Liverpool FC Thread

ningnangnong said:
Tony Barrett reckons we bid 25m for him. He's usually spot on.

I've been staying up, we've bid 35m, NUFC's asking price. 8th most expensive transfer in the world if accepted. WHAT THE WHAT!! I guess FSG mean business. Dunno what else to say.... Torres forced our hand.

Although...

Wayne Rooney 67 games 15 goals aged 18 : £25.6 million

Andy Carroll 19 Games 11 Goals aged 22: £35 million

I've gotten up early to catch the end of the window. All I can say is wow!

Can't wait till next Sunday.

Torres is a sell out.

I don't begrudge him leaving, but waiting until the last three days of the transfer window, and then moving to that plastic club? **** off mate. You could've been a legend at Liverpool. The fans worshipped you. You'll never experience anything like that at Chelsea.

Enjoy hanging out with John Terry.

Found this rather amusing:

233899591.jpg

For what it's worth, I actually think Torres for 50m is a good piece of business. He's injured half the time, clearly would have had a morale issue and hasn't been at his best for some while. Also think he was quite limiting in terms of the shape of the forward line, and Suarez and Torres were never a combination that I thought would work wonders together. In Carroll and Suarez I think you have a much different, more adaptable dynamic that can threaten defenses in more ways than a lone Torres line.

That said, of course, Carroll has been massively, massively overpaid for. Having said that too, I think there's still a potential for him to grow into that price tag, the same way Rooney grew into his (before shrinking back out of it). And even if he plays like N'gog, he still has a ways to go before toppling Aquilani as the flop of the century.

Fernando ... we hate you so much because we loved you so much. Really really disappointed with his actions this week. Surprised we went so high with Carroll - obviously he's not worth anywhere near that much, but when your backed into a corner I guess you go above and beyond. Will be interesting to see how things go.

Ari Gold said:
And even if he plays like N'gog, he still has a ways to go before toppling Aquilani as the flop of the century.

Watching some of Aquilani's performances for Juve this season makes me think he would've been a success if we got him fit.

Beachy said:
Fernando ... we hate you so much because we loved you so much.

Was a Barca banner for when Figo left, wasn't it?

This is why liverpool fans are the best fans in the world!!!!

Sweet Carroll 9, oh, oh oh
Scoring never looked so good (so good, so good, so good)
Goals all the time, oh, oh, oh
Just like Kenny said they would

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxHqMEcSuQ

It's the anthem they sing for the Boston Redsox! haha LOVE IT

The current one being constructed for kop

Still walking on
Now it’s a new beginning
We are all glad that Kenny’s home

Second coming
The King became the saviour
Kenny is back upon his throne

Goals, Scoring goals
Our front two
L.F.C
We love you

Sweet Carroll 9
Oh Oh Oh
Scoring never looked so good
So good So good So good
Goals all the time
Oh Oh Oh
Just like Kenny said he would

LOVE IT!

Meanwhile, I hear the Chelsea fans have taken our old Torres song and just changed a couple of words. What a pathetic bunch.

Welcome to Chelsea Torres. looking forward to many of years of joy seeing you in a blue shirt. Chelsea are back! [icon_evillaugh

This was actually posted on rawk [icon_lol1.

He always knew he was a red carroll carroll
He's got a dirty greasy head carroll carroll
He punches birds he burns his house but we don't care thats fuckin scouse
andy carroll liverpools number 9

ningnangnong said:
Beachy said:
Fernando ... we hate you so much because we loved you so much.

Was a Barca banner for when Figo left, wasn't it?

Something along those lines, yes. I think It would have been a good deal for Pool had they not pissed a lot of it away on an unproven Carroll who don't get me wrong my become a class player but 35mill is huge money. Torres has had his worst two seasons back to back in the EPL with both injuries and form hampering him, there is no way he is worth 50mill nor is he worth 18mill more than David Villa was. Anelka showed this morning with a massive display that it won't be easy for Torres to just be an automatic selection either. I honestly think Liverpool got the better of the deal because Chelsea paid an absurd amount for the guy. On the Pool signings I think Suarez is a class act on the pitch and I think Carroll will hold the ball up well for him, if Kenny gives them a bit of tome I reckon it has all sorts of potential as a partnership.

This Suarez song has been suggested, sounds like it would be awesome. Credit to Celtic's supporters for the tune.

When I think of Suarez, I go out of my head (I just can't get enough). When he scores a volley or when it's with his head ( I just can't get enough). He scores a goal and the Kop go wild... and I just can't seem to get enough... der der der der der der der, der der der der der der der, der der der...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-eIig8R ... e=youtu.be

Love it.

Don't want to get ahead of ourselves here but.. the jan window got me thinking, this is my understanding

Out
Fernando Torres - 50m
Ryan Babel - 6m
Total: 56m

In
Luis Suarez - 23m (Funded from NESV pocket)
Andy Carroll - 35m (Funded from Torres transfer)
Total: 58m

Net spend 2m

Offical Bids
Ashley Young - 18m (Funded from NESV pocket)
Charlie Adam - 10m (Funded from NESV pocket)
Total: 28m

Now I assume there were other transfers that they attempted that maybe didn't go through.

So.. effectively, the owners were willing to trump up roughly 51m of their own cashola for January signings. A far cry from what we are used to!

28m in bids were not accepted + the remaining 15m from the Torres transfer that wasn't spent.

Now.. in the summer, Juventus are DEFINITELY going to be following through with Aquilani's 16m purchase clause in his loan agreement. So without taking into account any summer sales which I imagine there will be a few, perhaps Cole, Konchesky, Kyriagkos. The reason why I think Cole will move on is because of his age and 100,000 a week wage. Goes against everything NESV believe in.

So anyway, I continue. Without the above probable sales I mentioned above we have
Hypothetical funds that NESV were willing to part with in January prior to Torres sale - 28m
Remaining funds from Torres sale - 15m
Alberto Aquilani sale - 16m

59m of funds, hypothetically available. Money in which NESV were willing to part with, will get in the summer or have left over from previous window sales.

Now, personally I think there are three areas that we really need to spend in, Wingers (pointless purchasing Carroll if our final in ball is horrible), CB (Skrtel looks shakey, Carragher is getting on, Kyriagkos the same (and as much as he is solid, he can lapse), Agger for mine is the one that starts), and perhaps another striker to add some depth to our ranks. Recall Insua. I don't think we need to get in a left back as we have Aurelio who is starting to string together some games, Insua (perfectly capable) and Johnson has been a revelation at LB and seems more than capable on his left foot.

So... this money does not take into account ANY funds that NESV have not already been willing to commit, perhaps they will commit more? So, I ask to you, 59m- what would you like to see done with it? Summer could really be the biggest stepping stone in Liverpools recent history in regards to getting together a squad that can push for the league.

Exciting times ahead.

I would love us to pursue Romelu Lukaku. Could really live up to his promise as the next Drogba and think his age would allow him to grow into the team nicely. His fee probably exceeds positional need but I like his youth and promise.

As for wingers, I like Eljero Elia and Marko Marin, but I'm sure there are others who could do nicely. Agreed on Centre backs but couldn't really name a preference.

FWIW, I'm batting pretty highly when it comes to predicting who we should and do sign, as I'm sure Ningers will attest to. He'll also vouch for said signings going to achieve less than nothing :D

Haha, class pic. :mrgreen:

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.