THE COACH Kevin Walters

Yeah Paps is a massive concern, have real JYY vibes from him sadly. As much as I hate the Storm, Paps was great to watch but if he gets back, you just can't see him being anything close to the same player as before.

And if this year is finally the year Melbourne slide, couple that with Bellamy leaving, the era of the Storm and their cheating ways could finally be out the door. However, we need to see if other teams can get over the top of them like the Dogs did. The Dogs aren't even a good team yet, will be interesting to see how this Storm side goes again a top team.

They've also just lost NAS for about 2 months but scheduled return date? You guessed it - May 11.
Those Storm grubby cheats always time their return from injuries against us 😡. This is all in the past now. We will beat them twice from here on surely.

For the NRL to let the storm sink down the table is tantamount to admitting to Victorians that they are conceding defeat and admitting that an NRL team will never be successful in Melbourne without being given a 'leg up' every year.

The AFL did the same for the Brisbane Lions when they first came into their comp. The big difference was after four years the AFL were able to drop the 'manufactured' success and leave the Lions to get on with it. As soon as the NRL decides to drop all concessions for the storm they'll end up perennial wooden spooners.

For the NRL to let the storm sink down the table is tantamount to admitting to Victorians that they are conceding defeat and admitting that an NRL team will never be successful in Melbourne without being given a 'leg up' every year.

The AFL did the same for the Brisbane Lions when they first came into their comp. The big difference was after four years the AFL were able to drop the 'manufactured' success and leave the Lions to get on with it. As soon as the NRL decides to drop all concessions for the storm they'll end up perennial wooden spooners.
What are the current concessions?

News Corp can reveal Walters and the Broncos have formally agreed terms on a two-year deal:

* Walters to be extended until the end of 2025​
* A shorter-term severance package​
* Bonuses for making the finals and the top four​
* Proposed $1 million salary for another premiership.​

Karl Morris:

“Kevin has done a great job. I believe this squad certainly has the potential to win a premiership. In my time here, I think it’s the best roster we’ve had. We’ve started the season with two wins against two teams last year, one is the defending premiers and the other was a top four team."​
“It wasn’t so long ago commentators were calling us the Baby Broncos, but now some of those rookies have 40 and 50 games under their belts and we have a good sprinkling of experienced players. Importantly, we have a lot of depth this year. If we have an injury or two, we have quality players to cover which is a great sign for the season ahead. The players are happy and I’ve never seen them so united and Kevin has a lot to do with that.”​
“Kevvie has done a great job bringing stability to the club and harmony in the dressing room. We’ve gone through a lot of change and a lot of it wasn’t easy, but Kevvie has played a great role in our recovery. It’s a team effort across the board but Kevvie’s enthusiasm and energy cannot be discounted.”​

Reynolds:
“I’m pleased for ‘Kevvie’ getting a new deal. He is a good coach and a great mentor and he bleeds what the Broncos are about. His passion is one of the reasons I wanted to come here and play for him. There is no better man to take this club forward. He is a very passionate person and he wants to get the club back to the top again.”​

Happy with that. It provides stability and hopefully last season's fade out was the outlier and not the norm. The start to this season is promising.

They should continue to invest in kevvie. He's not a Wordsworth, he's not charismatic but he is passionate and hard-working and that's what matters. Say what you like about last year, the team, the roster is leaps and bounds better then previous years. I hope Kevy is successful as a coach and I hope billy proves the doubters wrong. Their story is full of grief with the loss of his wife and Billy's mother years ago. It would be great if they won a comp eventually.

I thought this already happened. Ah well, good on ya Kev

The biggest concession would be how much of QLD they are allowed to pillage with their cup teams, give them Southern NSW where AFL has a foothold as a NSW cup team instead imo(thinking like Albury or Echuca/Moama).

The biggest concession would be how much of QLD they are allowed to pillage with their cup teams, give them Southern NSW where AFL has a foothold as a NSW cup team instead imo(thinking like Albury or Echuca/Moama).

Falcons and Tigers only field 17 every week same as the other sides.

Falcons and Tigers only field 17 every week same as the other sides.
I'm not talking about that, those clubs have junior academy's and such and likely youth competitions in their area right?

I think it just feels like a wasted opportunity to have basically the foundation of their talent 1000s of kms away when you have Areas much closer in NSW that could find talent but need presence.

Especially with Dolphins in the comp now.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.