THE COACH Kevin Walters

Matt ballin
Yeah Matt got the main assistant gig but there was an article after Matt got the job that insinuated that bronx we’re gonna put in a bit more money into the coaching department to snag another assistant. Whether that’s true or not is yet to be determined.

As for whoever it was who suggest Griffin, I would rather shoot myself in the leg than that happen. He has 0 people skills and just doesn’t fit the assistant coach type.

How is Kevvy? hope he is thriving and not just surviving…

Give the man the spine of the roosters or Storm and see how he performs.. might even get coach of the year.. I mean how hard can that be?

There's nothing to suggest Billy Slater is any better of a coach than Kevin Walters, not a single thing.

They've both come through the same pathway, just Billy retired more recently and hasn't been given an opportunity to be an NRL head coach.

There's nothing to suggest Billy Slater is any better of a coach than Kevin Walters, not a single thing.

They've both come through the same pathway, just Billy retired more recently and hasn't been given an opportunity to be an NRL head coach.
Billy also makes dumb team selections at Origin level.

Cameron Smith spoke highly of Billy's influence at the Storm, while still playing. The impression I have is Billy is an astute student of the game who analyses and shuts down opponents. Difficult to know how much credit to give him for the third Origin win but that was a major coup of a magnitude that Kevvie never pulled off. Kevvie is a great bloke and club treasure but I've yet to see anything to suggest he's a deep thinker.

I can't see us getting anywhere near Slater, but if we can we should snap him up at any price with a view to succession.

Lmao fucking brutal, Pearl. It had to be said though so god love ya.
Second opinion from our best player, Patty:

“He gave me my debut and a few of the other boys. A lot of the habits that helped me get to where I am are his habits. I had a really good relationship with him. I know if you are a young guy, he encourages you to be better."​
"Things just didn’t work out in Brisbane. The Broncs went their separate ways and Seibs went and did his own thing. Everything that Seibs did for me and I know a lot of the other younger boys – everyone at the Broncos – appreciated what he did."​
“In terms of being a great coach, he definitely has all the assets to be able to put Manly on the trajectory they have been on. It is obviously a bit messy there at the moment but when they have players like the Trbojevic boys and Chez and those sort of guys, they are going to be a hard team to beat. I am stoked to see him back in the NRL – that would be awesome.”​
“He is a footy head. So he really understands the game well. In terms of his work ethic as a coach, he is definitely going to do everything and not ask anything more of you than he would do himself. All my experiences with Seibs were positive. If you want to survive and function in the NRL, you have to have a good work ethic first and foremost. He definitely has that. He was coach of the year before he came to Brisbane. He did a lot for me. I was pretty young then and got an opportunity to captain the Broncos with Lexi. I will always be grateful to him for that. He has been a part of our journey along the way. I know a lot of the guys give him credit for what he did for us at the club."​
“He was great for me. I can’t endorse him any more.”​

Second opinion from our best player, Patty:

“He gave me my debut and a few of the other boys. A lot of the habits that helped me get to where I am are his habits. I had a really good relationship with him. I know if you are a young guy, he encourages you to be better."​
"Things just didn’t work out in Brisbane. The Broncs went their separate ways and Seibs went and did his own thing. Everything that Seibs did for me and I know a lot of the other younger boys – everyone at the Broncos – appreciated what he did."​
“In terms of being a great coach, he definitely has all the assets to be able to put Manly on the trajectory they have been on. It is obviously a bit messy there at the moment but when they have players like the Trbojevic boys and Chez and those sort of guys, they are going to be a hard team to beat. I am stoked to see him back in the NRL – that would be awesome.”​
“He is a footy head. So he really understands the game well. In terms of his work ethic as a coach, he is definitely going to do everything and not ask anything more of you than he would do himself. All my experiences with Seibs were positive. If you want to survive and function in the NRL, you have to have a good work ethic first and foremost. He definitely has that. He was coach of the year before he came to Brisbane. He did a lot for me. I was pretty young then and got an opportunity to captain the Broncos with Lexi. I will always be grateful to him for that. He has been a part of our journey along the way. I know a lot of the guys give him credit for what he did for us at the club."​
“He was great for me. I can’t endorse him any more.”​

I'd throw money on Patty being closer to the truth than Steve Renouf........
good on him (Pat) for speaking up.

Coaching is about understanding how to communicate to the people under you. Seibold didn’t understand that, but it’s no surprise that the only player in that team with the slightest bit of intelligence has no issue with him. Now ask the other players.

Coaching is about understanding how to communicate to the people under you. Seibold didn’t understand that, but it’s no surprise that the only player in that team with the slightest bit of intelligence has no issue with him. Now ask the other players.
I wonder what Reynolds thinks of Seibold

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • IceWorks
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.