RUMOUR Kodi Nikorima to Storm

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Not sure if this is the right thread for rumours, but heard on the grapevine today Kodi Nikorima has signed with the Storm...

Re: Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Would be a great signing for them, slot straight into Five-Eighth, presumably they let Blake Green chase the money elsewhere.

With that being said.. I don't want to lose him, he's been awesome for us this year.

Would be a great signing for them, slot straight into Five-Eighth, presumably they let Blake Green chase the money elsewhere.

With that being said.. I don't want to lose him, he's been awesome for us this year.

According to my mail, that is exactly the Storm's plan...

****, I hope not.

**** it. **** the storm!!
The Knights I could have handled.
Melbourne.....
NOOOOOOO!

Could Berrell take over as bench utility next year? Does anyone know how he is going?

Well, I'd rather keep Gillet over Knik, so if that's the trade off I don't mind the move. It does give the GI to us rumour some more momentum.

At least he would be going to a great club.

Significant Bronco news breaking shortly in courier mail.

$20 says it will be Broncos signing a rookie..

That would be an easy $20 in my pocket.

Nah it's about K Nik and an offer from Melbourne. I can't read it , it's giving me the old subscribe message. I wish people would just post it when they see it.

Melbourne Storm set to poach rising Broncos star Kodi Nikorima

Bennett blasts SOO turnaround

external

origin:video_integrator.xqOWFsMzE6Iae95BnmB0ZBs8ZBanZfyX

THE Storm are set to poach Broncos rising star Kodi Nikorima to be Cooper Cronk’s halves partner.
The Courier-Mail can reveal the Storm have made Nikorima an offer he will find very difficult to refuse.
The New Zealand halfback is being offered more money and the chance to be a regular starting playmaker at the Storm.
47791f1cc89ab3744aa63471a666d7ed
Kodi Nikorima is being chased by the Storm. Picture: Adam Head
The Broncos cannot match the Storm’s offer in monetary or opportunity terms.
Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy views Nikorima as the perfect replacement for Blake Green, who is attracting major offers from Sydney and England’s Super League.
Nikorima will decide his future late this month but those close to the 22-year-old believe he is favouring the Storm.
If Nikorima stays at Red Hill, it would be another case of a Bronco taking less money to chase premierships under Wayne Bennett.
Matt Gillett will have to take a major pay cut to stay at Red Hill but he is expected to re-sign this month. Gillett, however, has a starting spot.
Nikorima’s younger brother Jayden rejected a Broncos’ offer last year to take up a more lucrative deal with the Sydney Roosters but has found life difficult at a club which is struggling with off-field controversy, injuries and poor form.
Now Kodi has the biggest decision of his career to make.
Two weeks ago Nikorima said his first priority was to stay at Red Hill. That appears to remain his first choice but he is unlikely to ignore a chance to be coached by Craig Bellamy as Cronk’s halves partner.
“My No. 1 priority is to stay,” Nikorima said earlier this month.
fd8e8ab3404c5467ed73611e01852f4b
Kodi Nikorima said his first priority was to stay at Red Hill. Picture: Annette Dew
“I have been here since I was 12. I don’t know anything else.
“In saying that, this is a business and I have to keep my options open.’’
There is no real pathway to a starting position at the Broncos for Nikorima.
He is receiving more minutes this season coming on for Andrew McCullough, but he is still only coming off the bench late in the first half.
If Nikorima stays at Red Hill it will be for one year and he would come off contract at the same time as the majority of NRL players.
McCullough is off contract at the end of next year and is a critical player for Brisbane in a number of ways.
Beyond his consistency every week, McCullough is also a key position player who does not represent Queensland.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Last edited:

THE Storm are set to poach Broncos rising star Kodi Nikorima to be Cooper Cronk’s halves partner.The Courier-Mail can reveal the Storm have made Nikorima an offer he will find very difficult to refuse.
The New Zealand halfback is being offered more money and the chance to be a regular starting playmaker at the Storm.

The Broncos cannot match the Storm’s offer in monetary or opportunity terms.
Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy views Nikorima as the perfect replacement for Blake Green, who is attracting major offers from Sydney and England’s Super League.
Nikorima will decide his future late this month but those close to the 22-year-old believe he is favouring the Storm.

If Nikorima stays at Red Hill, it would be another case of a Bronco taking less money to chase premierships under Wayne Bennett.
Matt Gillett will have to take a major pay cut to stay at Red Hill but he is expected to re-sign this month. Gillett, however, has a starting spot.
Nikorima’s younger brother Jayden rejected a Broncos’ offer last year to take up a more lucrative deal with the Sydney Roosters but has found life difficult at a club which is struggling with off-field controversy, injuries and poor form.
Now Kodi has the biggest decision of his career to make.
Two weeks ago Nikorima said his first priority was to stay at Red Hill. That appears to remain his first choice but he is unlikely to ignore a chance to be coached by Craig Bellamy as Cronk’s halves partner.

“My No. 1 priority is to stay,” Nikorima said earlier this month.

“I have been here since I was 12. I don’t know anything else.
“In saying that, this is a business and I have to keep my options open.’’
There is no real pathway to a starting position at the Broncos for Nikorima.
He is receiving more minutes this season coming on for Andrew McCullough, but he is still only coming off the bench late in the first half.
If Nikorima stays at Red Hill it will be for one year and he would come off contract at the same time as the majority of NRL players.
McCullough is off contract at the end of next year and is a critical player for Brisbane in a number of ways.
Beyond his consistency every week, McCullough is also a key position player who does not represent Queensland.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Big decision indeed

This offer would be hard to refuse from Kodi ...

he gets a start at a strong, stable club with a quality coach.

he also gets to work with ultimate professionals like Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk,

I really hope he stays, but i wouldn't hold a grudge if he chooses to leave for the Storm (as much as i hate Melbourne, it is a great opportunity for him)

Bellamy organising his next spine. 1 Munster 6 Kodi 7 Cronk 9 Smith. 7 and 9 to be found later.
Only way he stays is we make a reshuffle 6 Milf 7 Kodi 9 Hunt and boot Macca because he has no way in.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Tmac
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.