THE COACH Kevin Walters

I'm not talking about that, those clubs have junior academy's and such and likely youth competitions in their area right?

I think it just feels like a wasted opportunity to have basically the foundation of their talent 1000s of kms away when you have Areas much closer in NSW that could find talent but need presence.

Especially with Dolphins in the comp now.
The Raiders have the Albury/wagga region under their control

The Raiders have the Albury/wagga region under their control
I would say the Areas I mentioned are minimal of what they cover(for those out of the loop I'm talking about the two regions under 20 and 9), and considering many of what Canberra cover is overlapping with other teams like the Dragons I don't see an issue.

The Northern Riverina area is covered but the Murray and South Riverina is fair game I would say from Albury to Mildura.
Rai4178 regional map

Source: https://www.raiders.com.au/communit...print measures,through to Bathurst and Orange.

Haha. Wordsmith
No mate, stick with Wordsworth and lean into it like Huge did back in 2018. Good times.
I wonder if Fox actually employs writers who attended a university or have a qualification in the field. Revert back, ffs. Is there anyone who doesn't know by now that you simply revert, not revert back ? I mean aside from this Wordsworth.

I'm not talking about that, those clubs have junior academy's and such and likely youth competitions in their area right?

I think it just feels like a wasted opportunity to have basically the foundation of their talent 1000s of kms away when you have Areas much closer in NSW that could find talent but need presence.

Especially with Dolphins in the comp now.

That's not just the Storm that every team- The Roosters have set up in Ipswich, Bulldogs are in Toowoomba, Souths have mined South Brisbane.

The Broncos have three Brisbane kids named tomorrow- Walters, Carrigan and Palasia. 3/17 from Brisbane- the days of only looking locally are over and have been for a long while.

That's not just the Storm that every team- The Roosters have set up in Ipswich, Bulldogs are in Toowoomba, Souths have mined South Brisbane.

The Broncos have three Brisbane kids named tomorrow- Walters, Carrigan and Palasia. 3/17 from Brisbane- the days of only looking locally are over and have been for a long while.
I never said anything about only going for the city your in, the state would be a good start, that said if you extend to South East Queensland that number more then doubles, Mam, Capewell(if you count it from where we found him), Walsh and Haas, Technically Herbie if you count that we first saw him in GC.

Either way the point is unlike the other clubs you have mentioned Melbourne have zero locals or even players they found close to Victoria, even Roosters have Radley in a Posh area of Sydney that barely even play the game, Melbourne might not care about League but it's still a city similar in size to Sydney, they have failed massively in doing a job to find talent there.

I always think it's funny when NSW based fans carry on like we've had the entire Brisbane region to ourselves for the past decade and that's why we need a 2nd Brisbane team, they've clearly got the blinkers on.

How many QLD kids end up coming through a club like Canberra?

I always think it's funny when NSW based fans carry on like we've had the entire Brisbane region to ourselves for the past decade and that's why we need a 2nd Brisbane team, they've clearly got the blinkers on.

How many QLD kids end up coming through a club like Canberra?

Currently, the ones I can think of not with us or never were with us are coming through but from Brisbane an south (and I have not checked this for accuracy):
Papalii, Savage, Schneider, Fogarty, Trindall, Fermor, Fifita, Cherry-Evans, Munster, Grant, Kaufusi, Welch, Howarth, B.Lee, Mann, Gilbert, Milford, Mahoney, Hopgood, Tass, Kerr, Mbye, Walker - so yeah teams have been in our area of the state for a long time and this is just the Qld eligible players, not including those who are Kiwi, etc.

Wtf? Honestly I would applaud Kevin Walters if he lay one on this bloke’s chin next time they cross paths. Or even if he did it by proxy and got his old buddy Gordon Tallis to have some words with him. This actually sounds really personal with this bloke.

Or…….whacky conspiracy. Ben ikin is taking his revenge and letting Kev know he has mates in the media too.

Active Now

• Mum-the-meatloaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • barker
  • whykickamoocow
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Alec
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.