THE COACH Kevin Walters

Yeah I have also switched off on anything Broncos related, it may well be true, but it's not the sort of issue that would cause an immediate, critical drop off in form like we witnessed. That sort of thing would normally be caused by a rift between the playing group / other players / coach etc. And this sort of stuff (coach / management side) is much easier to rectify and smooth over than a player/coach issue would be. So I'm not holding too much weight in all of this.

Also, remember we have our own in-house wannabe journo who is using every tiny incident to push the agenda that Walters' judgement is impaired, in order to push the supposed conflict with his obligations to his son, which I do not believe for a second.

Yeah I have also switched off on anything Broncos related, it may well be true, but it's not the sort of issue that would cause an immediate, critical drop off in form like we witnessed. That sort of thing would normally be caused by a rift between the playing group / other players / coach etc. And this sort of stuff (coach / management side) is much easier to rectify and smooth over than a player/coach issue would be. So I'm not holding too much weight in all of this.
It's the "Woman's Day" stage of the season so anything is going to be inferred to keep us gorging in the off season.

I look forward to the next 4 months of dissecting every move or non-move Walters did at every interval. Should be fascinating to read.

I look forward to the next 4 months of dissecting every move or non-move Walters did at every interval. Should be fascinating to read.
I hope those moves from Kev all turn to be positive & smart by a mile for the club & team rather than being petty, childish, dumb and stupid 🤞.

I recon Kev is playing a dangerous game with how his season ended getting Gordy to go after ikin not smart in my books
I highly doubt Kevie texted Gordie and asked him to "go after" Ikin. Gordie wasn't critical of him anyways. He just outlined what he perceives as Ikin's job description.

These are dangerous games though and dissension in the ranks is never healthy for a club. Someone's head could roll for this.

Big argument on NRL360 about this.

Kent: pretty much sits on the fence, claiming he's friends with Kevvie, Ikin and Tallis. does lean towards Ikin a bit. said there has been an acknowledgement between the two over the last few weeks that they do need each other, and they will begin working more closely together.

Hooper: backs Tallis strongly. says that the genesis of the beef is that Kevvie was frozen out of the decision to hire Ikin, DD went and had a round of golf with Ikin and told him the role would be this "overarching" General Manager of Football style role ... and From Ikin's side, he was "Frozen out" of decisions about Kevvie's contract.

Slothfield : slams DD, slams Tallis, has a dig at Kevvie. is a hypocrite saying you need to take mateship out of it, while slamming everyone but his mate (Ikin)

Being the biggest Rugby League club in a salary cap competition doesn't make us the best Rugby League club, unfortunately

Who's fault is that? The comp having a salary cap isn't stopping us from being the best club. Not having the right people is.

Man U are the biggest football club in the world and look at their form.
we're in a rebuild so you're going to have to deal with the shit that comes with it.

So your answer is to bring up a club that have the same expectations we have of our club, to be winning comps.

The whole rebuild term is what average coaches say to buy themselves time. A good coach doesn't rebuild.

It's been two years and our defence is still way off where it needs to be, our attack has improved but not enough to match it with the good teams when they're not struggling, we still don't have a quality hooker signed up despite some being available and the gap between our best and our worst is still way too far apart. We still don't have that hard edge that we need. We still have glaring issues that Kevvie should have picked up on '21 and fixed already. With a good coach that knows what they're doing, we would have seen significant improvement in those areas after a pre-season.

But hey, we had 6 more wins this year against struggling opposition.

We've been "in a rebuild" for years now. The excuses are running out.

So your answer is to bring up a club that have the same expectations we have of our club, to be winning comps.

The whole rebuild term is what average coaches say to buy themselves time. A good coach doesn't rebuild.

It's been two years and our defence is still way off where it needs to be, our attack has improved but not enough to match it with the good teams when they're not struggling, we still don't have a quality hooker signed up despite some being available and the gap between our best and our worst is still way too far apart. We still don't have that hard edge that we need. We still have glaring issues that Kevvie should have picked up on '21 and fixed already. With a good coach that knows what they're doing, we would have seen significant improvement in those areas after a pre-season.

I don’t think we should be considered a rebuild team. We have a very talented squad.

Of our starting 17 last season we had:
8 current or previous origin players
2 kiwi current or previous rep players
1 English rep player

2 of the above are generational forwards and 1 is a top 3 halfback of the last decade.

Plenty of teams wishing they could build that team.

If you teach them to tackle and play together it’s a top 4 team. The only thing we are rebuilding is our coaching squad

its not an excuse we were a shit heap after Seibold, he tore everything down .. hence a rebuild of the Club. new Ceo , Coach , foodball department!

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dazza 92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • Gray
  • Dash
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • Redux
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.