THE COACH Kevin Walters

What’s everyone’s actual thoughts on this though ?
We threw away a 90 point F/A and 2 competition point lead to lose a spot in the finals, in which we would probably lose by 30 points anyway. Probably the biggest chock in the NRL era.

We looked poorly coached and fluttering with our season on the line against a shithouse dragons.

My thought is the coaching isn't there yet, and we need to actually start coaching gamesmanship and modern techniques. We should find assistants who can bring that. We need to look at exploiting the refs unwillingness to consistantly enforce the rules.

It was the right move.

Coach- Kevin Walters
Assistant Coaches- Marc Brentnall, Josh Hannay and Ben Walker
CEO- David Donaghy
Football and Performance Director- Ben Ikin

This is a team of people that will win games with their knowledge, earn money off the field and get their son here eventually.

I wonder if Dean Pay has another footy gig in him. We need assistants that will turn several of our soft forwards from having a go every 3rd week into hardened goers that will defend a try line with their life every week.
I'd rather someone like him than a new age spreadsheet jockey.

What’s everyone’s actual thoughts on this though ?
I can’t comment on Steve because apparently he’s pretty good at what he does but letting Kev bring on all his family was unprofessional and I hope Billy is the next to go.

Im very happy about Matterson. Someone had to go and he is the least valuable of the 3 (Kev, Carty, Matto). I wouldn’t be mad if carty got the flick too.

It’s good to see the club isn’t going to accept mediocre. I’m excited to see who gets a run but maybe Briers was always going to be Mattersons replacement and that will be it.

Matterson and Steve Walters gone.

Is Matteson Defense coach? Looks like playing group are not a fan of him so, in all seriousness, moving him is a good one.
Wonder what role does Steve play apart from coordinating the directions from coaches box during game days 🤔

Coach- Kevin Walters
CEO- David Donaghy

This is a team of people that will win games with their knowledge, earn money off the field and get their son here eventually.
I love the composition of Assistant Coaches. What’re the odds of having all of them from preseason especially, Marc & Josh?

@McHunt do you have the Badel scoop about a bust up and Steve quitting rather than being let go? Some spicy drama by the sounds of it

Coach- Kevin Walters
CEO- David Donaghy

Well the Qld equivalent of a father and son duo that could match the cleary’s isn’t the Walters’. Maybe the walker’s are the chosen ones.

Smith SL coach of the month. Leeds in the prelims.

told ya.

He has done really well though to be fair, in the elimination final, they got extremely lucky as Catalans self-destructed with about 18 players put in the bin.

@McHunt do you have the Badel scoop about a bust up and Steve quitting rather than being let go? Some spicy drama by the sounds of it

He starts the article saying Steve fell on his sword ...

But later in the same article he says that Kevvie made the tough decision to axe Steve

Oh boy! Bust up? With who though? Our coaching team are all 50+ year olds & they went against each other? I am all in for scoops on this 😉.

I can’t comment on Steve because apparently he’s pretty good at what he does but letting Kev bring on all his family was unprofessional and I hope Billy is the next to go.

Im very happy about Matterson. Someone had to go and he is the least valuable of the 3 (Kev, Carty, Matto). I wouldn’t be mad if carty got the flick too.

It’s good to see the club isn’t going to accept mediocre. I’m excited to see who gets a run but maybe Briers was always going to be Mattersons replacement and that will be it.

There's no way Steve was just doing logistics, he was 100% involved with the team in some capacity. You don't sit on the sidelines with a headset if you're not involved with the footy in some capacity.

Thanks and goodbye to both Steve and Terry. Pretty keen to see who we bring in as an assistant coach now.

View attachment 19875
There's no way Steve was just doing logistics, he was 100% involved with the team in some capacity. You don't sit on the sidelines with a headset if you're not involved with the footy in some capacity.

Thanks and goodbye to both Steve and Terry. Pretty keen to see who we bring in as an assistant coach now.
did you want him to use the old tin can and fishing line to relay Kevvie's messages?

Active Now

• bazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Don
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • broncoscope
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Redux
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.