THE COACH Kevin Walters

More than a tad concerning kevvie considers the bloke actively trying to poach our team a confidant or part of his support network. He should cut Wayne off after the shenanigans of the last few months.

More than a tad concerning kevvie considers the bloke actively trying to poach our team a confidant or part of his support network. He should cut Wayne off after the shenanigans of the last few months.
Says more about Wayne being a duplicitous conniving prick.

Where tf is this new assistant coach we’ve open the cheque book for ? Kev ran out of mates and relos or something?

Where tf is this new assistant coach we’ve open the cheque book for ? Kev ran out of mates and relos or something?
Be patient. Someone in the media will accidentally snap him at training and then the club will follow it up with a press release in a month's time.

Doubt Wayne would ring Kevin when he gets beat by fifty - but on the other hand.

Doubt Wayne would ring Kevin when he gets beat by fifty - but on the other hand.
Wayne says if you start listening to the fans, it won’t be long until you are sitting next to them. And that includes Kevvie. He only takes advice from the Man in the Mirror.

Wayne says if you start listening to the fans, it won’t be long until you are sitting next to them. And that includes Kevvie. He only takes advice from the Man in the Mirror.
Correct. Ambiguous at best but I was referring to Kevin taking advice from Wayne when he gets beat by fifty - not the other way round.
I am sure if he still has the opportunity he would always leave that door ajar. But then again, Wayne did once tell him to **** off and learn how to become a coach. Well he fucked off to France, yet to see if he fulfilled Wayne’s advice though.

Correct. Ambiguous at best but I was referring to Kevin taking advice from Wayne when he gets beat by fifty - not the other way round.
I am sure if he still has the opportunity he would always leave that door ajar. But then again, Wayne did once tell him to **** off and learn how to become a coach. Well he fucked off to France, yet to see if he fulfilled Wayne’s advice though.
I don't consider myself amongst those here deathriding Kevvie, but I don't have a lot beyond some enduring affection for him to rate him highly as a coach. I'm struggling to think of one player who's blossomed under his tutelage, but I can reel off a string of names who finished the season broken. Staggs and Riki are glaring examples. Capewell, Reynolds and Haas had the air sucked out of them. Selwyn took a week's mental health break when we needed him most and then perked right up when he got picked in a rep side.

Even his son didn't improve. He started off the season better than any of us expected, played every game, and finished fairly ordinary. Meanwhile Turpin and Paix went backwards. Before that he made a complete meal out of Dearden, Croft, Coates and Milford. After a stupendous Origin campaign, Patty got wiped out for a disciplinary error the NRL was cracking down on, and clubs had been instructed in great detail to avoid. That Carrigan wasn't up to scratch on that screams poor coaching to me. Because we know he pays attention to detail.

The only player I can think of who finished the 2022 season on a high note was Corey Oates, and he always had it in him.

I'll give him the statutory 6 weeks and if things haven't improved dramatically, I'm off the train altogether.

I don't consider myself amongst those here deathriding Kevvie, but I don't have a lot beyond some enduring affection for him to rate him highly as a coach. I'm struggling to think of one player who's blossomed under his tutelage, but I can reel off a string of names who finished the season broken. Staggs and Riki are glaring examples. Capewell, Reynolds and Haas had the air sucked out of them. Selwyn took a week's mental health break when we needed him most and then perked right up when he got picked in a rep side.

Even his son didn't improve. He started off the season better than any of us expected, played every game, and finished fairly ordinary. Meanwhile Turpin and Paix went backwards. Before that he made a complete meal out of Dearden, Croft, Coates and Milford. After a stupendous Origin campaign, Patty got wiped out for a disciplinary error the NRL was cracking down on, and clubs had been instructed in great detail to avoid. That Carrigan wasn't up to scratch on that screams poor coaching to me. Because we know he pays attention to detail.

The only player I can think of who finished the 2022 season on a high note was Corey Oates, and he always had it in him.

I'll give him the statutory 6 weeks and if things haven't improved dramatically, I'm off the train altogether.

I think this is actually both fair and unfair which is really frustrating for me.

Before the end of season fade out, I felt just about every player in the squad had improved. After the horror last six weeks, I am now not so sure but then I also think it is important to note that a lot of them looked broken in that last quarter of the season. I am reserving judgement to the trials / opening rounds of the season.

I think this is actually both fair and unfair which is really frustrating for me.

Before the end of season fade out, I felt just about every player in the squad had improved. After the horror last six weeks, I am now not so sure but then I also think it is important to note that a lot of them looked broken in that last quarter of the season. I am reserving judgement to the trials / opening rounds of the season.
Thing is, it appears at this point in time David and Ben are scouring the countryside for assistant coaches to no doubt help coach the players but perhaps also coach the coach.
I am one who would love nothing more than to see him succeed and to go on and coach the Broncos to a premiership but have to admit I have little faith.

Thing is, it appears at this point in time David and Ben are scouring the countryside for assistant coaches to no doubt help coach the players but perhaps also coach the coach.
I am one who would love nothing more than to see him succeed and to go on and coach the Broncos to a premiership but have to admit I have little faith.

Kearney is not a coach you get to "coach the coach"

he has been a very successful assistant coach, but has failed in both his head coaching roles

Matt Parish manages to look like a vampire, Kurt Russell AND coach a Samoa team with Milford as halfback to a World Cup final, he might be able to do just about anything.

Matt Parish manages to look like a vampire, Kurt Russell AND coach a Samoa team with Milford as halfback to a World Cup final, he might be able to do just about anything.
Not anything. He's been specifically directed not to bash, threaten or harass Ray Hadley's ex-wife.

Kearney is not a coach you get to "coach the coach"

he has been a very successful assistant coach, but has failed in both his head coaching roles
Good. He’ll get that part done then. Have we got him yet ?

Says more about Wayne being a duplicitous conniving prick.
It says a bit about both of them tbh. I’d love for kevvie to succeed but I think a few more head knocks might do him some good and get him thinking clearly clearer.

also I wonder how the conversations between him and Ricky go…especially if it’s a conference call with Tallis on the line too.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.