Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
League star Matt Gillett has pet Husky
to thank for Broncos career

Robert Craddock,
The Courier-Mail
November 8, 2019 3:24pm

Last edited by a moderator:
That article highlights how much influence these blood sucking managers attempt to have over the players. I'm not surprised Gillet based his decision around taking care of what matters most to him, that's what top blokes do!

The hide of his manager to even argue with his decision 😡

That article highlights how much influence these blood sucking managers attempt to have over the players. I'm not surprised Gillet based his decision around taking care of what matters most to him, that's what top blokes do!

The hide of his manager to even argue with his decision [emoji35]

Agree. Was about to post the same thing.

That’s the biggest thing I took out of the article. That his manager was angry he decided to stay. Gee I wonder why his manger got angry?!? It wasn’t because that means he missed out on a bigger pay day was it? Surely not, I thought all player managers put their clients needs ahead of theirs?

Absolute parasites the lot of them. Money hungry power tripping egotistical cancers that are becoming a fucking blight on the game

Last edited:
Agree. Was about to post the same thing.

That’s the biggest thing I took out of the article. That his manager was angry he decided to stay. Gee I wonder why his manger got angry?!? It wasn’t because that means he missed out on a bigger pay day was it? Surely not, I thought all player managers put their clients needs ahead of theirs?

Absolute parasites the lot of them. Money hungry power tripping egotistical cancers that are becoming a fucking blight on the game

To be fair, you said it much better than me 👍

Hold on, that dog is 20+??

Also, did he make the right choice? How many premierships would he have won at the Roosters? It certainly wouldn’t have affected his origin and test jerseys either.

Also, did he make the right choice? How many premierships would he have won at the Roosters? It certainly wouldn’t have affected his origin and test jerseys either.

I think the dog would be about 12 years old. And bloody oath he made the right decision. We might have been bog average for most of the last decade but bugger playing for the Roosters!

Completely hypothetical scenarios but for starters, if he was on a big contract with the Roosters during the 2013 season as their marquee back rower, they probably wouldn’t have gotten SBW to come back and from all reports he had a massive influence on the group that season.

And he wouldn’t have really felt apart of the title in 2018 if he suffered the same neck injury he sustained with us. And then considering he was struggling to see out the 2019 season there would be an argument whether he would have made it through to the 2019 GF to be apart of that.

Not to mention the moment he fractured his neck the Roosters would have probably tried to medically retire him.

EDIT: Please be careful with accusations

Last edited by a moderator:

The hide of his manager to even argue with his decision 😡

Your client is playing ISC and probably been saying to you for 12 months get me an NRL deal- you get a Roosters deal and he says no don't want it- I would imagine plenty of managers would say what the hell?

Said client is making nothing from football and working odd jobs- again most if not all manager should say take the best deal. No one knew how good he was, he was playing 6 for Norths and had walked away from his NYC deal- this Roosters deal could have been his one chance to make some money from football.

Broncos deal was just a pre-season too.

Last edited:
So we should be adding puppies to all our first time promising contracts. Maybe give Fifita one as a return home from jail gift and one to Haas for being a good mate. Just start a kennel up out the back of Red hill. Get these anchor puppies shipped already.

So we should be adding puppies to all our first time promising contracts. Maybe give Fifita one as a return home from jail gift and one to Haas for being a good mate. Just start a kennel up out the back of Red hill. Get these anchor puppies shipped already.

Also solves the halfback problem, Pearce signs immediately.

Completely hypothetical scenarios but for starters, if he was on a big contract with the Roosters during the 2013 season as their marquee back rower, they probably wouldn’t have gotten SBW to come back and from all reports he had a massive influence on the group that season.

More than a massive influence. Roosters would not have won the 2013 premiership if SBW wasn't in the side.

Also solves the halfback problem, Pearce signs immediately.
Giphy 16

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncos Maestro
  • FACTHUNT
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • Rowdy124
  • Wendall Taylor
  • LittleDavey
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.