THE COACH Kevin Walters

Glad someone brought it up, these clubs like Man U, Barcelona, once great clubs who boasted some of the greatest teams and players of all time, well they tend to attract fans who don't handle supporting a team that isn't winning. They act like it's their god given right to support a team that wins all the time, that's not exactly reality but that's what they expect, through their own level of entitlement. That's how they come to be fans of these teams to begin with.

I can tell you exclusively, we were one of those clubs that attracted those sort of fans and half of what we read on here, is a result of that level of entitlement.

They don't like the idea of a rebuild but sadly, we're not in a league where you can go out and buy your way out of it, like Barcelona and Manchester United have attempted to do. All the club can do is exactly what they have done, change the people who are in positions that are making the wrong decisions and in time, things will improve (as they have done this year, undoubtedly). Anyone who sits there and carries on about this year being a failure, they're one of those fans. Their expectations of the club aren't in line with reality of how clubs turn it around, occasionally a team will go from near last to being an instant top 4 side but this a rare occurrence, it's never an expectation that it will happen, unless you're deluded.

Would have loved to make the 8, we all would have loved that but we didn't. It doesn't mean the season was a failure, it will be a failure if next season our results aren't an improvement on this seasons. 2023 is the acid test for Kevin Walters.
Good post!

I think what grates all of us the most isn’t that we have right to win - it’s that the mistakes made with recruitment and retention have been clear for years. If we the punters can see it, we are annoyed those who are paid to see it cannot

Have we had a crack at Allan Langer yet......has anyone rammed their fist up his arse?

I'm not suggesting we should...but why not? It's the silly season......

He's been running the water for a long time......mostly throughout all the shit years we're experiencing.
Alf appeared to be a smart as **** footballer when he played. Wally thought so.....if he's good enough for the King...he's good enough for me.

Whats Alf been doing with the players.......whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be working(?)

I can see why KW is wanting to keep a certain trusted connection around him..I would too.
Like everyone else though...how long you stay in the team, is based on how often the team is winning
....its all gotta be based on success. Tough calls have to be made......

If we the punters can see it, we are annoyed those who are paid to see it cannot

Yes....very annoying

but that goes across the entire NRL.

I've come to accept the possibility...... that I'm wrong more often then I'm write.

steve has alot of experience and someone Kevvie could trust , it's not hard to see why he did.
Which club will he work for now ? Big problem of he's not wanted elsewhere. Kev does not need to be surrounded by sychophants.

Which club will he work for now ? Big problem of he's not wanted elsewhere. Kev does not need to be surrounded by sychophants.
think 1910 said he was with the Australian team, not sure if he still is .

he wordked with the QLD team for 15 years, not to mention he has business experience to fall back on in the worst case scenario (or if he decides not to continue in a similar roles elsewhere) ... he'll be fine

Have we had a crack at Allan Langer yet......has anyone rammed their fist up his arse?

I'm not suggesting we should...but why not? It's the silly season......

He's been running the water for a long time......mostly throughout all the shit years we're experiencing.
Alf appeared to be a smart as **** footballer when he played. Wally thought so.....if he's good enough for the King...he's good enough for me.

Whats Alf been doing with the players.......whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be working(?)

I can see why KW is wanting to keep a certain trusted connection around him..I would too.
Like everyone else though...how long you stay in the team, is based on how often the team is winning
....its all gotta be based on success. Tough calls have to be made......
Maybe it’s time Alf tried using Gatorade.

What about State of Origin? He was doing the same job there.

If you finger point at everyone eventually you might get your answer.

Cant believe the talk coming from Tallis, Ben Ikin is a real pro and a smart operator, Tallis is sticking up for Kevvie because he is a mate and used to play with him, Not because he is a great coach, Ikin is there to make sure the club is on the right path, do you want jobs for your buddies or success .?

Glad someone brought it up, these clubs like Man U, Barcelona, once great clubs who boasted some of the greatest teams and players of all time, well they tend to attract fans who don't handle supporting a team that isn't winning. They act like it's their god given right to support a team that wins all the time, that's not exactly reality but that's what they expect, through their own level of entitlement. That's how they come to be fans of these teams to begin with.

I can tell you exclusively, we were one of those clubs that attracted those sort of fans and half of what we read on here, is a result of that level of entitlement.

They don't like the idea of a rebuild but sadly, we're not in a league where you can go out and buy your way out of it, like Barcelona and Manchester United have attempted to do. All the club can do is exactly what they have done, change the people who are in positions that are making the wrong decisions and in time, things will improve (as they have done this year, undoubtedly). Anyone who sits there and carries on about this year being a failure, they're one of those fans. Their expectations of the club aren't in line with reality of how clubs turn it around, occasionally a team will go from near last to being an instant top 4 side but this a rare occurrence, it's never an expectation that it will happen, unless you're deluded.

Would have loved to make the 8, we all would have loved that but we didn't. It doesn't mean the season was a failure, it will be a failure if next season our results aren't an improvement on this seasons. 2023 is the acid test for Kevin Walters.
Ok, so why are the Cowboys in a preliminary final after finishing 15th last year

btw we were sitting pretty in 4th from round 11-20 until we shit the bed.

Ok, so why are the Cowboys in a preliminary final after finishing 15th last year
They only finished 15th because Payten got JT's nose so out of joint he set a record for coming up with new injuries. Once Todd learned some humility, the players were more inclined to buy in and remembered they weren't the suckiest bunch of sucks to ever suck.

It's completely different to the catastrophic place the Broncos found themselves in around 2020/21. They still haven't completely recovered from their horrible salary cap mismanagement where things were in such disarray they were paying a fair percentage of players to go play somewhere else.

Anyone have access to the latest article on players getting involved in Ikin and Walters saga

It's not players, it is player. Basicially some quotes from Oates about hoping they can both work it out. Nothing article.
Yeah nothing article. Basically sucked everyone’s dick and played dumb to knowing what’s happened. Did well from a question he obviously got cornered on.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Midean
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.