THE COACH Kevin Walters

Problem is you don't know what you're saying and talk anyway- you claimed the football team was a financial burden- I pointed out that the football team isn't a burden/drain it brings people in and gave the example of Redcliffe last week where the football made them a lot of money.

I also pointed out why do you think clubs put the field right there- because it makes them money- people going to the football makes everyone money.

You are wrong football is not a burden at all.
I do know what I'm saying!

Drain:
deprive of strength or vitality.
"his limbs were drained of all energy"

Burden:
a load, typically a heavy one

They are not fucking interchangeable. Man, your ego is insane sometimes. For someone who is so pedantic on others you totally miss things sometimes and literally interchange words with different meanings because you have been proven wrong. Just argue the points instead of LITERALLY changing my words lol

the Broncos need to focus more on having a say in the running of Souths, Norths and Wynnum- coaching, players, PD for coaches and players and staff.

What are the chances of this? Aren't they reluctant to do things the way the Broncos want them to?

From what I keep hearing, there's very few people in the ISC that like them and will be willing to let them have more of a say.

What are the chances of this? Aren't they reluctant to do things the way the Broncos want them to?

From what I keep hearing, there's very few people in the ISC that like them and will be willing to let them have more of a say.
Then Brisbane should field their own side in the ISC.

Do the PHINS not have an advantage now over us in this regard...

Well Broncos could just say look, we want all these things or we will move in the direction of making our own team, Surely that get's them to the table because I can only see one thing happening if all the QLD NRL teams come in(they will dominate) and then almost certainly lead to a national 2nd tier of just the NRL clubs which would be a massive problem for all the Qcup teams.

Nah, Ipswich is fine. I live here.

I'd suggest you go buy a parmy and two beers and got to a few games.

The problem with Ipswich, Souths and Tweed is they don't own anything- if you don't own land/ground you're in trouble.

The massive clubs all own their land and their ground- Easts, Wynnum and Dolphins all own it. The popular amount thrown around for Dolphins is $100m of assets- the stadium, the leagues club, the junior fields, the shopping centre, gym, pool. They own the whole friggin blocks of lands.

Easts are building their own little stadium now too on their land to go with their huge leagues club.

Wynnum own all their assets.

That's why Broncos should just buy everything isn't an option.

They already do have a say in a lot of things, but I think they can always be more hands on. The Cowboys do this with the Pride, Cutters and Townsville, they're very involved and even insist on having a rep on their boards.

Well Broncos could just say look, we want all these things or we will move in the direction of making our own team, Surely that get's them to the table because I can only see one thing happening if all the QLD NRL teams come in(they will dominate) and then almost certainly lead to a national 2nd tier of just the NRL clubs which would be a massive problem for all the Qcup teams.

Toowoomba certainly didn't dominate and Young Guns won it once.

They already do have a say in a lot of things, but I think they can always be more hands on. The Cowboys do this with the Pride, Cutters and Townsville, they're very involved and even insist on having a rep on their boards.
It’s crazy to me how poorly structured our pathways are. Players allocated to teams seemingly at random, little to no consistency of playing style or even positions when compared to the NRL squad.

It’s crazy to me how poorly structured our pathways are. Players allocated to teams seemingly at random, little to no consistency of playing style or even positions when compared to the NRL squad.

Cowboys structured this year so younger players go to the Blackhawks and senior players go to the Cutters and Pride so they're grouped together.

Storm seems to just share it out, I am not sure they have a theory, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Storm do a lot of work with the coaches and talk to them every Monday to get a report on how they went and why- they also go down to Storm a lot and work with the staff down there. They have all the same calls and plays too.

If all our fringe/depth players in the one affiliate QLD cup team, it might actually help with viewership. I'd be very keen to watch the Bronco's 'seconds' team in QCup, as I know the players I'm watching are our 'next in ine' type guys, I'd find that very interesting. But I'm certainly not watching any QCup games now, with 1 or 2 fringe guys here, and 1 or 2 there.

Didn’t you build an apartment on the Gold Coast?!
I didn’t 'build' one, I just made an incredibly fortuitous decision after 6 or 7 schooners. Bought a unit facing the ocean on the 10th floor of a planned building. Covid struck 3 months later and property went nuts. Had an increase in value of a staggering 65% ! Started at 977k and now is 1.6m+ and returns of (net)10k a month. Arsey arsey arsey. Oi oi oi.

I'd suggest you go buy a parmy and two beers and got to a few games.

