NEWS Kevin Walters interview

There’s no more excuses, he steps up and does his job or he can take the millions he’s earned and **** off elsewhere.

Milford had potential to be one of the greats, now he could potentially never recover.

...totally agree, with both comments. 👍

or was it one comment...that I split into two separate comments?
Evil Smile GIF by memecandy

As far as game changers / breakers go, I'd add TPJ at his best, and Staggs, and possibly Riki if he lives up to his potential and expectations. However I think I know where you are coming from - it mostly all starts with the halves, and Milford certainly has what it takes to make things happen from 5/8.

Having said that, for mine it still comes down to combinations: halves + hooker + FB. Without that coordinated spine working together, getting the middle and edges moving, no amount of individual brilliance will win us many games, if any. Therefore, our hooker and FB are crucial to any success we can look forward to. This is my major concern for '21 - not so much, or just Milford, but also Turpin/Paix and whoever plays at the back, and them all coming together as a fully functional spine.

As for Dearden, he has shown me that he combines well with Milford in the relatively few games they have played together which is good starting point. He is still only 19, and again, it's his combination with Milford, and our edges that is most important, rather than his game breaking abilities.

For mine, getting to there is Kevvie's biggest challenge, as well of course as reversing our appalling defence which, incidentally, is also all about communication and combinations. It's always the team first, individuals second (without of course discounting the importance of individual form.)
I don't think so mate....the players you mention aren't in the category of the "match winner" player I'm speaking about.

Re combinations.......a year exactly like you say with Turpin/Paix, Dearden, Milford is exciting to think of. That's why I'm keen not to throw Milford under the bus just yet......
If he can't get something together with this lot, instead of being dragged down by "I'm so slow it actually looks like I'm moving backwards McCullough" and he who shall not be named (psst....Darius ....just quietly) then yeah...there's very little hope left to see him reach his potential and fucking him off, would be the right course of action.

Really? the "only" player with potential huh? is that right?
If thats the case, burn the club down now, because if Milford is our only hope, then we are as fucked as your opinion on the matter.
Well kind sir....who would you place ahead of him?

Please don't say Isaako....that **** is a 50/50 of dropping the ball cold at any given time, let alone with 5 mins left and your 4 points behind on the scoreboard. 🙃

Last edited:

Please don't say Isaako....that **** is a 50/50 of dropping the ball cold at any given time, let alone with 5 mins left and your 4 points behind on the scoreboard. 🙃
Least Isaako isnt missing for 70 minutes of every game.
Or on a million a season.

Last edited:
I don't think so mate....the players you mention aren't in the category of the "match winner" player I'm speaking about.

Well, referring to your earlier post where you said "What I mean is a player who can turn nothing into something.....who can find you points. Who can win you a game, literally on his own." that is for me, exactly what TPJ and Staggs can do, and have done - match winning and game breaking.

However, context is everything, so I purposefully placed some context on the idea of match winning/game breaking when I referred to Milford's specific role, in the halves, where he has a lot more scope to break games and create opportunities for, if not scoring them himself, points. All the stars you mention were or are halves. You also missed other stars who aren't halves, who meet your category: Smith, Slater, Tedesco. My point is that the category to which you refer is for players whose roles aren't limited to a rigid positional restriction like TPJ and Staggs but who also break games and score points, or create opps for others.

Sorry, I'm having semantics for dessert ... oops, there's a split hair. Bugger

That's exaggerated majorly. Fact is isaako has won us more games then most others have in our team in the last couple years with his field goals and conversions

Well, referring to your earlier post where you said "What I mean is a player who can turn nothing into something.....who can find you points. Who can win you a game, literally on his own." that is for me, exactly what TPJ and Staggs can do, and have done - match winning and game breaking.

However, context is everything, so I purposefully placed some context on the idea of match winning/game breaking when I referred to Milford's specific role, in the halves, where he has a lot more scope to break games and create opportunities for, if not scoring them himself, points. All the stars you mention were or are halves. You also missed other stars who aren't halves, who meet your category: Smith, Slater, Tedesco. My point is that the category to which you refer is for players whose roles aren't limited to a rigid positional restriction like TPJ and Staggs but who also break games and score points, or create opps for others.

Sorry, I'm having semantics for dessert ... oops, there's a split hair. Bugger
I agree with your category summary......I just don't think Staggs or TPJ belong in it.

That's exaggerated majorly. Fact is isaako has won us more games then most others have in our team in the last couple years with his field goals and conversions

Isaako peaked in his rookie year. Since then he’s been average and i haven’t seen any improvements in his game.

His post doesn't say that he believes Kev is the right man for the job, which is what he disagreed with, along with many of us.

Now that he's there. We will get behind him. Him deserving to have a long and successful career here doesn't say anything except that people are getting behind the coach, and recognise that even if he's a shit coach, he deserves a good tenure at this club.

I disagree, to state every day he doesn't deserve the job he is terrible to switch to he deserves a long successful career is a complete turn around and not just support.

I disagree, to state every day he doesn't deserve the job he is terrible to switch to he deserves a long successful career is a complete turn around and not just support.
Nah he was always consistent that he didn't rate Walters as a coach but would fully support him if he did become our coach.

Now if he turns out to be a superstar coach Foordy will have some humble pie, and I think everyone on BHQ would love that.

Even when he said he doesn't think Walters is a good coach before he was appointed he was still saying that he hopes he is wrong and if appointed Kevvie does a great job.

Sorry mate you got this one wrong.

I'm far from a supporter of @Foordy, but I'm pretty sure you'll find that in this context him saying Walters is deserving of a 'long and successful career as a Coach at the Broncos' is more about him personally and the way he has conducted himself with the club as both a player, staff member and media pundit than necessarily his Coaching expertise.

He might have bagged his ability but he was always clear about his unwavering support of Walters if he got the job. You can't exactly deny him that when it's seemingly the exact same principle he's applied to his continued and vigorous support of Paul White even in the face of White's overwhelming and gross incompetence.

Last edited:

That's because your arguments are usually pretty simple though.

Does he deserve the job for mine? No. Does he deserve success, absolutely.

That's because your arguments are usually pretty simple though.

Does he deserve the job for mine? No. Does he deserve success, absolutely.
I don’t think he’s the ideal candidate but I’m curious who you would’ve preferred out of the realistic available options?

Any other realistic options were pretty slim pickings ...yeah?

Whilst I doubt KW's coaching ability........and his runs on the board aren't quite up to where we'd like, but...... I think he is perfect for what Brisbane need right now. A bit of heart & soul....a bit of unity....a bit of playing for the Brisbane jersey and club again, is what Kevie should bring into the team. How successful he'll actually be as a coach, only time will tell.

I for one am optimistic and enthusiastic about KW's prospects.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
  • Ozired
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • teampjta
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • BroncosAlways
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.