Kevvie needs to get on the beers

Yea Tallis can get fucked.

He doesn't give two shits about the Broncos.
He has Kevvies back and that's it, If there was anyone else coaching the Broncos right now Gordie would be shitting all over us like he did last season.

I would love to see the board come out and invite all the old boys to a race day in the future and tell Tallis he is banned from ever setting foot in the club again.

So...race day is an unofficial event organised by the 'Old Boys'.
Club gets wind of it and tells Kevvie about it. The look isn't great. Kevvie tells the players that a sponsor event and recovery is more important than getting pissed and poached by the Titans Ambassader.
Kevvie tells players on Tuesday the event isn't going ahead.
Sunday Tallis, looking for click bait reveals that Kevvie has been told by the club the unofficial raceday can't go ahead.
Sunday night Parker, who recently was let go by the club and has every reason to speak his mind now he is not an employee backs the club and their stance.

...Even if Kevvie was told by the club to cancel the race day event, it was the right decision.

The questions I have, is why are the 'Old Boys' trying to organise something without the club's notice?
Why are they organising a race day the day after a game? It isn't 1992 anymore and recovery is part of every team's season schedule.
Why is this even a story? If Kevvie was told to can it by the club and he mentioned his discontent to his great mate Tallis, can he trust him anymore?

This is truly a circus and Tallis is the ringmaster.
Renouf said the day was organized by sponsors. There seems to be different versions of the story depending on who's telling it. My read at this point is that Kevvie got the word from upstairs to nip it in the bud and is taking the fall for it. Speaking out against the establishment tends not to work out at the Broncos, and he's been sacked before by a willfully independent coach who also got sacked. I wouldn't be rocking the boat just yet either. Tallis, Renouf, Johns, Parker, Geyer etc are all free to weigh in however they like because their jobs aren't on the line for subordination.

Kevvie is giving us the buck stops with him line, which is fine. If you recall the Seibold debacle you'd know what they say isn't necessarily what's going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • whykickamoocow
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  • Clintos
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.