THE COACH Kevin Walters

Lol love Kevvie.

Walters was asked about Cobbo’s All Stars performance following the 24-all draw with the Titans.

“Yeah it was great to see Selwyn do that ... he has been well coached,” he said with grin, per News Corp.

“He is improving all the time.

“Selwyn showed some good skills again in that area, so he must be getting some good coaching I would have thought.”

a certain News Corp reporter (who shall not be named) tried to spin those comments as evidence Kevvie hasn't totally forgiven Cobbo for the podcast

a certain News Corp reporter (who shall not be named) tried to spin those comments as evidence Kevvie hasn't totally forgiven Cobbo for the podcast
Once again, this unreliable narrator "spins" what's behind the paywall to suit his "agenda" and troll the good folk of BHQ with malicious gossip.

The reporter is of course Peter Badel. Here is what he actually wrote:

"Kevin Walters says he has forgiven Selwyn Cobbo for his podcast blast, but the Broncos coach hasn’t totally forgotten"​
Which is exactly the point Kevvie was making by having the dig: he hasn't forgotten.

Which is exactly the point Kevvie was making by having the dig: he hasn't forgotten.

I thinks its over now......Kev's had his comeback. Its even.

Gotta remember KW was a cheeky half with a quick wit....he's a smart arse. You don't cop someone saying something against you on the chin.......you get your own back.

He really should be thinking about the season upon us now..........as Brisbane fans, we should all try and get behind him and show him support.

Yeah?

Gotta remember KW was a cheeky half with a quick wit....he's a smart arse. You don't cop someone saying something against you on the chin.......you get your own back.

He really should be thinking about the season upon us now..........as Brisbane fans, we should all try and get behind him and show him support.

Yeah?
More or less. The last thing either of them want is to escalate. Kevvie's style is to crack a joke, play it down and save face for everyone. He's been dealt a shit card here, but proving Cobbo wrong is the ace in the deck.

Yeah?
It’s a fresh season, players have another year under Kev’s structures and training, another off season down, all the dead weight (that he didn’t sign) has been moved on.

As far as I’m concerned it’s a fresh slate for Kev. I’m backing him to have turned it around, grown as a coach, accepted support in the right areas, and addressed the short comings. I’m not even asking for anything unreasonable - better defensive structures, resilience under pressure, better bench usage, a top 8 finish, and at least one intelligent media appearance.

Now of course if none of these areas see much improvement after a half dozen rounds or new ones appear I will comment on them but I will just as soon comment on any good he achieves.

Let’s go Kevvie!

It’s a fresh season, players have another year under Kev’s structures and training, another off season down, all the dead weight (that he didn’t sign) has been moved on.

As far as I’m concerned it’s a fresh slate for Kev. I’m backing him to have turned it around, grown as a coach, accepted support in the right areas, and addressed the short comings. I’m not even asking for anything unreasonable - better defensive structures, resilience under pressure, better bench usage, a top 8 finish, and at least one intelligent media appearance.

Now of course if none of these areas see much improvement after a half dozen rounds or new ones appear I will comment on them but I will just as soon comment on any good he achieves.

Let’s go Kevvie!

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt .......and accept you meant every word of that.

The last breath of good faith I have in all mankind, is in your hands.

Let’s go Kevvie!
Not the first time you've tentatively put your pitchfork down.

I'm taking the opposite position. I'm neither for nor against Kevvie, but need convincing to step off the fence. He has the cattle to win some games. Let's see it happen first.

For me that starts with the Cowboys. Trial or not, I want to see us put some big scores on opponents.

How many losses will you wear?

1. Cowboys (trial)
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys
4. Dragons
5. Dolphins
6. Tigers
7. Raiders

I expect we'll see some serious pitchforkage if we go down to the Dolphins.

Kev is the kind of bloke who would be making light hearted jokes with Selwyn at training about it, initially he was probably taken back but the fact he can now make a bit of fun about it, clearly it's not weighing him down too much.

Kev is the kind of bloke who would be making light hearted jokes with Selwyn at training about it, initially he was probably taken back but the fact he can now make a bit of fun about it, clearly it's not weighing him down too much.
Yes. This is more from that piece. It's hard to spin this into Badel being evil, but I guess if you're off your meds you could hallucinate it that way:

Walters admits he was hurt by Cobbo’s comment about his coaching ability, but told News Corp there is no bad blood with the Maroons ace and only wants the best for him at the Broncos:

“Look, Selwyn is a good kid. I know he didn’t mean what he said. The water flows under the bridge here and we have to look forward. We have both moved on. I have spoken to Selwyn about it and we’re both good. He has been really impressive with his pre-season. I am looking forward to having another good year with him. He is a good kid, we love him here at the club and we’ll welcome him back this week in a Broncos jersey.”​

Yes. This is more from that piece. It's hard to spin this into Badel being evil, but I guess if you're off your meds you could hallucinate it that way:

Walters admits he was hurt by Cobbo’s comment about his coaching ability, but told News Corp there is no bad blood with the Maroons ace and only wants the best for him at the Broncos:

“Look, Selwyn is a good kid. I know he didn’t mean what he said. The water flows under the bridge here and we have to look forward. We have both moved on. I have spoken to Selwyn about it and we’re both good. He has been really impressive with his pre-season. I am looking forward to having another good year with him. He is a good kid, we love him here at the club and we’ll welcome him back this week in a Broncos jersey.”​

My key question from that is, where does water flow OVER the bridge elsewhere?

My key question from that is, where does water flow OVER the bridge elsewhere?
Images 3

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • westy316
  • Maroon4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.