NEWS Kevin Walters interview

Walters with Peter Psaltis on Brisbane's Wide World of Sports radio:

"That's how I operate as a coach. I want our players to develop their instincts We've seen this year with the six-to-go, the six-again rule, the instinct player comes right back into the game. I was very fortunate throughout my career, probably the most instinctive player of all time that I've seen is 'Alf' (Allan Langer). Darren Lockyer, although he liked a little bit more structure. Johnathan Thurston loved to just get the ball and create havoc."

"I see that ability in Anthony Milford. It's drawing out those strengths and Anthony playing to his strengths, as well as putting some structure around him. He's one of our best and most senior players now, so he needs to take a lot of responsibility for the team. Not only for our attack but also for our defence an everything that we're doing away from the footy field as well. I'm really looking forward to working with Milf. He's a great player and he'll get back to the form that we all know he can play in 2021. It's vital that Anthony gets back to the form that we all know he can play."

"Anthony, just in the few conversations that I've had with him, he's really looking forward to coming back and training. He's looking forward to what lies ahead for him. He knows he's off contract at the end of next year, so there's a lot in his corner, a lot on his plate, but he'll be a vital player for us next year. I'm looking forward, like everybody else, to seeing the real Anthony Milford step put of the shadows of the player we've seen in the last couple of years, into those shoes we know he can fill."

"In his early days at the Broncos, 2015, 2016, 2017, he was one of the better players in the competition and we expect Anthony to get back to that level for the 2021 season."

McHunt

KW is publicly backing Milf, confident that he can regain the form that made him a star, while at the same time clearly communicating his recent form isn't good enough
Top stuff KW

I think Kevvie should go full Trump.

I alone, can fix this mess. Make Brisbane Great Again.

I think he could do it with a straight face.
Fixed it for you ...and that cost you points. Couldn't click the "like" button as a result.....

I don’t think he’s the ideal candidate but I’m curious who you would’ve preferred out of the realistic available options?

I didn't really have a preference then, and I don't have one now. I feel like a club of this size should be able to get someone who has results behind them.

I'm not upset Kev is here though, and I hope he kills it.

Fixed it for you ...and that cost you points. Couldn't click the "like" button as a result.....
Please mark on my report card "can and must do better"

Just dont write I disturb classroom harmony, I saw that a lot...

Last edited:
I didn't really have a preference then, and I don't have one now. I feel like a club of this size should be able to get someone who has results behind them.

Fair call. I think Kevvie is the perfect choice and will do well. Importantly he chose assistants that will compliment him and have head coach experience. So far from a PR and media point of view it's A+. He gets what is wrong with the club. Kevvie is a person that will bring the groups together. He is a good cultural fit, which is what we need the most. He may not bring a premiership but that is not a realistic goal right now. We have the coach we need having just got the spoon.

So....no one?

Another cracking interview from Kevvie on the broncos website.

Well to be fair its probably not that special but its good to see him giving good no bullshit honest answers. Someone asks who's going to play a set position and he doesn't say it in a riddle, just comes out and answers.

Love the jack bird comment too, didn't give him the time of day, straight up just says we'll leave that alone.

Another cracking interview from Kevvie on the broncos website.

Well to be fair its probably not that special but its good to see him giving good no bullshit honest answers. Someone asks who's going to play a set position and he doesn't say it in a riddle, just comes out and answers.

Love the jack bird comment too, didn't give him the time of day, straight up just says we'll leave that alone.
The only way he could have improved his comment on Bird was if he'd simply said :

"Jack Bird? Never heard of her..."

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.