NEWS Kind hearted Karmichael rescues plodding horse from glue factory

Fart-in-a-spacesuit Xavier Coates is picking former Broncos superstar Karmichael Hunt's brain in an effort to regain his form that went to shit after his blonde haired bestie Tommy Dearden hit the eject button. The out of favour Papua New Guinean winger is currently suiting up for this third Origin, and right now can't tell his sphincter from his scrotum when it comes to catching a high ball or knowing where to stand in defence:

“As an NRL player I take pride in playing consistent football and I felt like I was struggling to play consistent football. I took a fair bit of advice from a fellow teammate at Brisbane in Karmichael Hunt. He told me a few tips he used during his playing career in rugby league as well as union and AFL about how to play consistent football."

“It’s unreal, he is one of the greats. What he’s done in the Origin arena has been unreal. To take advice from him and seeing what he’s done, and knowing he’s helping me out as a youngster who’s finding it a bit tough with certain categories within my career, knowing he has taken that on board is good."

Screenhttps  prodstatic9netau fs f9ac534e 62d6 4ae0 928b c6c79a9832af

Derp

“I’m obviously still learning. I’m still a youngster. I have help within the club. There is no shortage of players willing to give advice and I seek it."

“Karmichael is a really big help for me. Also having Jharal Yow Yeh ... I still keep in touch with him and he helps me out a fair bit. I’m just happy to be in this camp and looking forward to Game One. It was a really good feeling knowing ‘Greeny’ has faith in me to pull on this Maroon jersey again.”

“Yeah, I’m confident. Whatever I do in training will transfer to the field. I need to train really well and that will follow into my game. It definitely came unexpected last year. It was a goal of mine to play Origin football within my career, but I didn’t realise it was going to come that early on. To pull on that jersey last year was an unreal feeling. To get the call from ‘Greeny’ this year felt like my debut again."

“What I wanted to do was make my decision as early on as possible so I could get on with playing football. I feel happy that the decision’s been made. I’m looking to move on from that now. I’m very determined to finish the year well. I feel like I’ve been working very hard and I want to keep that going. I want that to transfer on to the football field.”

Hunt said:

“He is a terrific young man. I can understand why ‘Bellyache’ and the Storm wanted him to go down there. He trains really well and I see him approaching me to get some advice on his consistency as someone that really cares about their footy. When he’s not in the position he wants to be in he wants to do something about it. If that means talking to an older head, or doing some extras at training, he is doing it. He is a really talented and quality player. He is going to keep moving forward with an attitude like that.”

“There’s no doubt switching clubs affected him. I’ve been through similar situations where you’re moving on but still at a current club. It’s a tough situation. He has spent a lot of his junior development years at one club then made a decision to go somewhere else. Not everyone agrees with the decisions you make but it’s a learning experience for him to go through."

“You get affected by the external stuff as a young kid. He’s got to learn to deal with it and at the end of the day when it’s time to play footy you have to turn up and go about your business.”

McHunt

Let’s get him ready for the storm.

cool.

I don't actually have a problem with Coates talking to Hunt. I just hope he isn't the only current player doing it. The only negative is Coates is leaving next year.

In fact, try to give every young development/rookie player their own ex playing legend to act as a mentor them one on one, if possible. It would probably help re-enforce the culture while modernizing it.

I remember watching him in the last Origin and thinking to myself that he looks like a kid who doesn't like getting tackled.
He is a young fella so confidence will come with time, but if i was coaching NSW i would be telling my boys to kick a bomb to him at the end of every set and send 2 - 3 blokes screaming towards him roaring at the top of their lungs in the process.
For sure he lets tries in under that pressure.

I remember watching him in the last Origin and thinking to myself that he looks like a kid who doesn't like getting tackled.
He is a young fella so confidence will come with time, but if i was coaching NSW i would be telling my boys to kick a bomb to him at the end of every set and send 2 - 3 blokes screaming towards him roaring at the top of their lungs in the process.
For sure he lets tries in under that pressure.
Like I've said before, I'd be very surprised if Cleary doesn't target him mercilessly with kicks all night. He did reasonably well last year but this is his real test.

I hope he goes well and can handle it.

Fart-in-a-spacesuit Xavier Coates is picking former Broncos superstar Karmichael Hunt's brain in an effort to regain his form that went to shit after his blonde haired bestie Tommy Dearden hit the eject button. The out of favour Papua New Guinean winger is currently suiting up for this third Origin, and right now can't tell his sphincter from his scrotum when it comes to catching a high ball or knowing where to stand in defence:

“As an NRL player I take pride in playing consistent football and I felt like I was struggling to play consistent football. I took a fair bit of advice from a fellow teammate at Brisbane in Karmichael Hunt. He told me a few tips he used during his playing career in rugby league as well as union and AFL about how to play consistent football."

