has turned us around, the only coaches you'll end up with are the desperate coaches like Seibold, Brown or Barrett (although in our case we'd probably end up with Green first, before returning to rock bottom)
Anyone wanting Kev sacked now is a dummy. His cookie selections are fair game though.

Kev has been mega for us don't forget about that, this was the first week where I was genuinely confused at his selections that also resulted in a loss(the other time was when we first picked TMM at fullback having not known he can even play there but he was spot on).

How can one person **** our season in 2 games?
Just ask Kev…

gone from potential top 4 team to lucky to make the 8 due to his shithouse selections.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • eggstar10
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Waynesaurus
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.