The problem with Ipswich, Souths and Tweed is they don't own anything- if you don't own land/ground you're in trouble.

The massive clubs all own their land and their ground- Easts, Wynnum and Dolphins all own it. The popular amount thrown around for Dolphins is $100m of assets- the stadium, the leagues club, the junior fields, the shopping centre, gym, pool. They own the whole friggin blocks of lands.

Easts are building their own little stadium now too on their land to go with their huge leagues club.

Wynnum own all their assets.

That's why Broncos should just buy everything isn't an option.
This is what I was pointing out to the know all's on here when talking about Cronulla a few years ago. They were asset rich but cash flow troubled as I think I remember you also knew full well.

Owning (outright!) your shit goes a long way to surviving ANY crisis or threat.

I didn’t 'build' one, I just made an incredibly fortuitous decision after 6 or 7 schooners. Bought a unit facing the ocean on the 10th floor of a planned building. Covid struck 3 months later and property went nuts. Had an increase in value of a staggering 65% ! Started at 977k and now is 1.6m+ and returns of (net)10k a month. Arsey arsey arsey. Oi oi oi.
The ATO will get you though. We own numerous properties in Brissy and the Sunny Coast where the valuations have went through the roof. Our unit in Noosa alone has increased by 700K over the past year and it's 5 mins drive from Hastings St.

The ATO has informed us that our land tax will increase dramatically on our next billing not to mention rates, body corp etc.

We are moving back to Eumundi next year to fall in line with the "6 year primary residence" rule or else they'll tax the shit out of us when we eventually decide to sell. Acreage valuations in Eumundi, Doonan, Verrierdale etc have gone mental as well. With every housing boom, the ATO are closely behind sticking out their greedy paws.

The ATO will get you though. We own numerous properties in Brissy and the Sunny Coast where the valuations have went through the roof. Our unit in Noosa alone has increased by 700K over the past year and it's 5 mins drive from Hastings St.

The ATO has informed us that our land tax will increase dramatically on our next billing not to mention rates, body corp etc.

We are moving back to Eumundi next year to fall in line with the "6 year primary residence" rule or else they'll tax the shit out of us when we eventually decide to sell. Acreage valuations in Eumundi, Doonan, Verrierdale etc have gone mental as well. With every housing boom, the ATO are closely behind sticking out their greedy paws.
Yeah but!!

I have a slightly different view about tax etc. As a child I remember an adult telling me 'render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's' or something like that and somehow that stuck and shaped my opinion, don't ask why or how for I do not know.

Basically I don't care as the tax guys get their wack and then I'm free to do as I want. I just adopted the attitude that I just don't care and I would choose to simply not think about how much I 'lose'.

All my life I've considered money to be like a shovel or drill! Basically, just a tool I can use.

I do appreciate your comments though, truly as you probably are just trying to forewarn me. My accountant looks after me and I told him when we met of my views on taxation and that I would never be a part of any overly sneaky tax dodging so I pay in full but of course I claim all I can!

Love the Tax chat but back to Kevvie... I think he has done a great job on the team culture and Ikin and Donaghy a great job overall too. This was the biggest problem, which I think they have addressed well and results have also improved.The missing pieces for me are on the field.

For as long as I can remember, our line speed has been terrible and we don't win the wrestle. I see improvement in defensive attitude but we lag in the sophistication of our defensive structures. We also need a recently retired assistant that understands modern defensive systems and we should have actively sought this assistant from a high achieving club.

Our attack is also still one out with limited creativity from dummy half. I acknowledge that we may not get a superstar hooker but can we at least try to have a strategy that has some creativity from dummy half and get the guys we have to employ it. Our attack only looks good when we play off the cuff. Our structured attack is nowhere near first grade quality.

I get Walsh was an opportunistic signing we pulled off. However, for me we needed to get an experienced first grade quality hooker before a fullback and someone to mentor Mozer if he is the future talent. In my view Walters and Paix have done okay but neither were going to be the answer this here. Hopefully Paix can develop further for next year.

Toowoomba certainly didn't dominate and Young Guns won it once.
How long ago was this though?

I say that because only the NRL teams would have Full timers in their reserve grade team, it would essentially be a current NSW cup team vs Qcup teams without any affliations so purely Part Timers.

Like even a development contract is still enough to be a Full timer compared to the 20-30k or so a player with no Affliation gets, that gap is a competitive advantage, that wouldn't of been the case back in the day as I'm pretty sure the min wagers in the top 30 where probably on the struggle side of full time, possibly part time.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.