Knee Injury Ends Bird's Season

It’s a bit funny though, 1 week ago, we have Jack birds, James Roberts two Origin level centers, and Kotoni Staggs. Now Bird is gone, Roberts is “ gone “ too, we only have staggs, also the best other options is switching back rower David Fifita tocenter.

Hilarious.

He was really starting to show his worth and always giving 101%. Gutted for the bloke, you can see how upset he was over it. Hope he stays and had a great career at the Broncos. I will always admire players of his mettle.

I think he felt he owed his team mates after the disappointment of missing most of 2018 and he really gave his all this year and was starting to hit some form.

You could see how gutted he was when it happened. I know players/staff say they dont read forums, media etc. But if they were to, i think he should know everyone wishes him a speedy recovery and hopes he gets the support he needs.

FFS man. This is fucking shit :(

Don't get me wrong, I am shattered for him as everyone else is, especially as the injury came just as he was beginning to hit his straps with us, and I hope he ultimately decides to stick around, but lets face it, if he does throw his hands up and get homesick, it isn't like we couldn't use his cap space in much better ways.

Don't get me wrong, I am shattered for him as everyone else is, especially as the injury came just as he was beginning to hit his straps with us, and I hope he ultimately decides to stick around, but lets face it, if he does throw his hands up and get homesick, it isn't like we couldn't use his cap space in much better ways.
But you'd need someone willing to take on the contract and now he's coming off a knee rehab.

At least it's happened early enough in this season that he'll come back around the start of pre season and pending what happens with Jimmy may get that right centre spot for the rest of his time here.

Last edited:
But you'd need someone willing to take on the contract and now he's coming off a knee rehab.

At least it's happened early enough in this season that he'll come back around the start of pre season and pending what happens with Jimmy may get that right centre spot for the rest of his time here.

Someone like the Bulldogs or Penrith would take him in a heartbeat

Bird showed a hell of a lot of character coming back the way he did this year. He was obviously fit and putting in everything he could. Was probably our most in form player this year.

Well he now faces another test of character and hopefully he rises to the challenge again. I feel he has unfinished business here at the Broncos and he will be in this side when we finally get that premiership once again.

We need to Keep Bird.

I don't care if they rent a penthouse apartment with a 24/7 physio, altitude chambers, Russian electrotherapy machines, 75" TV screen and a Jacuzzi!

He is a competitor and appears to be part of what we need long term.

I was never a fan of his, nor the signing considering the deficiencies the team had elsewhere. So in that respect, on paper, he has been a bad signing as he hasn’t really effected much in the way of winning which was trumpeted as the thing he’d bring to the club.

But the way we’ve played this season particularly, he’s been the one guy that hasn’t given up and tried his arse off and that’s just as important as winning sometimes, and has won me over. Sadly a comeback season undone by some bad luck. I really hope combined with his arthritis stuff that this isn’t the end of him at Brisbane and/or his career.

Rest and rehab well Jack. See you next season

Yes it is.
It is also a golden opportunity for jimmy which he should grab with both hands.
I just hope he does.

Marking Latrell again. He’ll need to be on point or he will get dropped again if he has another Souths-level effort

Bird was looking a different player at right centre, was absolutely dominating. He is a loss for sure, particularly given Roberts has mentally checked out.

He was really starting to show his worth and always giving 101%. Gutted for the bloke, you can see how upset he was over it. Hope he stays and had a great career at the Broncos. I will always admire players of his mettle.
Well said, he is definitely one that you could not make the accusation that he was not putting in. Would have loved to have seen what he could have done this year playing right centre.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.