Kodi Nikorima Joins the Warriors

And I suspect Boyd and McCullough will be long gone before we win another one as well.

Wonder if Kodi will play today for Warriors. Be interesting to see how he goes.

Nah. Give me any other million dollar half in the game over Milford any day.

I don't think many $1M halves are worth their price right now.

Milford: Really inconsistent, and there's still a lot of debate about what his best position is - you'd think there would be 100% agreement if he was killing it all the time in the halves.

Cooper Cronk: I think he's being paid for his legacy, I don't think he's playing like a $1M player at all.

Taylor: LOL

Ben Hunt: Yikes

Shaun Johnson: Oh no

Morgan: He's pretty good, but also not a $1M player

Pearce: Pretty good, genuine organiser, question marks over him being a choker in big matches

DCE: Probably the closest one who deserves it right now.

Last edited:
I don't think many $1M halves are worth their price right now.

Milford: Really inconsistent, and there's still a lot of debate about what his best position is - you'd think there would be 100% agreement if he was killing it all the time in the halves.

Cooper Cronk: I think he's being paid for his legacy, I don't think he's playing like a $1M player at all.

Taylor: LOL

Ben Hunt: Yikes

Shaun Johnson: Oh no

Morgan: He's pretty good, but also not a $1M player

Pearce: Pretty good, genuine organiser, question marks over him being a choker in big matches

DCE: Probably the closest one who deserves it right now.

It's surprising how many halves are getting paid a million dollars when they are not even remotely close to that price mark performance wise. Also interesting to note that most of them, besides Milford and Johnson play halfback instead of five-eighth (Though Shaun Johnson has played halfback his whole career until recently).

I think Cooper Cronk is still getting the big bucks due to his ability to carry out a game plan and being able to get the side to different points on the field. He may not be as dominant as he was at Melbourne, but his kicking game is still excellent and his game management skills are still second to none.

DCE is also worth every cent. Probably the best and most complete halfback in the game at the moment. Has all the skills that you would want in a halfback. As for Pearce, his salary is a little bit surprising because I always felt he was just that one tier down from the likes of JT, Cronk or DCE, but he has been exceptional at the Knights and has generally been great at club level across his whole career.

If I'm spending a million dollars on a half, I'm hoping they at least have excellent playmaking ability, a quality kicking game, strong leadership qualities, as well as effective organisational and game management skills, none of which Milford has.

Last edited:
If I'm spending a million dollars on a half, I'm hoping they at least have excellent playmaking ability, a quality kicking game, strong leadership qualities, as well as effective organisational and game management skills, none of which Milford has.

That's simply not true....

Last edited:
That's simply not true....

It is extremely true. You can't honestly think Milford has excellent playmaking ability, a high quality kicking game, strong leadership qualities or effective organisational and game management skills. Milford would rank about average at best in each of those characteristics. It's laughable that you would think otherwise.

It is extremely true. You can't honestly think Milford has excellent playmaking ability, a high quality kicking game, strong leadership qualities or effective organisational and game management skills. Milford would rank about average at best in each of those characteristics. It's laughable that you would think otherwise.
He's got a good kicking game when he mixes it up. The rest I agree.

He's got a good kicking game when he mixes it up. The rest I agree.

Well that is what I'm alluding to, he lacks variety in his kicking game. There's more to kicking effectively than just being able to strike the ball cleanly. As a whole his kicking game is still average. Yes he has improved his kicking technique, but compared to other halves with better overall kicking games, Milford's kicking game is still lacking.

Which other halves are we comparing him to....?

Some of his long kicks would be far more effective if Brisbane actually had a chase game. He's proven he has the abilioty to kick 40/20's. Nothing wrong with his short kicking game. There isn't a single half out their who gets it right 100% of the time, which is the measure you seem to hold Milford to. His play making can be as effective as any given half out there, when Brisbane are on song. I know you guys who are convinced he's a fullback can't let it go. It's about time you did....because he's not....and never was.

Lacking strong leadership at this point in his game is about the only thing I'll agree with. How old is he......24?

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.