OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

Didn't he have 2 or 3 weeks off towards the end of the year when the police investigation was happening? He had his sook time last year too, when he went to find himself and his will to play. He isn't shy in asking for time off.

Concussion recovery is now called sook time . OK Boomer .

@1910 strangely silent.

@Smokin' Joe...what's doing mate?

Just getting on the front foot.

I think McQuire is a **** stick and I plan to be highly critical of his "coaching" performance at Brisbane.

King Of The Hill Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Anyone who was crying nepotism now can no longer claim that Kev was only coach because his son was our starting hooker.
Twist: what if it's Prince Willie who got his dad sacked and his old coach to replace him?

Just confirms why the old boys should shut the **** up. They're in it for their mates not the broncos. Does he forget the best front rower ever at the club was from nsw or old boys Chris john's and terry materson was as well. Or does it only matter if you're replacing your buddy Kev with a coach from not Queensland even though he's the obvious best option. This is club footy.. not origin..I could give 2 ***** where any one is from..I just want the best available for the broncs to be the best again. So if by a miracle Bellamy wants to come back here is he ruled out because he's not a queenslander. Gtfo and grow up.

With you mate, the old boys club do not care about how the club is going, they themselves are in it for an earn and to ensure their mates can get some like some sort of syndicate.

Stfu and read the news webby.

With you mate, the old boys club do not care about how the club is going, they themselves are in it for an earn and to ensure their mates can get some like some sort of syndicate.

Stfu and read the news webby.
So you mean to say the old boys are still behaving the way winners do? Backing their mate, turning up to support them etc. Exactly the mindset they brought to games... Sounds like the current mob could learn a thing or two from the old boys.

Poor Broncos are about to have their 4th coach in 6 years. Behave like the tigers become the tigers i guess! Hell even Madge is going to be the coach :rofl

I do wonder what's the future for Kevin Walters as a coach. A grand final appearance is nothing to sneeze at. The first two seasons at the club he had to get the roster in order. Although it's viewed we should have made the finals in the second season. I know it was reported a couple years ago Titans were keen on Walters coaching them when they departed with Garth Brennan. Walters was considered hot property after his success coaching Queensland at that point.

Obviously he is damaged goods at the moment after the season we had. But because of other coaches that have been given a second chance he's not necessary in coaching no man's land forever either.

Back to the blokes who’ve had his back this entire time, working with MMM & Fox.

So you mean to say the old boys are still behaving the way winners do? Backing their mate, turning up to support them etc. Exactly the mindset they brought to games... Sounds like the current mob could learn a thing or two from the old boys.

Poor Broncos are about to have their 4th coach in 6 years. Behave like the tigers become the tigers i guess! Hell even Madge is going to be the coach :rofl

You’re wrong, Kev and his mates are stuck in the 90’s. None of them have a clue on how the game has modernised. Sure some of the older values will always hold true but there’s far more to running a professional NRL squad nowadays then ‘standing by your mate’ and doing fast runs up hills.

Anyone actually listen to what Webcke actually said? He made some really fair points and clarified any points by stressing he wasn't in the inner sanctum, so it is all just his opinion but from the outside looking in, it seemed poorly managed.

Back to the blokes who’ve had his back this entire time, working with MMM & Fox.
Start a podcast with Billy and Gordie where they deathride the Broncos? Can chuck Parker in as a special guest (altho he did sound over the moon in an interview this morning so maybe he's back on board)

Start a podcast with Billy and Gordie where they deathride the Broncos? Can chuck Parker in as a special guest (altho he did sound over the moon in an interview this morning so maybe he's back on board)
Wait no Michael Ennis?

You’re wrong, Kev and his mates are stuck in the 90’s. None of them have a clue on how the game has modernised. Sure some of the older values will always hold true but there’s far more to running a professional NRL squad nowadays then ‘standing by your mate’ and doing fast runs up hills.
Great, give them the resources the team have now and they would be equally successful. Its a mentality that evidently can't be taught, only inspired and the foundation is a desire to not let your team mate down.

Unbelievable that the rich brisbane broncos, heart of Queensland are turning to a NSW coach who did not play finals in his last 6 seasons.. I agree with Webcke.. Did they really sack Kevin Walters for that?

Anyone actually listen to what Webcke actually said? He made some really fair points and clarified any points by stressing he wasn't in the inner sanctum, so it is all just his opinion but from the outside looking in, it seemed poorly managed.

It also came with a healthy dose of rhetoric that gets trotted out as an ex team member of Kevvies.

I'd hate to be the coach next in line. It's a poison chalice, up there with the next Broncos halfback to hit the scene.

They have started already.

Attachments

• 20240927_143651.jpg
    20240927_143651.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 20
I could absolutely see Bellamy signing with us for next year.

… only to backflip and walk away leaving us without a coach a week out from the start of the season as he dies laughing as one final insult before he retires forever.

On a serious note, what are Michael Hagan and Neil Henry doing these days?

I could absolutely see Bellamy signing with us for next year.

… only to backflip and walk away leaving us without a coach a week out from the start of the season as he dies laughing as one final insult before he retires forever.

On a serious note, what are Michael Hagan and Neil Henry doing these days?
Throw in Cameron Smith joining him as some sort of assistant coach before also walking away...

He seems like a really intelligent, level-headed bloke. He’s a player I’d love to have involved in the club somehow if he was interested.

No better role model for some of our young forwards.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Xzei
  • Wild Horse
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • mrtij
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • leish107
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • westy316
  • Reds2011
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.