Kobe Bryant and daughter killed in helicopter accident

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Not sure of the details, just heard NBA legand Kobe Bryant has perished in a helicopter accident.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Heard questions about whether the helicopter was overloaded and that’s what caused it to crash.

However they have said what type of helicopter was being used, a Sikorsky S-76, and the max capacity is 14 people. There weren’t that many on the helicopter.

Bit of a shock waking up to hear the news. He was a great fucking player.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
TMZ copping a lot of heat for breaking the news before the family was even notified. I have to agree to be honest, although you can't help but be impressed with the amount of connections they have.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
TMZ copping a lot of heat for breaking the news before the family was even notified. I have to agree to be honest, although you can't help but be impressed with the amount of connections they have.
Media are scum, but if it wasn't TMZ, it would have been another one.

animal eater

QCup Player
Sad day indeed. I am from LA and followed his entire career and saw him play live many a time. Not many athletes I have ever witnessed with that tenacity. The fact that he lost his daughter compounds the sadness.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
John Altobelli, a baseball coach at Orange Coast College, his wife and one of their two daughters were on the helicopter.

I don't think there has been any word on what actually caused the crash but witnesses that were in the area are saying they could hear the engine sputtering before it crashed.

Alec

International Rep
Wow, I was just watching the Lakers/Philly game yesterday, and his comments on LeBron surpassing him. Feels unreal.
RIP.

theshed

NRL Captain
You really got the impression that despite his basically unrivalled nba career, his best achievements were still to come. The guy had an unbelievable work ethic and drive.

Renegade

NRL Captain
I'm in the states atm... the moment it dropped the mood palpably changed. It's just devastating, he transcended his sport like few others. Just a terrible tragedy. RIP kobe, 41 is too young. Life is short people.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
It's just devastating, he transcended his sport like few others.
Came in here to say the same thing - he's in that elite category of superstar sports-people with the likes of Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Leo Messi, etc.

Growing up in the 90s/00s, I didn't follow basketball too closely, but I always knew three names - MJ, Shaq and Kobe.

Massive shock to hear the news.

RIP to all on the helicopter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter