NEWS Lay off: Darius Boyd "Suicide Risk"

Could this be his way to get a medical retirement via mental health? I’m just thinking outside the box here.

Possibly, but it's fraught with danger from a PR sense. The media could easily spin it that Broncos supporters bullied Boyd out of the job and suddenly it becomes a big scandal around mental health, which I have to admit as a Broncos fan with mental health issues, I would be highly bothered by that.

I know it wouldn't be the clubs fault, but its personal for me regardless. I guess any reason to hate the media more is a good one lol

I like this thinking. Let us all hope.
I’m assuming if deemed by a professional that he is in fact a risk of committing suicide because he can’t stand the criticism anymore. The nrl would have some serious balls to deny it because if he did... oooofff what a shit fight it would become.
I’m a retired infantry soldier and have had mates do themselves in after not receiving help from a certain organisation and it’s currently a massive shitfight.
[automerge]1568616418[/automerge]
Possibly, but it's fraught with danger from a PR sense. The media could easily spin it that Broncos supporters bullied Boyd out of the job and suddenly it becomes a big scandal around mental health, which I have to admit as a Broncos fan with mental health issues, I would be highly bothered by that.

I know it wouldn't be the clubs fault, but its personal for me regardless. I guess any reason to hate the media more is a good one lol
Oh I agree it’s a tinderbox of a subject especially when say a club gets out of a cap situation because of it.

Last edited:
Well all the critique about him playing like an absolute busted aside.

I'm sure all Bronco fans will have Darius' best interests at heart when it comes to his mental health. When he has intimated not once but twice as to the risk of suicide surely the club is now obligated to take some form of official action to remedy the serious problem presented. Otherwise they leave themselves wide open to a hefty litigation case being dragged through the courts if (God forbid) anything was to happen to Darius now.

I'm sure all Bronco fans will have Darius' best interests at heart when it comes to his mental health. When he has intimated not once but twice as to the risk of suicide surely the club is now obligated to take some form of official action to remedy the serious problem presented. Otherwise they leave themselves wide open to a hefty litigation case being dragged through the courts if (God forbid) anything was to happen to Darius now.

Look I'm all for people with problems to speak out publicly, it's necessary in the process to prevent people with issues going underground and never coming out, but being mentally ill does not absolve you of any responsibility at all, ever. Especially when you're on big money and business at large is on the line. I'm sorry but that's just life. I've had to come to terms with that in the past, and Darius does too.

His health is affecting his ability to perform at work. If this was happening to average joe, you bet your life management would be singling them out to either find a solution or give them the final warning.

Last edited:

I know that Darius Boyd being captain of the team should take some blame for the loss on Sunday, but what about the rest of the players? They didn't play well either it was all left up to a couple of the players to carry the team and try to get them out of the S.... they got into. At the start of the year the club got rid of a couple of good players and left the team week
. Now there needs to be some big changes for next year if they wish to do any good otherwise it might be the wooden spoon.

This fear for Boyd mental health is bullshit.
Wouldn't it be best for him and his health would be to retire.
He absolutely done.
Imagine another year of this. It's all about money.

It is not unheard of people resigning from jobs because it is detrimental to their health/mental health. It happens everyday.

No player is trapped, if you are not happy with all facets of the job you do, that includes criticism, you can choose another line of work.

People are tired darius. Tired of the team they have supported since they were kids, raised their kids to support, invested their money and time into, to see entitled, highly paid players phone it in.

So go review the season, tell yourselves that you had a disrupted off season, you had injuries or suspensions, what ever it takes to avoid looking at the mirror and realising you shouldnt be wearing that jersey anymore. Give it to someone who will wear it with pride

Blame Fifita. Boyd has been great influence to Fifita this season confidence building and lots of talk and telling him where to run. Why hasn't Fifita returned the favour and help Boyd not pass into touch, not miss tackles, not give up on chases, not fear hard contact, etc etc

What if the "NRL star" Boyd is alluding to is not a player, but a coach?

Mind blown

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.