THE COACH Kevin Walters

Matt Parish manages to look like a vampire, Kurt Russell AND coach a Samoa team with Milford as halfback to a World Cup final, he might be able to do just about anything.
Rohan Smith is the obvious replacement imo. Would love him as an assistant

Not anything. He's been specifically directed not to bash, threaten or harass Ray Hadley's ex-wife.
Ray’s take on the success of Samoa & Matt Parish at the World Cup..
73091022 CD4B 482A AA9C A64E64D52C48

Rohan Smith is the obvious replacement imo. Would love him as an assistant
Except for the bit where he's contracted to Leeds as head coach for the next three years, a position he took with the Broncos' blessing.

Justin Hodges on Matt Lodge:

“We all know why ‘Kevvie’ flicked him from the Broncos. Plenty of people would love to smack some sense into him but I’m in a position where I can get paid to do it. I’ve told No Limit to line it up after I knock out Gal on Wednesday.”​

Temporarily, on the path to becoming a chardonnay quaffing Kirra toff with a view.
Toff with an astoundingy view perhaps but I think the chardonnay just doesn't sit nicely with this old dope! ...i

Badel, Meyn, Read:

"$1 million contract extension"​

News Corp can reveal:

"the Broncos will hand Walters a lucrative two-year deal - until the end of 2025. Broncos hierarchy are in the advanced stages of finalising the deal - expected to be announced after next week’s trial against the Cowboys"​

"While the Broncos board will rubberstamp a two-year extension, it is understood Walters’ new deal will contain clauses to avoid the massive $1.5 million payout that was given to his predecessor Seibold."​

Walters:

“I’m really happy here. I don’t want to comment too much because we’re in discussions now, but we’ll wait and see what happens. It’s good if the Broncos are talking like that about a new deal, but we’ll see what the end result is. It’s my dream job … I wake up every day and pinch myself that I’m in this role.”​

“I believe the club is moving in the right direction. Our pre-season has been very good and I’m confident in the roster we have that we can push for the finals this year. My time as coach has gone quickly. You are always learning as a player and coach. I was learning when I was coaching Queensland. Guys like Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy are still learning. If you aren’t trying to better yourself, you are going backwards."​
“I love working here at the Broncos. I love working with the players and the rest of the coaches and I know we are moving forward. That will be seen over the next six, eight, 10, 12, 27 weeks of the season. When I took this job, I wanted to bring that togetherness and I can definitely see it and feel it. I can see it, but it’s up to everybody else to buy into it, too. The Broncos have been a successful club for a long time by playing at a high level every week. That’s what I want us to get to this year. It comes with maturity, a lot of our guys are 12 months older and wiser, so it’s all systems go for us. I’m feeling very comfortable in my role at the Broncos.”​
Chris Orr, Kevvie's manager:
“I am in constant contact with the Broncos in relation to Kev’s future. I know Kevvie never wants to leave this great club and I hope the Broncos see that as a real positive to have someone with that much passion for the club. All head coaches know it’s a results-driven business. Kevvie has come in and steadied the ship and brought back the Broncos culture, while taking the team back towards the pointy end of the competition. Given the passion Kev has for the Broncos, I can’t see a time when he isn’t part of this great club. He is as revered at the Broncos as his great mate Allan Langer."​

Jock Madden:

“I am loving it up here. Kevvie is a big part of that reason, he and the other coaches have been extremely professional and I can already feel my own game will benefit with this move north to the Broncos.”​

it is understood Walters’ new deal will contain clauses to avoid the massive $1.5 million payout that was given to his predecessor Seibold."
The clauses kind of make this deal more acceptable .. I think.

Only if they're performance based.
If the boys come out and smash it over the first month, month and a half .. we can ride that wave. If we start off a bit wobbly, for Kev, that will become a big stress factor for him. And that bothers me a bit tbh. Can Kev still thrive under significant pressure? Or will it just be a bit too much for him. He simply cannot make the same mistakes with positions and bench etc, that he did last year. He panicked a bit I think .. and that was his downfall.

Wayyy too early to be extending him now, especially with all the doubts exhibited from the players still clouding his role at the club. I would have put all talks on hold until mid season to see where we are at.

This is almost a concession from the club along the lines of "we know he's bog average, but there's just no one else to fill the role."

Kevvie, always the wordsmith.

“It comes with maturity, a lot of our guys are 12 months older and wiser, so it’s all systems go for us.”

I’d say they are literally all 12 months older than they were this time last year.
I was about to quote the same thing.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Maddy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • Spoon
  • sooticus
  • ell.d33
  • Manofoneway
  • Rah88
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.