Lazarus -> Webcke -> ?

F

footymad

U18 Player
Jul 29, 2008
The Broncos has always build their premierships around a world class prop. In fact, Wayne even purchased one in The Brick.
It\'s time for one of the current Broncos\' props to stand up. Hannant has been rubbish all year, and seems like his mind is on next year with the Dogs . Clinton has so far been the worst buy of the year. Taylor? He\'s unfit and looks like hes going to turn out to be another tom learoyd lars
Thaiday is a backrower but has played prop.
It\'s time for one of the props to step up and lead the pack.
My vote --> Nick Kenny

To say Hannant's been rubbish all year shows you've got a limited attention span. Up until about Origin 1 he was going great guns for the Broncos. He's been sub par during and since the Origin series.

However, I do agree. The front row have to step up. And I believe Kenny has been doing that already this year, and Clinton is building nicely at the moment.

Sims and Hannant need to rediscover their early season form and the Broncos are looking fine in the engine room.

True Rock, however Kenny has been the form prop for us in the last 5/6 games. However, I can't think of any current Bronco prop with the xfactor [icon_confu [icon_wink

Hammo said:
True Rock, however Kenny has been the form prop for us in the last 5/6 games. However, I can't think of any current Bronco prop with the xfactor [icon_confu [icon_wink

What do you propose Taylor has then ?? Sure he is inconsistent but he has more X factor than any front rower in the game IMO.

Hannant has be rubbish when the Broncos needed him the most. Isn\'t he suppose to be the next Webcke? Not even close!

\"The Rock\" said:
LOL! Your vote is Nick Kenny? What do you think Kenny has been doing for the last 4 years! Absolutely nothing. He\'s stepped up a bit this year, but previous to this he\'s been poor.

So I am surprise you\'re quick to judge Taylor especially.

They ALL need to stand up. Not 1 or 2, they all do. We don\'t be able to build a team around Kenny, sorry.

LOL at The ROCK! The admin with the least knowledge on these forums.
Kenny has been the only forward that looks half interested in running hard.
Get your eyes check mate, while you\'re at it, get a haircut!

I was joking Beads....I don't subsribe to the term Xfactor. In fact I don't subscirbe to the theory of Xfactor.

It is a word that has appeared in the English language thanks to talent shows. We are a football forum talking football. If someone from the Bronco pack was going on So You Think You Can Dance or Idol, then I'd suggest they have the Xfactor.

Touchdown.

Why does footymad go from using \ in some posts, to not using \ in others?

I'm confused.

I think they need to nurture Taylor along ... he seems to be the most talented of the bunch we have at the moment.

I really wish Petero was still here to oversee his progress [icon_frown

So why is the title lazzarus>webcke? when it's clearly not even a thread which is comparing the two?

Kenny has been a standout in his performances this year. If he continues this improvement I will be entirely comfortable with a Taylor/Kenny front row in a couple of year's time.

A couple of years? Not saying he's over the hill, however in a couple of years he'll be 28. He's a handy bloke, but I don't know if he's the right direction permanently.

28 is usually when the front rowers start to peak though. And Kenny has been showing some good signs lately.

IMO Watching Petero this year (and all others of his career) he is now to me better than Webcke was, the guy never stops he not only does so much work and does all the 1% stuff, he is a monster hitter and his runs are always effective and he has an excellent offload. Loved Shane but I think Petero has eclipsed him.

IMO Shane was better at going forward but Petero has a better workrate. I just can't split them.

Petero in the last 2 years was slightly better than Webcke IMO, and it's mainly due to players (including Petero) being fitter than about 3 or 4 years ago IMO. If only we still had Petero this year, I'd be so confident in us reaching the Grand Final, since the only thing we are lacking at the moment is a leader in the forwards...

atm we dont have 1 and might not have 1 for a while.

taylor is growing into that mould but more of a Tallis mould. Kenny isn't a Webcke he's more of a Peter Ryan player, big hits solid runs.

Clinton has been going great the last 2 games, if he can continue to the end of this year we have a chance of winning.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.