Kevvie needs to get on the beers

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Titan's ambassador Gorden Tallis is back ranting at Broncos senior management again. This time it's not because the club has lost its 13th game on the trot. But because they canned his day at the races. This year's coach Kevin Walters had planned an almighty piss up with the old boys, to hopefully show the youngsters like Payne Haas how to hold their drink. And not make complete dicks of themselves. Or at least not get caught. But following an intervention by the party poopers upstairs the race day was called off. This was the final straw:

“I just hope and I reckon we need to watch this space – I reckon it’s about to implode. The people above Kevvie need to support him. The recruitment officer (Peter Nolan) is the one that signs them all, the chairman, the (interim) CEO (Neil Monaghan) they need to get behind him and give him the tools to shine. To one point, the boys are down. Yes, we (the Broncos old boys) all had a chip at the side last year. We were supposed to have a race day – all the old boys and young guys. Get around them, talk to them – and they are young – and try and help them get a little bit wiser. Get an old head on a young man’s body … but it got cancelled by the people above Kevvie.”

“The Broncos had an old boys day organised to get all those blokes back in there. Whether it’s Shane Webcke or Petero Civoniceva and get all those guys going to a race day. You sit there and have a chat to the old guys and you can talk to the young group and they’re buzzing around. I loved that when I saw a Gene Miles or a Wally Lewis and I would’ve loved to have had a beer with them, bumped shoulders and talked footy. But it got canned."

Htip ny 0226 01

It would have been awesome

“It was a great day. It was a bit damp (in Brisbane), but you know there’s always good weather inside a pub. The point is it comes from the management, which shows that if Kevvie wants to take full control of this team they've got to give him full control of this team. They need to give him full range, if he’s the coach he can’t be getting blocked. if he’s trying to set the standards, it’s got to be Kevvie’s club.”

McHunt

Last edited:
We will probably never get the full story, but I would bet broncsgoat's only testicle that Seibold was as hamstrung as Kev and as they tried to make Bennett. He was a yes man through and through however.

Tallis is right here - the club shouldn't be making these types of calls. Either give the team to Kevv totally, or commit to jogging on if things go further south yourselves.

We will probably never get the full story, but I would bet broncsgoat's only testicle that Seibold was as hamstrung as Kev and as they tried to make Bennett. He was a yes man through and through however.

Tallis is right here - the club shouldn't be making these types of calls. Either give the team to Kevv totally, or commit to jogging on if things go further south yourselves.
You can bet one of them but I’d still have two left.

I think a day at the races is one of the worst places for this to happen. People just get hammered, would have turned pear shaped for sure

I actually support management , if they felt it was not appropriate they can and should veto an event, they were probably scared of an incident occurring and getting bad publicity . Just like any workplace this past year , you boss may have said let’s have a Xmas party, but management vetoed it due to current enviromoment .

I think it was a dumb idea as well. Plenty of time to bond with the old boys at the Friday bbqs. Something like this should be organised when they have the bye as there would be more to go over in terms of games played and it would be far easier to justify.

Getting on the grog after your second game of the season looks and breeds an attitude of she’ll be right mate. Maybe other clubs do it, but they don’t have a pack of pond scum scrutinising and writing up every last thing they do like they do here in Brissy.

Gordon is talking through his arse yet again. Kev and the players were already scheduled to attend a community fan day at various KIA outlets that had been organised months ago. There was never to be an official meet-up at the races on Saturday like he claims.

Gordie was just hoping for a free feed and beers at the races the selfish twat. He really has no idea. I mean does he seriously think that a day at the races hearing him half sloshed and retelling the 'good ol' days' stories is going to cure the teams' many ills? If only it were that simple Gordy ya muppet.

Last edited:
Gordon is talking through his arse yet again. Kev and the players were already scheduled to attend a community fan day at various KIA outlets that had been organised months ago. There was never to be an official meet-up at the races on Saturday like he claims.

Gordie was just hoping for a free feed and beers at the races the selfish twat. He really has no idea. I mean does he seriously think that a day at the races hearing him half sloshed and retelling the 'good ol' days' stories is going to cure the teams' many ills? If only it were that simple Gordy ya muppet.
To be fair, scheduling wouldn’t have been an issue. The Kia appearances were in the morning, the races don’t start until after lunch.

You just know the courier mail are going to milk this into a three day story, get ready for raceday-gate. It won’t matter what the club does, they cant win, the courier mail saw how much traffic was generated last year by the broncos demise and they don’t want it to stop, contrived or not.

This ... hell after we lost to the Titans there were no less than 5 stories in the CM about the loss.

If this had have gone ahead, it would have been click bait for weeks

You just know the courier mail are going to milk this into a three day story, get ready for raceday-gate. It won’t matter what the club does, they cant win, the courier mail saw how much traffic was generated last year by the broncos demise and they don’t want it to stop, contrived or not.

Is there any way Kev can just media-blackout News Corp? Obviously we are majority-owned by them, but can he just tell Badel at least to **** off and revoke his media pass and ban him from Red Hill? Suicide mission no doubt, but I reckon Kevvie’s actually got the balls.

Is there any way Kev can just media-blackout News Corp? Obviously we are majority-owned by them, but can he just tell Badel at least to **** off and revoke his media pass and ban him from Red Hill? Suicide mission no doubt, but I reckon Kevvie’s actually got the balls.
Win, lose or draw I'd love the man forever if he did that ha ha!

He’s probably still on the foxsports pay roll.

If you're triggered by the Courier Mail, don't read it. Simple. It's not up to Kevin Walters to set you up a safe space.

It won’t matter what the club does, they cant win, the courier mail saw how much traffic was generated last year by the broncos demise and they don’t want it to stop, contrived or not.
Let's see the club win, rather than lose 13 games in a row. That might generate different stories. Just an idea.

Last edited:
If you're triggered by the Courier Mail, don't read it. Simple. It's not up to Kevin Walters to set you up a safe space.
You regurgitate everything on here anyway

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.