Live Chats with Hook and White

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of issues with our backline come from our hugely depleted depth. Yow Yeh, Copley, Reed, Kahu, Norman (not injured, but lacking a heart) have either been injured all year, or parts of it. Pretty hard when you are missing so much talent.

^ Yow yeh is the only talented one missing. The rest are pretty useless

Hook didn't shy away from a few tough questions, but the responses were all fairly standard / PC which was to be expected I guess. General theme of his answers were:

• Don't write season off yet
  • Acknowledge need to recruit externally, with things underway that can't publicly be disclosed
  • Confident in juniors coming through
  • Sam Thaiday is the right choice for captain
  • Working hard on attack

I'm glad they decided to do this, all those answers are exactly what we were looking for and not something that's been mentioned in every article about the Broncs.

Just realised I had the chat window still open. If anyone wants to read the full transcript it's attached...

Attachments

• transcript.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 110
Some really good questions in there. Just unfortunately generic answers.

Just read the transcript. Now I'm 100% convinced Hook has not got a clue. He stated that Copely was talented and that one day Hoffman could be 5/8. Haha.

All he could say is that he and the tem were trying. HE dogded the question around us having the most representatives in the comp but being or of the worst teams.

I can't stand listening to his pathetic excuses.

I even deliberately worded my questions to try and ease them into getting answered but got diddly.

1. was about how high our completion rate and low error rate yet we still miss the most tackles out of everyone and queried just exactly who or what coaches looked after what.
2. was asking if Hunt was going to be persevered with despite how the season ends, especially after his re-signing
3. was just to see if I could get something answered so I asked if we'd ever see Joe Bond get a run.

Nothing

Just read the transcript. Now I'm 100% convinced Hook has not got a clue. He stated that Copely was talented and that one day Hoffman could be 5/8. Haha.

All he could say is that he and the tem were trying. HE dogded the question around us having the most representatives in the comp but being or of the worst teams.

I don't think this really tells us anything about Hook. Except that he knows his "Generic Neutral Answers" guidebook back to front.

i appreciate that hook took the time to field the questions, even though yes some answers were quite generic.

it was interesting that he did say 'point taken' in regards to the lack of support play.

he was quite specific about them having a plan in place for recruiting a big name when the halves futures was questioned.

i don really know what you would expect him to say here.

"no. hoffman will never be a 5/8. he is not good enough."

"we are 15th because we are a crap team but most of all our halves are useless".

???

he was quite specific about them having a plan in place for recruiting a big name when the halves futures was questioned.

Yeah, that's actually a positive I took away from it. He said expect quite a bit of movement in the next 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.