OFFICIAL Kevin Walters Steps Down As Broncos Coach

"Others in the mix for the Red Hill throne include Wayne Bennett’s former Brisbane assistant Jason Demetriou, ex-Eels coach Brad Arthur and Ipswich Jets premiership duo Ben and Shane Walker, who played for the club."

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/971b994331b7a4874cc96f2c1e9fcbd5

Ben Walker and Shane Walker won't be given a chance. There style of football is considered too risky for NRL clubs to consider. In some ways it's a shame because the Titans could have chosen the Walker brothers years ago. But experts around the NRL were suggesting the Titans best option was upcoming Penrith Panthers assistant Garth Brennan. Brennan turned out to be a disaster not only his losing record, but also saddling the Titans with some terrible contracts. And these so called experts pretended like they never recommended Brennan.
Pretty sure Shane Walker is coaching an under 16s team now. That would be a ridiculous jump

I love how everyone is saying “poor Kevvie” yet a month or 2 ago everyone wanted his head (myself included). As a bloke and club legend, sure, I feel for him, it’s sad.

As a coach without a fkn clue as to how to fix this mess the players and staff have created?! He can get fucked right out the door.

Bring an experienced coach in (it’ll be Madge) and teach these spoilt kids what footy is about. No more kumbaya, camp fire “how does that make you feel?!” painted nails shit. Time to roll the sleeves up and DO THE WORK!! Time to defend like we did in 23 and even better. Time to play for the club, for each other and win footy games! All the other shit like social media etc will come when you’re successful.

I'm not saying poor Kevvie.

I am over the moon, he's a great bloke but should never have been our coach

Next coach has to tell the dear darlings that SM is limited etc. Do SAS type training etc in off season. No phones etc.

I’m not fully sold on McGuire, I think he has shown far more upside than Kev over a longer career but there are definite question marks.

Kev has his 4 years, he didn’t reach a pass mark. Not even by his own targets. Kev always said not making finals is a failure and he failed 3 out of 4 times. It’s someone else’s turn.

Madge might not be the perfect option but what shits me is that he won’t even get a fair go. He’s going to walk in and be treated the same way Seibold was and will be flogged non-stop at every point. One thing he a great job of at Souths is he respected their culture and built on it, and the old boys allowed him to do so. He could do that for us but he won’t be given the chance.

I kind of hope we have secretly signed Belly or Wayne by some miracle, purely because all the olds boys sharpening their knives will have to awkwardly shut up and accept it was a good move.

I hope Dave has learned a lot from this experience. He got a few things wrong through all this.

Whoever it is that comes in deserves our support. Let's give the new bloke the chance to prove himself to us now, in this moment, irrelevant of past successes or failures.

Up the mighty Broncos. GF winners 2025.
Completely agree. I’m not wrapped about the idea of Madge but Kev had blown his chance and there are no better options.

Madge will be the best coach we’ve had not named Wayne. It’s just yet to be seen if anyone not named Wayne can achieve any sustained success at our club

I'm not saying poor Kevvie.

I am over the moon, he's a great bloke but should never have been our coach

Next coach has to tell the dear darlings that SM is limited etc. Do SAS type training etc in off season. No phones etc.

Completely disagree. He was exactly what we needed after the whole Wayne into Seibold fiasco. Unfortunately, nobody realised it would have a used by date.

As a number of us said when he was appointed, it also needed to be done to shut the old boys up. He's had his shot, it's over, move on etc.

Completely agree. I’m not wrapped about the idea of Madge but Kev had blown his chance and there are no better options.

Madge will be the best coach we’ve had not named Wayne. It’s just yet to be seen if anyone not named Wayne can achieve any sustained success at our club
Give him two years and **** him off too. By that time reyno will be old enough to be our Benji and we can finally be the balmain broncos like we always wanted.

This continued obsession with wanting to treat our players like they're one sneeze away from an emotional breakdown and thus need to be treated with kid gloves....I mean wtf have we been doing for the past 10 years, if not that? It hasn't worked. Ever. They're coddled, soft and spoiled.

They require a hard ass to come in and remind them how good they have it, and of the current crop of available coaches, only one of them fits that bill. You have no right to be scared shitless of treating them like adult men rather than boys, but also crack the shits when they deliver performances like Round 27.

Give him two years and **** him off too. By that time reyno will be old enough to be our Benji and we can finally be the balmain broncos like we always wanted.
Shouldn't you be at home comforting daddy?

in my eyes the fact of the matter is, you don’t sack a club legend a year after a grand final If he is well liked and respected. There are enough excuses for this season that a guy who the club has faith in would have survived it.

The review would’ve got feedback from players but they would’ve also got feedback from staff, and assistant coaches.

If the staff said Kev is a good coach but just had a bad year and the players didn’t get behind him, he’d probably survive.

They don’t sack him if Adam, Patty, and Haas all think he’s great.

There’s been smoke for years, the results have been poor and now an external review has lead to him being moved on.

The club made the right decision. Who knows if the replacement will be correct though

I'll break my silence. Clubs fucked. The logic for firing kevy "1 finals in 4 seasons is unacceptable". Let's hire madge who's had 0 finals in 6 seasons.

But you know, **** it, the buck stops with the coach, just not madge surprisingly.
What? Madge got sacked by the Tigers. Is that not the buck stopping? Also by Souths, and he won a premiership there.

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • Stix
  • pennywisealfie
  • Dee
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Nerd
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.