“It’s unreal, he is one of the greats. What he’s done in the Origin arena has been unreal. To take advice from him and seeing what he’s done, and knowing he’s helping me out as a youngster who’s finding it a bit tough with certain categories within my career, knowing he has taken that on board is good."

View attachment 13407
Derp

“I’m obviously still learning. I’m still a youngster. I have help within the club. There is no shortage of players willing to give advice and I seek it."

“Karmichael is a really big help for me. Also having Jharal Yow Yeh ... I still keep in touch with him and he helps me out a fair bit. I’m just happy to be in this camp and looking forward to Game One. It was a really good feeling knowing ‘Greeny’ has faith in me to pull on this Maroon jersey again.”

“Yeah, I’m confident. Whatever I do in training will transfer to the field. I need to train really well and that will follow into my game. It definitely came unexpected last year. It was a goal of mine to play Origin football within my career, but I didn’t realise it was going to come that early on. To pull on that jersey last year was an unreal feeling. To get the call from ‘Greeny’ this year felt like my debut again."

“What I wanted to do was make my decision as early on as possible so I could get on with playing football. I feel happy that the decision’s been made. I’m looking to move on from that now. I’m very determined to finish the year well. I feel like I’ve been working very hard and I want to keep that going. I want that to transfer on to the football field.”

Hunt said:

“He is a terrific young man. I can understand why ‘Bellyache’ and the Storm wanted him to go down there. He trains really well and I see him approaching me to get some advice on his consistency as someone that really cares about their footy. When he’s not in the position he wants to be in he wants to do something about it. If that means talking to an older head, or doing some extras at training, he is doing it. He is a really talented and quality player. He is going to keep moving forward with an attitude like that.”

“There’s no doubt switching clubs affected him. I’ve been through similar situations where you’re moving on but still at a current club. It’s a tough situation. He has spent a lot of his junior development years at one club then made a decision to go somewhere else. Not everyone agrees with the decisions you make but it’s a learning experience for him to go through."

“You get affected by the external stuff as a young kid. He’s got to learn to deal with it and at the end of the day when it’s time to play footy you have to turn up and go about your business.”

McHunt
Seems a bit of a car salesman X, reminds me a lot Cherry when he was young. Talks well but a lot of it is just BS blowing wind up people's butt. He is lucky to be playing for QLD and we should be sending him back to isc so we can get a head start with Cobbo.

Hunt played halfback for the Magpies yesterday. I wonder what's cooking there?

Hunt's itching for a start - maybe at centre if Farnworth is airdropped into the No.1 jersey:

“I’m pretty confident in the condition I’m in and with my footy. If Kevvie needs me, wherever he needs me, I’ll do a job for him. I did my MCL in the PNG game (May 16). It was a grade two, but it’s healed really nicely. It’s all good."

“I’ve been on light duties for a bit, but trained two sessions with the boys at Red Hill last week and was good to go."

“There is a lot of inexperience at the club and when there is inexperience there is inconsistency. Everyone there is trying their butts off to get better each week. No stone is being left unturned."

“The coaches are working hard with the young guys. Unfortunately sometimes it’s a good week, sometimes it’s a bad week. Having a few older players around like myself and Albert (Kelly), hopefully we can start having an effect on the group. "

"It wasn’t the result we wanted on Thursday night but there is another opportunity this week against Canberra. I’m looking forward to helping out with the prep there.”

McHunt

Hunt's itching for a start - maybe at centre if Farnworth is airdropped into the No.1 jersey:

“I’m pretty confident in the condition I’m in and with my footy. If Kevvie needs me, wherever he needs me, I’ll do a job for him. I did my MCL in the PNG game (May 16). It was a grade two, but it’s healed really nicely. It’s all good."

“I’ve been on light duties for a bit, but trained two sessions with the boys at Red Hill last week and was good to go."

“There is a lot of inexperience at the club and when there is inexperience there is inconsistency. Everyone there is trying their butts off to get better each week. No stone is being left unturned."

“The coaches are working hard with the young guys. Unfortunately sometimes it’s a good week, sometimes it’s a bad week. Having a few older players around like myself and Albert (Kelly), hopefully we can start having an effect on the group. "

"It wasn’t the result we wanted on Thursday night but there is another opportunity this week against Canberra. I’m looking forward to helping out with the prep there.”

McHunt
He’s getting desperate. Kissing ass hard and spruiking himself at the same time.

Active Now

• Organix
  • kiwi2
  • mieko
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.