THE COACH Kevin Walters

I’d like to think so but Ikin has apparently been frozen out and Dave isn’t even involved enough to define their roles
If that's true, then DD is a fraud. But from everything else we've seen, he is a smart operator, the real deal, so I'm choosing to not believe there's a genuinely concerning fire underneath that smoke.

I sometimes get a feeling Kevin’s heading down that pathway here.

why because he hasn't been sacked after two seasons in which he doubled the wins from the previous season (in each year of his tenure) while trying to completely overhaul a wooden spoon roster.

why because he hasn't been sacked after two seasons in which he doubled the wins from the previous season (in each year of his tenure) while trying to completely overhaul a wooden spoon roster.
We sacked Ivan for getting flogged by Canberra but Kevin’s just had 50 and 60 put on him back to back and apparently come through a review smelling like roses. He’s a fucking Curlew through and through. Time will tell.

We sacked Ivan for getting flogged by Canberra but Kevin’s just had 50 and 60 put on him back to back and apparently come through a review smelling like roses. He’s a fucking Curlew through and through. Time will tell.

one eye roll wasn't enough for this comment, so i'll add a couple of extra's 🙄 🙄

There’s absolutely no doubt if Kev Walters name was Ivan Henjack he would’ve been launched already. Wayne Bennett got sacked for coming 8th place.

if Kevin Walters had Lockyer, Hodges, Folau, Thaiday, Gillett, Parker, Te'o, Yow Yeh etc; and was hated by the players; and was named Ivan Henjak ... he would have been punted.

the difference between Bennett getting sacked for finishing 8th (which is technically not true, he didn't have his contract renewed (big difference) ... and Walters keeping his job after finishing 9th is TRAJECTORY. Walters is climbing the ladder, Bennett was climbing down it.

just back on Henjak for a second, I'm pretty sure if he wasn't hated by the players he would have had another shot. Remember, there were reports that Hodges warned GI about coming to us because of Henjak ... also Griffin finished 12th in 2013, and was given another go by the club (he may have even kept his job if Bennett didn't want to come back, reports at the time suggested that Lachlan Murdoch made it happen)

Henjack didn't have to rebuild a team from scratch, the core experienced superstars were all there, bad comparison.

Could be worse guys going by Zac Lomax's impersonation of Griffin there is no way anyone could take that guy seriously when he sounds like he had a stroke:

You mean the direct quotes from Kev, Tallis, and Dave? Or was Matterson being sacked, Walters brother quitting, Cobbo sitting out, dropping out of the 8, and Haas asking for a release all media lies?

Obviously a direct quote isn't so much speculation, I am talking about the shit the journos speculate.

Like this idea that we sensationally cut 10 players or whatever it was, every Bronco fan knew those guys were on the way out. Or this idea that Ikin and Kevvie have nothing but hatred for one and other, the only people who would know that are those 2 individuals.

Obviously a direct quote isn't so much speculation, I am talking about the shit the journos speculate.

Like this idea that we sensationally cut 10 players or whatever it was, every Bronco fan knew those guys were on the way out. Or this idea that Ikin and Kevvie have nothing but hatred for one and other, the only people who would know that are those 2 individuals.
I don’t recall seeing anyone suggesting they have nothing but hate for each other. You’ve just done what you’re suggesting the media has done

Actually 2022 culminated in three consecutive drubbings totalling 135 to 30, the worst ending to a season ever. After which, Kevvie was directed to sack his friend and choice of assistant coach, along with his own brother. For the first time, the press, who had given him a free ride just shy of adulation for two years, started asking whether he would be sacked and pinpointing the team's most critical need as hooker, the position his son occupies.

So no, the season did not end in any form of glory, and as I keep repeating, should his son continue to occupy a starting role in the 14, previously unseen before shit will start to hit the fan and snowball very quickly as it did with Seibold.

Will Kevvie "survive" the season? I think he will, but if we find ourselves being thrashed again, and we are not looking like finals material, I don't think he'll be sacked. He has to resign, or the fallout from old boys and fans will be unbearable, and the club can do without another shockwave like that, regardless of who's in the right. Plus they have to have another coach ready to slot straight in. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles hiring his next assistant because that guy will be breathing down his neck.

Actually 2022 culminated in three consecutive drubbings totalling 135 to 30, the worst ending to a season ever. After which, Kevvie was directed to sack his friend and choice of assistant coach, along with his own brother. For the first time, the press, who had given him a free ride just shy of adulation for two years, started asking whether he would be sacked and pinpointing the team's most critical need as hooker, the position his son occupies.

So no, the season did not end in any form of glory, and as I keep repeating, should his son continue to occupy a starting role in the 14, previously unseen before shit will start to hit the fan and snowball very quickly as it did with Seibold.

Will Kevvie "survive" the season? I think he will, but if we find ourselves being thrashed again, and we are not looking like finals material, I don't think he'll be sacked. He has to resign, or the fallout from old boys and fans will be unbearable, and the club can do without another shockwave like that, regardless of who's in the right. Plus they have to have another coach ready to slot straight in. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles hiring his next assistant because that guy will be breathing down his neck.
I’m all in on Rohan Smith

There’s absolutely no doubt if Kev Walters name was Ivan Henjack he would’ve been launched already. Wayne Bennett got sacked for coming 8th place.
Ivan got launched because the players lost faith in him (and the big ones not just fringe players who cant get a game) and even then it happened just before round 1. Kev would no doubt get launched too if players like Reynolds came to the board and said its me or him which is what happened with Ivan.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.