THE COACH Kevin Walters

I think people are confusing my comments with being upset about losing. I have no problems losing this year, and if Kev was doing all the right things and still losing I would be his biggest supporter. I only commented on things he as a coach can control and I have concerns.

It will sound harsh, but thats just not good enough. We have to see some improvment in our gameplan and structure and right now this is no different from the pie man. There has to be a glimmer of hope we are improving, and its not happening so far.

Good enough for me. Maybe not for a bloke ready to jump ship if the Dolphins come in 😉

Good enough for me. Maybe not for a bloke ready to jump ship if the Dolphins come in 😉
Dolphins would give us a run for our money as it stands right now!

I honestly dont get how us not improving in any way can be good enough. I'll bring him up again, but no way on earth do we look this bad under Bennett. Kevvie has to show something, he needs to show he can both coach the team to look better even if they lose, and he has to show he can improve players individually. Dont get me wrong either, i want him to get the job done, but if we want to improve as a club and get back to the top, the club have to be ruthless and i'm hoping we are.

Dolphins would give us a run for our money as it stands right now!

I honestly dont get how us not improving in any way can be good enough. I'll bring him up again, but no way on earth do we look this bad under Bennett. Kevvie has to show something, he needs to show he can both coach the team to look better even if they lose, and he has to show he can improve players individually. Dont get me wrong either, i want him to get the job done, but if we want to improve as a club and get back to the top, the club have to be ruthless and i'm hoping we are.

Improving is not winning the spoon again. That is number one on the agenda. To some extent it relies on other teams to do worse, but it also means beating the teams we should beat. So in that regard, yes, improving is part of what I consider good enough.

The team and club are broken mentally, one year won't fix it.

Some people might disagree, but literally all I care about this year is not coming last.

You just have to look at the results of the team before seibold, and then since. He was not harshly criticised
Still trolling with this .
No matter how good a coach he is Bennett fucked us when he signed Milf, Boyd and Bird . From that time on our cap was compromised and now we are here.
Seibold compounded things absolutely but make no mistake WB started things down this track

Improving is not winning the spoon again. That is number one on the agenda. To some extent it relies on other teams to do worse, but it also means beating the teams we should beat. So in that regard, yes, improving is part of what I consider good enough.

The team and club are broken mentally, one year won't fix it.

Some people might disagree, but literally all I care about this year is not coming last.

I dont think its improving at all tbh as it stands, but there is a long way to go. I'm not looking at outside factors like Manly, Bulldogs and Cowboys being worse than they were last year. I'm looking at us internally from a coaching point of view and so far we arent a better side than 2020.

Totally agree, we are mentally broken, and i just dont think Kevvie is the man to fix it, Wayne Bennett is. He inspires people and even if you dont like him, that cant be denied. Just look at what he did with QLD.

I dont think its improving at all tbh as it stands, but there is a long way to go. I'm not looking at outside factors like Manly, Bulldogs and Cowboys being worse than they were last year. I'm looking at us internally from a coaching point of view and so far we arent a better side than 2020.

Totally agree, we are mentally broken, and i just dont think Kevvie is the man to fix it, Wayne Bennett is. He inspires people and even if you dont like him, that cant be denied. Just look at what he did with QLD.

I do like Wayne, he's the GOAT. I'm sure he would be better then Kevvie, but he's not here and not likely to be. He couldn't solve our slide from 2016-2018. Losing the same way again and again.

Also disagree on the first point, I think we do look better than last year. Not by much though.

For mine, avoid the spoon and the capitulation of last year, pass mark for Kev in his first year.

Still trolling with this .
No matter how good a coach he is Bennett fucked us when he signed Milf, Boyd and Bird . From that time on our cap was compromised and now we are here.
Seibold compounded things absolutely but make no mistake WB started things down this track

Problem is at the time when million dollar contracts were being handed out, Milford was close to that level, it wasnt an outlandish contract like we gave to people like Flegler, Joffa and Lodge . Bird as well was probably worth good money as well. Bird has only become a bad signing with the benefit of hindsight due to his injuries. He was a state of origin player and a premiership winner when we got him. Even Boyds contract amount wasnt really out of this world, it was just 2 years too long. Bennett really wasnt that much of an issue, we got screwed on contracts because the people crunching the numbers were push overs.

I do like Wayne, he's the GOAT. I'm sure he would be better then Kevvie, but he's not here and not likely to be. He couldn't solve our slide from 2016-2018. Losing the same way again and again.

Also disagree on the first point, I think we do look better than last year. Not by much though.

For mine, avoid the spoon and the capitulation of last year, pass mark for Kev in his first year.

I'd love us to be on a slide like 2016 to 2018.

Not sure how we look better either. This time last year we had double the wins we have now. We looked excellent until lockdown tbf.

I'd love us to be on a slide like 2016 to 2018.

Not sure how we look better either. This time last year we had double the wins we have now. We looked excellent until lockdown tbf.

We got beat 59-0 in round 4...

I was realistic at the beginning of this season. I was not expecting to make the finals or win more than we lost.

I just wanted to see us not give up and stay in games, increase our defence line speed, not be the last ones off the ground in every tackle/ruck and show some intent in attack.

That is not asking much. It does not require talent, skills or coaching, it is all attitude. Although our team are saying the "right things" they are not walking the talk.

I constantly harp on about line speed but it is no fluke that the teams with the best line speed: melb, souths, penrith, roosters top the comp and those without: broncos, bulldogs, manly are on the bottom

We got beat 59-0 in round 4...

We won our first 2 games. after round 4 we were 2 and 2, this year we are 1 and 3. Not sure how that 59-0 is really relevant. When you look at the cold hard facts, we still start of brightly in games, just like last year, and just like last year we collapse with alarming ease. We still concede points for fun, we still cant defend and we still cant attack and we still only look like a good side against the doggies. There hasnt been any real improvement at all so far.

Just like with Seibold, i'll see how we are going after 10 or 11 games. I reckon if we dont see some signs by then we are in trouble.

Sorry, but look At what he did with England.

We won our first 2 games. after round 4 we were 2 and 2, this year we are 1 and 3. Not sure how that 59-0 is really relevant. When you look at the cold hard facts, we still start of brightly in games, just like last year, and just like last year we collapse with alarming ease. We still concede points for fun, we still cant defend and we still cant attack and we still only look like a good side against the doggies. There hasnt been any real improvement at all so far.

Just like with Seibold, i'll see how we are going after 10 or 11 games. I reckon if we dont see some signs by then we are in trouble.

I think 59-0 is relevant.

Last year we weren't coming off a spoon.

There are some promising signs, some troubling signs. It will take more than a month to gauge it accurately, considering our draw, agreed.

I want to see an improvement in our style
ATM we are too much 1 out off the back of slow a play the ball
I know Kev is trying to get the basics right first but we look ordinary.
Still I'm happy to wait and see.

Sorry, but look At what he did with England.

Its a different kettle of fish to NRL coaching as is QLD. I personally think he did fine with England. Could have done better, but he didnt do a bad job. Didnt probably help him he was never really wanted or accepted by them.

@Wolfie what's your take on Pat so far.
Me, I'm a little concerned. He is trying but looks very average this year.

Its a different kettle of fish to NRL coaching as is QLD. I personally think he did fine with England. Could have done better, but he didnt do a bad job. Didnt probably help him he was never really wanted or accepted by them.
What? He lost every game last time he coached them, including to png. PNG.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.