THE COACH Kevin Walters

Love the Tax chat but back to Kevvie... I think he has done a great job on the team culture and Ikin and Donaghy a great job overall too. This was the biggest problem, which I think they have addressed well and results have also improved.The missing pieces for me are on the field.

For as long as I can remember, our line speed has been terrible and we don't win the wrestle. I see improvement in defensive attitude but we lag in the sophistication of our defensive structures. We also need a recently retired assistant that understands modern defensive systems and we should have actively sought this assistant from a high achieving club.

Our attack is also still one out with limited creativity from dummy half. I acknowledge that we may not get a superstar hooker but can we at least try to have a strategy that has some creativity from dummy half and get the guys we have to employ it. Our attack only looks good when we play off the cuff. Our structured attack is nowhere near first grade quality.

I get Walsh was an opportunistic signing we pulled off. However, for me we needed to get an experienced first grade quality hooker before a fullback and someone to mentor Mozer if he is the future talent. In my view Walters and Paix have done okay but neither were going to be the answer this here. Hopefully Paix can develop further for next year.

I want to see Billy have a plan when he runs from DH .
He often makes in roads but seems to then run into dead ends .

Eg opposition has 1 marker . We know Bill is gonna scoot . FB or Lock should follow every time . Not stand back and watch like they do currently . Having support would make a big difference in the defence`s ability to shut him down . Further Billy should be looking for the supports when he does scoot . He seems to have blinkers on when he does .

I want to see Billy have a plan when he runs from DH .
He often makes in roads but seems to then run into dead ends .

Eg opposition has 1 marker . We know Bill is gonna scoot . FB or Lock should follow every time . Not stand back and watch like they do currently . Having support would make a big difference in the defence`s ability to shut him down . Further Billy should be looking for the supports when he does scoot . He seems to have blinkers on when he does .
It is by far Billy's biggest issue as a player his decisions on instinct are quite poor, like he doesn't think a play ahead at all, if he can improve in this one aspect it could completely transform him as a player.

Like even when he goes for a dart and looks for a pass it's always a dummy and he never actually thought of the pass.

It is by far Billy's biggest issue as a player his decisions on instinct are quite poor, like he doesn't think a play ahead at all, if he can improve in this one aspect it could completely transform him as a player.

Like even when he goes for a dart and looks for a pass it's always a dummy and he never actually thought of the pass.
This is it. I often think he makes himself look likely, but when it comes time to pull the trigger and he engages the line he gets a bit ‘deer in the headlights’. The final pass often died with him on the left and it was my biggest gripe. Again, he looked likely and people would make the assumption that he was playing well etc. But TBH I found him frustrating more than anything. He moves like he knows what he’s doing but in reality he hasn’t thought ahead. That’s how I see it anyway.

Dobbin on 9 news said
- Ballin to look after attack
- Cartwright to look after Defence
- Boyd increased role with outside backs

Dobbin on 9 news said
So a deckchair reshuffle. No mention of Lee Briers.

If Darius is such a great backs coach, why were our backs so directionless under his captaincy?

So a deckchair reshuffle. No mention of Lee Briers.

If Darius is such a great backs coach, why were our backs so directionless under his captaincy?
I believe Lee Briers is taking Ballins role from last season

Wasn’t Cartwright doing Attack this season?
Pretty sure @1910 said Carty was defence. Wether he meant this season or was going to be next season I can’t be certain but it read as if Carty was defence this season just gone

Chris Farley Idk GIF

an article in the Courier Mail today say that

Off-contract next season, Walters has been given the financial scope to hire another assistant following the sacking of Terry Matterson and the Broncos coach is exploring possible options.

Dobbin on 9 news said
Darius flying under the radar a bit.......

Outside backs being.....wingers and fullbacks, I'm guessing?

Cobbo, TMM, Coz......went alright this season.

Of course there's always an exception
Tesi....... 🙄

but,
Are outside backs our problem at the minute?

Not really.

an article in the Courier Mail today say that
I wonder if that’s on top of Ballin? Could keep the Manly theme going and make a play at Dez. If the check book is really open I’d love to chuck a few quid at Slater

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LittleDavey
  • Kev_Guz
  • eggstar10
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Gray
  • Painin the Haas
  • Broncosgirl
  • Nerd
  • Fozz
  • Midean
  • Robboi_321
  • something
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.